• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance page.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I'd like to see an extra column on the Alliances page similar to those you see on movie/music charts and such.

It would be a column that shows how many places an alliance has moved this tick... So for E.G.

0 - Alliance has moved no places

+1 - Alliance gained a rank.

-1 - Alliance lost a rank, etc.

Think it would be interesting to see how the alliances are moving around.

Maybe even don't do it on a tickly basis, maybe hourly or daily...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Alliance page.

yeah was going to say i dont think tick based is best...maybe daily would be cool...anything less and it wouldnt be representative i dont think

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

A day might be too much, a lot can happen in a day tbh :p...

/me votes 12 hours

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Day is way too little.
We are talking about alliances now, if alliance rank changes, ofc i would change their up/down thing immediately.
Now if alliance remains its position I think changing their status to not moving multiple times a day would take all this idea has to give away.
With timerange of like 2 days it would make pretty clear if some alliance is up/down going.
Same kind of stuff could be added to player ranks too...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

i say daily, alliances usually stay in same rank for a couple of days, and you would have to fluke it to see a change even with hourly based stats

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah my vote still goes with daily....2 days is too long IMO

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Not a bad idea. Making it reset each day with the voting timer seems like the way to go.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

It cant work like that.
It must be fluctuating time of reset. After each alliance has been on set place for 24h their status changes, or at the time they change place.
If this thing resets at set amount of time it just doesnt make any sense.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

ofc it makes sense being at lets say midnight for all alliances, look at the football league, once all games are played it show +1 \ 0 \ -1

otherwise what if an alliance constantly change position, your saying its never gonna have a +1 \ 0 or -1....

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah the way BW said wouldnt work...far better to make it 24 hours and then it can just be 0 or +/- a number for each ally

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

pinpower said:
yeah my vote still goes with daily....2 days is too long IMO

Two days means an ally could die and rebuild without showing any rank difference. Unless it was a huge huge death, which makes the stats kind of boring because everyone can see a plummeting rank like a huge huge death.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

is alliance rankings part of the dump data?

if so, problem solved, just not going to have it in game.

if not, can alliance rankings be part of the dump data?

*didn't read any responses, just skimmed the whole thing*

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I really really dont get you people. You are suggesting that alliances stat is for example + if it gets higher in ranks during that 24h perioid... then what if that alliance gets that rank 10 minutes before your stats gets zeroed?
Whats the point?

There cant be one set time when those stats gets zeroed. It simply means that you dont get smeg info from such, because alliances +/0/- will last from 23h 59 mins and 59 seconds to 0h 0min 1 second. So whatta hell I dont get in your system? That you people dont get what I am saying or I am not getting whatta smeg you people are trying to say?

Or do you mean that alliance can have + for 23 hours even they just got completely zeroed and lost 10 ranks? rofl! Informative!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You could do this;

Each day you record what the alliance rank is.
Then the chart data is shown live as a comparison to what their rank was recorded at the daily reset. Hell you could even do this way weekly.
So if the charts say "+3", then they are up 3 ranks from the daily/weekly reset. If next tick they drop 2 ranks, then it'll change to "+1", and if the tick after they drop two more ranks, it'd say "-1".