AC3 - dissapointing

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
This thread over all may get some spoilers

Just wanted to say i felt the babying up of combat/game play was unneccessary. But did liked the secondary weapon kill combos. but the ending to both desmonds and connors story were so lame. And i use to play these games complete all theside missions for new weapons. But the whole system they have for getting new gear is soo flawed imo.

******Spoiler below *****

But any one that was interested in desmonds story as a whole gets screwed by this ending. So much potential i thought but just lame ending. Like hes learnt all the skills of those three assassins. And he could at least have had some bad ass fight and put it to use. But he just whops out the apple, gets what he needs. And free's the alien/god to enslave save the world....how she saves the world no explanation. And sacrafices self...

I thought they could probably have managed another two desmond stories around other characters. One set even more in future say ww1 europe or maybe ww2. But they would need to get clever with the guns and interactions to make it doable. And then the final installment. Desmond has to take down the templars, and save the world. Fine even the twist ending would have worked had it not been so contrived.

****spoiler over******

The problem is they had too many etzio spin offs. Not enough story progression. I just can't be assed with ac anymore....even this new one with the pirates is going to be stupid. They should have killed off ac and made this but named it like the pirate chronicles.no animus, no future setting. Just playing as a pirate with all the abilities fight mechanics of assassins creed games. Would have been fine. Just approaching it all wrong imo

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Spoiler for people who dont read good*** seriously stop reading****** what follows contains spoilers.***** yet insomn still reads on regardless,

They allready revealed it was the last ac with desmond that was announced pre launch i accepted he probably died. But they made it such a faggot ending. I played an hour at most to finish the finale of connor and desmond stories. Was so gash. Plot twist fine. Exicution lame.

*spoiler end******

nvm just a pitty they felt the need to knock out a title a year instead of giving what was a great series its deserved clever finish. Its like they just want to milk it now for all its worth so tied it all off and said that'll do.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Assassins creed has always been a tremendous disappointment to me. I felt like there was so much potential but such little delivery.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Assassins creed has always been a tremendous disappointment to me. I felt like there was so much potential but such little delivery.

I enjoyed the initial offering - It was historically rich and vaguely accurate (placing itself in many genuine gaps of knowledge on the Crusade era), and you got to personify yourself as this awesome guy leaping around buildings and stabbing people with shiny things. Simplicity is where the gamer's heart is.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I never played the initial game, but quite enjoyed 2 and Brotherhood. I figured I was getting a similar experience with 3, but dammit, the story line is boring as hell. I think I've only managed to play 10 missions since I can't get into it.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
The moment you could start sending lackeys to do absolutely everything for you was where the magic ended. Wtf is the point in that?

I got the first AC for free from MS when they repaired my second ring ring issue (and 6 months of free XBL). I thought it was great fun, if a little repetitive by the final area.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Doing the "fight and defeat 50 enemies at once" achievement was hilarious - Rounding them up via horseback and watching the conga line of angry medieval soldiers had me in stitches.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I stopped playing the Civ games the moment I read about the longest running recorded game of it, and the fact that it could never be won irrespective of what happens.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The moment you could start sending lackeys to do absolutely everything for you was where the magic ended. Wtf is the point in that?

I got the first AC for free from MS when they repaired my second ring ring issue (and 6 months of free XBL). I thought it was great fun, if a little repetitive by the final area.

True story. I have no interest in calling in the computer to do my fights for me.

First game was great, second game was even better, Brotherhood was meh, and I haven't even finished Revelations yet.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Er what are you doing, Alci? Shouldn't you be playing Civ V?

Haven't been playing the latest AC. still locked on CIV. Don't you worry ;)

Quick whizz back to that mention of the longest Civ game ever - Somebody actually took the save file and managed to finish it. The OP updated the post about two weeks ago. The story that now accompanies this game of Civ is genuinely good enough to write a book on.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I'm disappointed by the thread name.

Lol. Meh i have set a spelling standard for myself, the bar is low. Dont expect anything more and you wont be disappointed. My ipad no longer underlines mistakes, and i no longer care if i make them. Its a plutonic relationship.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'm disappointed by the thread name.

Lol. Meh i have set a spelling standard for myself, the bar is low. Dont expect anything more and you wont be disappointed. My ipad no longer underlines mistakes, and i no longer care if i make them. Its a plutonic relationship.

97258-004-6EA17214.jpg

<3

Reactions: Dax