• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance vs Alliance Damage Stats

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Something that has been recorded since the start of the round "In the background", is a new "Alliance Vs Alliance Damage Stats" - basically for every alliance in the game, it records how much land they have stole, how much kill damage they've done, and how much bribe damage they've done, versus each other alliance.

So I could, for example, see how much damage Enmity has done to Second To None (in terms of land loss, kills, and bribes), and how much damage has been done in return.

Now, the question is, where does this data want to me made available to you, the players? There's options;

1: We have a "Rounded" figure (like how the alliance scores/total land etc. is "rounded" on the alliances page), so if a random person (eg a solo player) clicks "Alliances", and then clicks "Enmity", they can see all of the alliances Enmity has fought/has been fighting Enmity, and see some very very rough & heavily rounded figures for combat damage between Enmity and all the other allies that have fought Enmity at all.
2: We make it visible only to the alliance in question - eg only members of Enmity can see how much damage Enmity has both given and received to all the other alliances in the game (and in this case, should it be visible by default to all members, or should it be hidden to all but the leader with the option for the leader to grant permissions to see it, or is there a permissions already in the game that should also give access to this page).
3: Something else?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Let rounded figures be available to both the public and the alliance in question (unless the alliances are at war).

If they are exact for alliances, then an alliance could send a mob at a player and determine by difference which alliance they just hit, thus easily determining who is in what alliance. Thus rounded numbers would be better (as this would help prevent that).

[edit]I didnt say anything on permissions. Im not allied and dont really know what permissions there are. But i dont see a reason for needing to restrict its availability.

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Why all this hiding ?
Imo we should see exact figures with maybe a small delay or just updated once a day and the stats to be availeble like alliance statistics starting ~ 1-2 weeks into the round ? And i don't know why anybody shouldn't see all the damage done between any alliances or alliance-id , id-id .. it's fun to look for that stuff :p
And maybe a subsection on search page ?

P.S. You can implement the search public id's while you're there :p

lavadog

Head Gardener
It would be cool to see for anyone which alliance has been in combat with another alliance, and to follow wars/resistances at the top.
It could also give you a non-biased way of discovering a powerblock. To give an example, the TBA alliances last round would've done close to no damage to each other and you would actually have a leg to stand on in combating powerblocks. I'm not trying to start another anti-TBA thread btw, this was just an example ;)

I'd say it'd be a cool implementation and I can't think of any major downsides. It might even be an incentive for wars once that system is reworked.

Mateeen

Weeder
let them see exact figures
just make it a 12 tick delay (time it takes for insurance i beleive?) for stats to update or however long of a wait for stats to update

btw, i must say upon first sight this is VERY cool :p gj azzer

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I actually vote for the 2nd option, make the info available only the the alliance in question. if they want to set it to public then they may as bragging rights.

IMHO making the info public will only set apart the allies that are already being targeted and make them look juicier to those looking for easy land.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Make it public and rounded, but with a delay like DS said. Maybe 24-48 hour delay on them updating and for it to come into place straight away.

Click the alliance name on ally page and it shows Request to join ally, and under that "Combat stats for xxxx".

You then click on this and it shows overall stats (some brief thing saying land gained in past x days, score gained / lost etc.

Then under that each of that alliance to the other alliances. possibly in some table or just like:

Click Discworld.
.................................Land stolen.......Land lost.....Score done
Discworld -> Leftovers - 13337................69
Discworld -> Virus - 666.................8000

etc.

Only negative thing i see is all the sheep who follow peoples BS may look and see ally x hasnt hit ally x since after this time - which would actually not to be bad as i think when typing this sentance as it encourages propaganda and more forums threads which is good.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Option 3!

Everyone can see everything (not rounded) but not until 10%-15% of the way into the round (like ally stats) so it can't be abused before spies are out.

Also, can you record whether the damage was done in defence or attack?

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Option 3!

Everyone can see everything (not rounded) but not until 10%-15% of the way into the round (like ally stats) so it can't be abused before spies are out.

this isn't a bad option either imho

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Option 3!

Agreed. I think this is the best idea.

If not, i liked what twigs suggested as well.
Will be interesting at round ends most of all!!!
:D

Tapeyy

Pruner
Option 3!

This

No-Dachi

Official Helper
If you only open it up after 15% of the round has passed it's already too late to use for intel about who's working with or NAPing who.

I love the concept though.