All these activity/contactability threads

saint1d

Head Gardener
It's quite simple with anything in life! The more time you spend on it, the better you'll do!

Totally agree, however what if you want to just play the game for a bit of fun? Being allied and getting zeroed continuosly isnt fun, so the answer is to be solo. If the majority of players went solo then the game would get boring pretty quickly.

So yes, you need to put in the time to do well in the game, but something needs to be done to encourage people to play in an ally when they dont want to be active. Some kind of AR system would be good, but how that could be worked out I dont know.

Anyway this is off topic, I forgot this was a gripe about griping, or something hypocritcal like that :p

saint1d

Head Gardener
(And all suggestions relating to attack range, changes to bounty/insurance, or other ways to improve game play for those less active, have absolutely nothing to do with activity/contactability)

I really can't believe that you really believe that.

And the point isn't to give the less active players the chance to win, it's to make there stay more enjoyable, and to make sure they have troops to wake up to.

+1 although insurance is great :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
It's a tick based game.
Regardless of any changes that can be made, those who are online for more ticks will always do better.

I don't think the idea behind having the game less time demanding is to make players who can't play as much have equal chances to fight the very active ones. A player who gets killed often shouldn't have same score as an active player, but atm the game from what i've noticed it's like a drug that you hate to take .. just the body asks for it :p After you put days of effort into your account you hate to login to no acres and 35% insurance or your alliance trashed. To prevent that you need to be highly active and contactable.

As i said a couple times before i see plenty players who loose their interest after first couple weeks and just send a defense mob where they're asked and stay conctactable and active(just refreshing) because they hate loosing. Very few login highly enthusiastic and think wow i'm gonna have a blast next couple hours in bush but a large chunk logins having in mind them or their alliance might get killed if they don't. That time requirement it's very stressful and makes players burn out and loose interest for the game imo.

It would be better if the game would allow an alliance to throw the first punch without catastrophic repercurssions for the targeted alliance if they don't sleep with their phone under pillow, but give them a decent chance to fight back and even encourage retaliations instead playing to prevent taking damage.

xvi

Harvester
It's a tick based game.
Regardless of any changes that can be made, those who are online for more ticks will always do better.

I don't think the idea behind having the game less time demanding is to make players who can't play as much have equal chances to fight the very active ones. A player who gets killed often shouldn't have same score as an active player, but atm the game from what i've noticed it's like a drug that you hate to take .. just the body asks for it :p After you put days of effort into your account you hate to login to no acres and 35% insurance or your alliance trashed. To prevent that you need to be highly active and contactable.

As i said a couple times before i see plenty players who loose their interest after first couple weeks and just send a defense mob where they're asked and stay conctactable and active(just refreshing) because they hate loosing. Very few login highly enthusiastic and think wow i'm gonna have a blast next couple hours in bush but a large chunk logins having in mind them or their alliance might get killed if they don't. That time requirement it's very stressful and makes players burn out and loose interest for the game imo.

It would be better if the game would allow an alliance to throw the first punch without catastrophic repercurssions for the targeted alliance if they don't sleep with their phone under pillow, but give them a decent chance to fight back and even encourage retaliations instead playing to prevent taking damage.

Amen

Steve_God

Official Helper
Waking up being zeroed doesn't exist now to the extent it used to with injuries and insurance, but I see your points.

My gripe however isn't about believing that something should/shouldn't be done about the enjoyment level of those that are inactive, but more about the fact that changing the tick length WON'T fix it!

Things like altering the attack range may make it less easy to be zeroed, but the route set-ups are rock-paper-scissors, so even someone at the same size can zero a player with ease given the right route setup.

The issues your all raising need addressing as a fundamental change to the game, either by the introduction of a 'fairness calc', change the bias of the game to encourage more attacking, or something similar, - but NOT changing the tick length :p

xvi

Harvester
My gripe however isn't about believing that something should/shouldn't be done about the enjoyment level of those that are inactive, but more about the fact that changing the tick length WON'T fix it!

I thought the whole point of this thread was to gripe about people creating too many Contactability/Activity threads :/