repeat attacking a target, h/f affect

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
how long does it take after attacking a target before you can attack them again with out suffering honour loss. i mean if i hit some one, then a few weeks later they are bigger and like 90% of me and i attack them again will i still get negative honour?

how long is the cool down??

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Asked on IRC about this a couple of days ago and a couple of people (including the Azzman) said it depends on how many times you hit them. Starting off at around 1 day for 1 attack, but increasing the cool down period if you hit them multiple times during this period.

So i'd assume anymore than a week without hitting them at all and you'll definitely be back in the clear.

(never got a definite time frame, im guessing only azzer knows for sure)

Steve_God

Official Helper
While these figures aren't gospal, from memory I remember it being something like:
1 attack = 1 day
2 attacks = 3 days
3 attacks = 5/6 days
etc...
But they could've been changed since then :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I have a slightly different question regarding repeat attacking

I attacked a mate of mine about 13 hours ago last night. He is attacking me now. Now if i attack him back, do i still suffer the same l/f losses?

Im kindof hoping that if we attack each other alternatively* then the fact it is a retal will negate the effect of repeat attacking

*This is NOT mutual attacking. We have no plans to do so, i just want to take this opportunity to get more land off him without losing L/F

btw, if anyone knows for sure about how long you have to wait before repeat attacking, that would be useful for a lot of people.

Thanks

Souls

Official Helper
~24 hours before the initial repeat attack counter wears off.

Mysterious

Harvester
Stop dribbling everywhere atsan, I thought I told you to go see a doctor about that.

I have a slightly different question regarding repeat attacking

I attacked a mate of mine about 13 hours ago last night. He is attacking me now. Now if i attack him back, do i still suffer the same l/f losses?

Im kindof hoping that if we attack each other alternatively* then the fact it is a retal will negate the effect of repeat attacking

*This is NOT mutual attacking. We have no plans to do so, i just want to take this opportunity to get more land off him without losing L/F

btw, if anyone knows for sure about how long you have to wait before repeat attacking, that would be useful for a lot of people.

Thanks

With regards to this, I don't think that it changes even though he is attacking you, although I'm not sure. I mean, thinking about it from a target that is out of your range, if you retal, surely you don't expect positive honour?

But I might be wrong. Don't quote me on it ;)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
but logically it seems like a retal should make a difference? but i agree with Freddster here that i don't think at this moment it has any effect on it.

also as a rule of thumb i just avoid attacking anyone again until 24 hours after the initial attack. i think if you don't trigger the first h/f punishment then it just keeps resetting to 24hours?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
All these ideas sound all fair and good - I like the idea of things being made more difficult for high ranking players. At least then they will actually have to prove they are good at this game as a whole, rather than robotically being active for three solid days to ruin the round competition for everyone.