• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance Balancing

Walking_Death

Harvester
I've been thinking for a while, and I've decided that a good way to prevent the situation that has arose the last couple of rounds is to reinstate a revamped version of the CRA.

STOP! Before you hit reply to start telling me that the idea is retarded and unfair and that I should get shot from the legs up for suggesting such an idiotic thing, hear me out. First and foremost, the attacks would only take place on DISHONORABLE alliances who have reached a score relative to the 4 alliances below it. Combined. And with them having a hard, non-flexible minimum.

Second, the troops would be scaled back as opposed to before. The attacks would be composed of player available units, not the mechanical monstrosities or the ash beasts or other such nonsense. The attacks would not be scaled up until the alliance is designed to lose horribly.

Or, instead of fighting and losing troops, the alliance could take a hit. The one exception to what I said about player-usable units would be here. I think that the hit shouldn't make them lose land, but rather, use the idea suggested by Tapeyy seen here. Not the land cap, but the land burner. A government land burner that can scorch your land until it cannot be used for 1 full 24 hour day. The amount they can burn will be decided by Azzer, of course, but I'm thinking a grand total of 30% of land should be able to be burned.

This provides several advantages. First and most obvious, it brings down a top alliance enough that others might just have a chance. Second, it encourages honorable attacking rather than picking on only the smallest and weakest targets. Lastly, it would give those dishonorable alliances some actual action, as many of them complain about boredom, as well as giving them a chance to earn back their honor.

Now, if you've read the whole thing, then thank you, and you now have the right to criticize the idea. Those of you who haven't read the whole thing but still want to criticize, bugger off.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Your idea is retarded and unfair and you should get shot from the legs up for suggesting such an idiotic thing.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Cool suggestion, I'll just go ahead and file it with all the other suggestions that will never happen.

(Due to Azzer being incapacitated/not actually paying attention to his dying game - although he'd probably never go for this anyway.)

On a serious note, as someone else has said before, can we lock the suggestions sub-forum till Azzer is actually around and paying attention? Or can people hold on to their ideas until Azzer is finished with his RPG? This sh!t will just get forgotton about like all the others and it will somehow start another flame war as most threads on this forum do. Jus' saying.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Cool suggestion, I'll just go ahead and file it with all the other suggestions that will never happen.

(Due to Azzer being incapacitated/not actually paying attention to his dying game - although he'd probably never go for this anyway.)

On a serious note, as someone else has said before, can we lock the suggestions sub-forum till Azzer is actually around and paying attention? Or can people hold on to their ideas until Azzer is finished with his RPG? This sh!t will just get forgotton about like all the others and it will somehow start another flame war as most threads on this forum do. Jus' saying.

Agreed with everything you said 110%

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

nope: link

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
the only problem with this idea that I see right off is, even if an alliance is honorable when they take the lead, they quickly lose honorable targets and either have to stop attacking (leading to boredom anyway) or attack dishonorably.. So its like a punishment for winning.. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a revamped CRA return.. would be interesting.. ^_^ would also make it easier to kick/rape people who decide to turn their phone off after they win.. :/

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
if by your description it is for dishnourable allies, enevitably the top if they need so much more score than those below for it to kick in. then surely the incoming mob would have to be honourable. 1.4* the players score in troops (70% attack range) otherwise its kind of hypocritical to punish people for being dishnourable then dishonourably attack them.

there maaybe need for more consideration however. if its 1 vs 20 its not gonna work. if its a big mob its dishonourable itself and hypocritical. if you send to multiple members....fine...but unlike a real incoming the AI incoming doesnt recall. ergo you cannot fake it. unlike real incoming. so it could be hard to balance how much to send before its too overpowered and ruining the fun for the top. and enough to keep them logging in and active/concerned. if it never lands/burns then it doesnt really have an impact but a few troop losses. it wud be nice though to have something that ensures an allaince has too keep working just a little for rank 1, not just work for <1 week.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
it wud be nice though to have something that ensures an allaince has too keep working just a little for rank 1, not just work for <1 week.

More enigmatic and mentally-capable competition?
Oh wait, human intervention, in Bushtarion? I'd sooner not hold my breath.

Walking_Death

Harvester
I'd personally rather that the bounty hunting -ETA bonuses never would have been nerfed. If they absolutely HAVE to grow that much, then incessant bounty hunters is what they deserve

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I got from 3m RPG up to 30m in one day, just rushing the top. Nerf was soooooooo needed

Davs

Garden Designer
LS and willy pretty much cover the only problems with the suggestion that I can see. Similarly to willy, I think that it'd be a nice idea if those problems could be avoided somehow (I personally can't see a feasible solution, though).

Off topic, but in response to marvin's idea of getting rid of this sub-forum (I know, atsan, it's impossible anyway, but meh) I don't see why people can't voice their opinions of how to improve the game now just because the only person who can do anything about it has gone awol. Saying "can people hold on to their ideas until Azzer is finished with his RPG? This sh!t will just get forgotton" is a reasonable point, but surely it's better to post your suggestion before you forget it yourself. We have no idea when Azzer is going to be back, so imo (just my opinion, I'm not trying to flame) surely it's better to keep a record of ideas for possible improvements for when he gets back so he can read through all of it in his own time - having posted a few suggestions myself, I know that the original posters won't forget something they've posted and I have every intention to bump up all of the ideas I've made with positive responses as soon as I here word of the Great One's return. Also, just as a side note, I like this section anyway because in a fair few cases it leads to interesting discussion, and not always a flamewar, which considering how empty the rest of the forum is, should be a good enough reason to keep this section open.
/end rant

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I got from 3m RPG up to 30m in one day, just rushing the top. Nerf was soooooooo needed

Completely agreed. It encouraged suicidal attacks which personally I don't think should be profitable. Why on earth should you get rewarded for losing all your troops? And it is far too favourable to quick-firing routes like SAs and RPGs.

Walking_Death

Harvester

Completely agreed. It encouraged suicidal attacks which personally I don't think should be profitable. Why on earth should you get rewarded for losing all your troops? And it is far too favourable to quick-firing routes like SAs and RPGs.

if your bounty was so high that suicide is worthwhile, you deserve suicide attacks. Besides, sending out was always an option, as was quick help. In my opinion.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

if your bounty was so high that suicide is worthwhile, you deserve suicide attacks. Besides, sending out was always an option, as was quick help. In my opinion.

Yes, you're right. Sending out was always an option, let's encourage contactability - it's obviously helping the development of the game. And yes, quick help is an option as well, adrenaline rushed RPGs and SAs at the end of the tick only appear at eta 1, there is a variety of helpful units you can send to defend, like jeeps, humvees, hippy vans - them firing late and doing no damage are essential to this tactic. I also agree with your other point - suicides, by defenition, need to make you grow several times above your previous score.

I am sorry I ever disagreed with you.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I'm not saying that the people with bounties don't deserve to get killed, I'm saying that the attackers shouldn't be able to make a profit when suiciding all your troops. It encourages stupidity, and the benefit can only be felt by a couple of routes. RPGs in particular.

Walking_Death

Harvester

Yes, you're right. Sending out was always an option, let's encourage contactability - it's obviously helping the development of the game. And yes, quick help is an option as well, adrenaline rushed RPGs and SAs at the end of the tick only appear at eta 1, there is a variety of helpful units you can send to defend, like jeeps, humvees, hippy vans - them firing late and doing no damage are essential to this tactic. I also agree with your other point - suicides, by defenition, need to make you grow several times above your previous score.

I am sorry I ever disagreed with you.

Contactability is killing bush? You're right. If an insane amount of troops are coming to sodomize a player, they should just let themselves get killed.
Against SAs, jeeps and humvees are insanely useful, as they provide armor, and SAs do HEALTH damage. Likewise with Attack dogs or VDs against RPGs.

Or, you know, send the **** out.