50 not out

Franny

Head Gardener
If you wanted to win at Cod you joined Twigs and Me playing S&D. You've never seen two people carry four other players as often as what we did. Apart from when Toby popped by maybe and it became three to carry.

I believe (hope) me and Twigs plan a mini renaissance (PS4) come October time(ish) for some Battlefront, RB6 Siege, FIFA (corruption trial pending) sort of stuff.

Oldham_Athletic_new_badge.png

Last edited:

Koeniej

Harvester
Guess im still a toddler with my 33 rounds :D Up for one moar after missing 10 in a row now

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
If you wanted to win at Cod you joined Twigs and Me playing S&D. You've never seen two people carry four other players as often as what we did. Apart from when Toby popped by maybe and it became three to carry.

I believe (hope) me and Twigs plan a mini renaissance (PS4) come October time(ish) for some Battlefront, RB6 Siege, FIFA (corruption trial pending) sort of stuff.

Oldham_Athletic_new_badge.png

I shall join you. Look forward to it.

Tim

Harvester
Not sure if anyone around played when I was around and causing trouble. For those of you who weren't, I am the legendary Timster.

I started playing round six, fell out of love with the game probably 10 rounds later. Had a good time playing it but I never was that good.

Met quite a few of the folks like Charlie B and Twigley way back (and a whole bunch of other people too). Ended up going on a road trip in the US with LordErtz and Leebot (two of the game's greats).

(Charlie remember that dodgy pub near Angela's house with the pool table and that guy starting an argument over the rules?)

These days I work as an analyst in telecoms. Looking at huge data sets and understanding what goes wrong for customers, then working with the teams to make it right. I never was one for college/uni courses, though I did get a Microsoft qualification along the way.

Have become a bit of a fitness/gym freak. Spend most evenings in the gym doing body pump or spin or just an hour or so on the cross trainer.

Getting married at the end of this year to a fantastic woman and saving to buy a cat like the O2 cat.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Hello everyone,

I've just realised that we're playing through the dying embers of my 50th round. I hope someone's written a song to commemorate the event.

It strikes me that any of the 'old guard' still playing will have changed a lot from who they were when they first signed up to bush. Most of us were youthful students and now presumably have jobs, real lives - perhaps even families?

I've enjoyed the nostalgia of the 'Bush Greats' thread and the two things have got me wondering about all my old friends - where they are and what they're doing now.

So, this thread is your chance to indulge in a bit of shameless self-biography on the off-chance that someone recognises your name and is vaguely interested in what you've been doing since you hilariously wasted all your money on hippies instead of harvesters that time five years ago.

I suppose it's only fair that I should start:

I started playing bush during Year 12 I.T. lessons at college (thanks Zaheen!). I studied bushtarion at university with a minor in Law - in retrospect it should probably have been the other way around. Since then I've been an IT tech, English teacher and for the past few years I've been working for universities helping international students to get visas. I've spent most of my time in Sheffield with interludes in Belgium and Vietnam, but I'm currently living in London.

So, what about you?

Edit: Oh, it's actually my 51st. What a pleasant anti-climax.

You still owe me a beer charlie

Dez

Weeder
Started playing Bush when i seen Cal playing it in school in year 9 or 10. signed up and thought i was amazing when i planted every tick and ended up with 1billion

Untill Cal explained that i was a total noob and he had over 5 trillion :\

So i learned and got better and ended up doing rather well for myself in bush, and did nothing what so ever in school.

Went to college, and took I.T which ended up being a meeting ground for another guy that played bush, so of course college turned into a bushtarion learning curve in which i had my best ever round!

I finished college and got offered a job in security so jumped into it, spent over 5 years in security. now so sick of the sight of things i need to secure im between jobs.

Got Married and Divorced. no kids and checking in on bush occasionally but always forget the forums!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
If you're the Dez I think you are, I have a picture on my computer somewhere of you with a nasty cut over your eye.

Dez

Weeder
Yes, i am indeed the Dez you think i am, and i remember that night! it was my mates 21st birthday night out lol fairly interesting you still have that! even i dont! lol

Charlie_B

Harvester
Ah, it's good to hear from some old names! Tim - yes, of course I remember that pub. One of the highlights of Burnley. Ahem. There was a bushmeet in Bolton too wasn't there? Christ, we really did tour some of the beauty spots of Lancashire.
Astan - yes, yes I do. I still have a few hour blackspot from that day where I remember nothing and came to in the middle of a Bjork gig. If you're ever in London...

...actually if you're ever in London wait a few years until I move back to Sheffield. I'd have to mortgage my house to by you a drink down here.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
There was one in Bolton. And Reading too.

Oh, and Hi all. I'm still alive.

Not much has really changed for me, except I'm in my 30s now. I qualified to be a Nursery Nurse and did that for a few years, But most recently I've been an IT Manager for a large garden centre and still have no idea what I actually want to do with my life.

-Bobbin.

Angela

Harvester
I ended up in security watching CCTV then during the day learning admin work (both at the same firm) doing this for just over 2 and 1/2 years and love my job I am told I work to much though

Steve_God

Official Helper
So, this thread is your chance to indulge in a bit of shameless self-biography on the off-chance that someone recognises your name and is vaguely interested in what you've been doing since you hilariously wasted all your money on hippies instead of harvesters that time five years ago.

Sooooo... to say I've been busy since I stopped playing Bush would be an understatement...
Wife... 1 year old kid... Stumbled my way into being a Director of a small but successful software house... and now living between two pads at Cheshire and Hampshire, depending on the day of the week :p