5 Min Ticks

rooney

Head Gardener
Re: 5 Min Ticks

BW - why do u think exitlude had such an easy time? (and im not taking anything away from them, i know there skilled players) but they chose units that can attack and defend ETA 3. thats 15 minutes. my PC takes 20 to start up ffs. 15 minutes to get someone online is very little time at all. even 25 minutes in an ETA 5 attack is pushing it. defence is next to impossible to organise with more than a few incomings. ofc 5min ticks makes killing someone easier.

TehPantz

Head Gardener

as for you BW, do you have to hijack every thread that is made?

BW is really a bot who's sole purpose is to hijack threads, CLEVER RUSE AZZER

wazoo

Planter

th_triumph.jpg

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

rooney said:
BW - why do u think exitlude had such an easy time? (and im not taking anything away from them, i know there skilled players) but they chose units that can attack and defend ETA 3. thats 15 minutes. my PC takes 20 to start up ffs. 15 minutes to get someone online is very little time at all. even 25 minutes in an ETA 5 attack is pushing it. defence is next to impossible to organise with more than a few incomings. ofc 5min ticks makes killing someone easier.

What are you talking about?
We only defended with the people we had online.

Get yourself an alliance that has 7/8 people who know how to activate a HL.
We saw incs at eta 4 and could of sent CW or Ranger to def easy if we had them ...

Most units ingame are eta 3 when boosted so i dont really get your point.
+ We MIDDLE TICKED alot of incs.
Look middle ticked up!

:)
x

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

bit late on this one but i think 10min ticks is just right. Though i do find it intreeging the run up to christmas every ones busy working or with c/w deadlines for uni/college/school people seems to wish ticks were longer.

I bet in the summer when u have all the time u like ur'd be more inclined to have 5 minute ticks maybe just once a yr or something.
I dont like the idea of 20minute ticks(from a personal perspective) because it would take out any fast pace thinking to the game. any one can organise defence and get people online if they have an hour or so to sort it.
so imo this would lead to people picking on solos due to allainces defending better. contactable allainces will be even harder to take down, the rubbish allaincs will get twice as beaten. it would encourage more allied play at top ranks perhaps because every one will be going for solo's as alliies to hard to take. unless you all mass one target 40% of you or something. so not the direction i'd like to see the game go

another problem would be complaciency what do you do for that 1 hour and 20 whilst you wait for you incoming to reach you and you send out to return last tick. also the waiting for money. i liked this round because the money accumulated quicker. so you had more instant cash and could seemingly build up an army in next to no time. relatively to 10min ticks. you could fit in more attacks in a day. so you could get land losses back in a few hours

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

The problem with that willy is how bush is not english game but international game. You ever thought that how maybe aussies,US,argentinian people dont share same summer as you do or same holidays. So reducing tick length would be really unfair to pretty decent percent of people playing this game.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:
The problem with that willy is how bush is not english game but international game. You ever thought that how maybe aussies,US,argentinian people dont share same summer as you do or same holidays. So reducing tick length would be really unfair to pretty decent percent of people playing this game.

Yes i lost my argie team (Quitus, Awe and Chinoo) to this kind of thing :(

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Well to explain what I was after before is along these lines...
If 1 SA can kill 1 Gardener
And 10 can kill 10

Then why would less people die if ticks are changed... it doesnt affect 1 vs 1 battles at all and exactly same way will all players die let ticks be 1 second or 1 day... There is no difference, as game mechanics have not changed. If someone didnt get that then they must be either not reading or not thinking. :p

If you read what I wrote you should get it, unless you let your self motivation affect it. People just cant seem to think other things but what affects themselves and how they play. So I really was expecting all this "more defenders stuff" but it stil doesnt matter how one player will kill another :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

It matters a hell of a lot. I've already explained it to you, and it is not a difficult theory to grasp. If you still don't understand exactly why you are wrong then there is nothing more I can do to show you, nor am I particularly inclined to try.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf the point is that you have more time to get defence there. Not that it affects how units fire at all.

Let's say hypothetically speaking it takes me 1 hour to fly across the atlantic and bomb London. That means the London has 1 hour to scramble defence to stop me from bombing them.

If my plane suddenly loses an engine, and i lose 50% of my speed, then it will take 2 hours to cross the Atlantic and bomb London. That means they suddenly have twice as much time to get defence up against me.

Apply this to bushtarion:
5 ticks to attack at 10 minute ticks is 50 minutes to arrive: i.e. 50 minutes to get defence there before the first battle tick.

now let's use 5 ticks to attack at 20 minutes each which now means you have 100 minutes (1 hour, 40 minutes) before you arrive and get your first BR; which consequently means that they have more time to get defence there, more time to prank people; more time to stop you from landing and attacking successfully.

is this clearer?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
Well to explain what I was after before is along these lines...
If 1 SA can kill 1 Gardener
And 10 can kill 10

It is more like:

If 1 SA can kill 1 gardener per day... and so on.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

f0xx ftw...
People just cant get my jokes :p

Alcibiades said:
BlackWolf the point is that you have more time to get defence there. Not that it affects how units fire at all.
Let's say hypothetically speaking it takes me 1 hour to fly across the atlantic and bomb London. That means the London has 1 hour to scramble defence to stop me from bombing them.

If my plane suddenly loses an engine, and i lose 50% of my speed, then it will take 2 hours to cross the Atlantic and bomb London. That means they suddenly have twice as much time to get defence up against me....

Yeah but your bombs still kills as effectively. Got it clearer?

No-Dachi

Official Helper

The difference is that it gets easier to call people online, or get people online in time to send defence. As the ETAs of units wont change, it would be the same scenario unless you take into consideration the whole "getting people online" business. Once you do that it's clear that it will become easier to organize and send defence. It will let people sleep for longer amounts of time, and it will be easier for people to "just check in" at parties. On the other side you'll be able to do less rushes a day, and you might find it harder to kill people.

Personally I wouldn't be too affronted by a change to 15min ticks, but I think that if you advance further you'd have to implement a way of "trapping" a players forces, or else it'll be impossible to kill active players.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Game is staying at 10 minute ticks ;)