vamps dont give insuiracne on which units?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i defended an allie mate from an alliance as far as i know we are not at war with.

Pending Declarations:
There are no pending declarations of war against our alliance at this time.

and vamp killed me nicely.

but i got no insurance. and I AM NOT ROBOTIC/VEHICLE

i thought okay some conversions but also some insurance? it was pure sirens. classed as undead. is it also undead that get no insurance???

ps. why are sirens undead ? so u cant siren a siren or something? i think this is a bit too riddiculous. its okay for heavily armour apaches who takew minimal losses. although (not really okay) but when some one can kill you and u get NOOO insurance and they are your anti route it seems a bit... well... GASH!

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
i defended an allie mate from an alliance as far as i know we are not at war with.

Pending Declarations:
There are no pending declarations of war against our alliance at this time.

and vamp killed me nicely.

but i got no insurance. and I AM NOT ROBOTIC/VEHICLE

i thought okay some conversions but also some insurance? it was pure sirens. classed as undead. is it also undead that get no insurance???

ps. why are sirens undead ? so u cant siren a siren or something? i think this is a bit too riddiculous. its okay for heavily armour apaches who takew minimal losses. although (not really okay) but when some one can kill you and u get NOOO insurance and they are your anti route it seems a bit... well... GASH!

My bad - Sorry Willy ;)

[range] 22,943,843 allied Vampire attacked, killing 40,749,148 hostile staff.
[raised] 3,121,457 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.
[range] 5,513,414 hostile Siren sang out, freezing in place 4,571,539 allied staff.

You should of stayed away, you only gave me honour for doing next to nothing to me :p

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
As far as I was aware units that convert don't give any/give very little insurance. I may be mistaken though.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
As far as I was aware units that convert don't give any/give very little insurance. I may be mistaken though.

I have never really understood it. Conversions having no insurance I can understand, but not really everything they kill - If so that is still awesome.

Souls

Official Helper
Insurance = (Value Killed) - (Value Converted)

In theory.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Insurance = (Value Killed) - (Value Converted)

In theory.

In practice, everything that vamps kill, doesn't get insurance. It's a bug I've complained about twice on these forums already, and I know toby has as well. Nothing changed, so guess it's a feature, not a bug.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't believe it's meant to be a feature. I think Azzer said that it's too complicated for an easy fix and would require a bigger overhaul than it appears. Or something like that.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't believe it's meant to be a feature. I think Azzer said that it's too complicated for an easy fix and would require a bigger overhaul than it appears. Or something like that.

That is pretty much what he told me last time I had a go at him about this. So it isn't deliberate, but from now on you might as well consider it a feature.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
So, in conclusion, azzer can't be arsed to fix a big that is slightly unfair....

And wonders why the player base is dwindling.

Am I being unreasonable to ask him to fix this? I think not.

He says it entails a huge overhaul, do we not spend bush credits every round on atleast a P/Unit? That's alot of money over a round, in effect we pay him to make sure this game is run smoothly.

Rant over, point, probably not made very well.

But I feel better now :p

Ram

Head Gardener
It was aimed at the poor spelling of the thread title.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
So, in conclusion, azzer can't be arsed to fix a big that is slightly unfair....

He says it entails a huge overhaul, do we not spend bush credits every round on atleast a P/Unit? That's alot of money over a round, in effect we pay him to make sure this game is run smoothly.

You say it's unfair, but they are at a disadvantage statistic wise to SA. By this, I mean as killing units go, SA are more reliable than Vampires on the attack, and are the same price. The ETA 2 reveal works against them too, as one of the things that swing my attacking odds are Apaches, which of course can scramble to ETA 2 incomings with little effort, and can make my attack totally unprofitable.
The element of no insurance covers the lower stats, the higher ETA, the higher ETA reveal, and the severe lack of efficient anti-armour in the route.
The unit is now balanced, and has a purpose.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

You say it's unfair, but they are at a disadvantage statistic wise to SA. By this, I mean as killing units go, SA are more reliable than Vampires on the attack, and are the same price. The ETA 2 reveal works against them too, as one of the things that swing my attacking odds are Apaches, which of course can scramble to ETA 2 incomings with little effort, and can make my attack totally unprofitable.
The element of no insurance covers the lower stats, the higher ETA, the higher ETA reveal, and the severe lack of efficient anti-armour in the route.

There is a difference between stats and bugs. This is a bug. It is not a deliberate feature of the unit. It does not make up for any of the vampire's faults. The vampire is already a decent unit and the insurance bug is an accident. Trying to make it look like vampires are massively underpowered and that this is the only thing that makes them playable is just moronic. The only reason it hasn't been fixed is that Azzer doesn't know how to fix it.

Where is the "feature" which stops SAs from getting insurance on extremists?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If it is a bug, it needs to be made public as to what it actually does. Because it doesn't not give insurance for everything - Just some particular things.
You are telling me what I said is moronic? It looks pretty simple to understand to me - It was a summary of the unit as it is, while seeing the insurance bug's advantages on the unit.
A similar discussion occurred when I went Shield Androids last round, about CG. The unit wasn't nerfed - As it was a totally fair unit.
I like Vampires as they are, obviously solving the bug would make everyone shut up, but it's not likely to happen, so why not see it as a flawed feature of the unit?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

So, you play vampires, and still you compare them to SA... That's pretty much laughable tbh, vampires do a fair bit of AD and SA do pretty much none. I know from first hand experience attacking a vamp with robo, that vampires do indeed do quite a bit of AD.
So, your comparison is impressively flawed.
Also one could assume that with your experience, you'd would know that comparing single units instead of routes, is as useless as a woman who can't cook or clean o_0

And anyway, it IS a bug. Not just on vampires, but on ALL converting units (nanobot springs to mind as well). Insurance in general on converting units does not work.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

I may be talking nonsense here, but don't vampires suffer from that bribing stuff as well? Because if I remember correctly you don't get bounty when bribing, therefore the "bonus" - your enemies not getting insurance is completely negated by the fact that you also don't get bounty on them, which means.. these two bribing features/bugs balance each other out while leaving what you stated as the unit/route's flaws untouched

Alvestein

Garden Designer
not really. insurance > bounty. unless the target has a red title.