• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Applying to an Alliance

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Your recruitment application is automatically cancelled/rejected after 24 - 48 - 72 hours (1-3 days or so).

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Or, there should be an easy way to check if you have any outstanding recruitments...

Changer

Head Gardener
Should be both, maybe a small message on overview with: You have an applied at so and so alliance. Your application will run out in so and so ticks.

/me slaps Chewie for being a fool

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You can, but if you forget, you could get screwed.

Souls

Official Helper
If one of your applications is accepted all other applications are terminated.

Tombi

Harvester
If one of your applications is accepted all other applications are terminated.
What Twigley means is at the moment alliance applications are indefinate so an alliance can easily kick rape you and you get no A-R :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Atm you can only apply to one alliance at once.

If I apply to ally B, and then after apply to ally C, my application to ally B is automatically cancelled. The way applications are stored at player level, not ally level, make it physically impossible to be applying to more than 1 alliance at once (there's only 1 field per player, storing which ally you are currently applying to, or 0 for none). Once you are accepted in to an ally, your application to that same ally is, obviously, cleared.

You can remove an application request for whichever ally you had requested to join by going to that alliance page and choosing to cancel the request to join.

Next round I will add an automatic time out, likely 72 hours, to help people who requested to join an alliance they never wanted to join and forgot to clear it.

Ofc people themselves should be careful - requesting to join an alliance when you had no intention of joining it, and leaving that request up indefinitely, is basically you saying "I want to join your alliance and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for you to accept me". But I will be adding a timer next round to protect people from the malicious abusers that play this game and delight in ruining the game for others instead of actually playing the game as intended.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Ship jumping is way too easy. This has ended up to that middle/low alliances are but jumping boards for players and thats why even TBA lost members they easily replaced them.

Earlier there were some downsides in leaving your alliance and it made applying to one and actually joining one more "risky". Now its foolproof and you simply jump from one to another knowing they have spot for you when they say they do... or if they dont well no harm done you just dont move.

I think this is worst round in therms of people jumping from ally to another ever and that is a lot to say. It pretty much destroys consistency of alliances, and as such makes game for middle/low level allys a lot harder.

Whole idea was to make joining of alliances easy for new players not to make middle/low allys only jumpingboards to higher ranked ones.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard some far fetched links between features and random hypothesis before, but this... :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Unfortunatedly is a fact.

When earlier people joined alliance they joined to it to play in it. Now people when ever they get in alliance sends applications to higher ranked ones. They have nothing to lose. Earlier applying and joining from flight was impossible so it was a lot harder to find people to join, so yes joining is easier, but it also has come with downside of middle allys drawing members from bottom which are putting members to top.

This round I saw such cycle of people rolling around in alliances that I have not seen anything even close to it before. Remember earlier to join alliance you needed to go solo without AR first. Now you dont. You just dissapear from one alliance and appear to other, let it be how undefendable or anything.

This system really needs tweaking or you wont see much long therm alliances in the future, people will just give up as all good people they gather together and manage to keep safe are at some point recruited by some higher alliance. It doesnt matter how much you have fon fun or anything else in your ally, but if people are given opportunity to join top they usually seek for it. With enought of decent alliances like this round the amount of people leaving game mid round for reason or another is not that small and it has huge affect on lower end when they lose their good players thanks to stupid system.

Thats why I say keep the idea, but make it so if your in alliance you cant apply to another. Why should you? You can contact them by mail and other normal means. To make application you must go solo. Simple and effective. Keeps the good sides of the system and helps forming alliances, but cuts the down sides of it = people always sending applications to higher ranked ones. I understand the system and its basic idea, but current system is there only to help ship jumping, not to help recruiting, which it fills at the point player has joined alliance.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I agree with BW on this one.

I can understand Azzer's desire to make it easier for new players to apply for an ally, but you are just leaving a lot of space for abuses. Even the time period of 1.5 hours not able to recieve defence, you are still in the alliance, while in the past you had to leave, wait and then join again.

Not even going to start about the abuses alliances can use by accepting and then kicking the random applicants and then raping them. Not like it was not possible in the past, but now it's easier than ever.