Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Funny thing, you know those air drops you can call in? The falling crates can kill you! Guess who learnt that the hard way :(
Was pretty damn funny tho

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Played it on a mates ps3 today just on spec ops.
Quality - love it.

I also take part in a mates radio show thorugh the week, and in 2 weeks we are going to review this! :)

Im getting it for 360 on friday.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
I didn't go and buy it yesterday as Amazon said it was dispatched yester-afternoon. Although it has not arrived... I don't know how to check the estimated receive date but I may well have the same issue as Clem :(

Normally when it's dispatched I get it the next day from these sites.... I think they lie to stop us buying it elsewhere!

I brought my copy from play.com, and it arrived on the morning on the release day.

Although, had I ordered it a while ago, I could have had it two days before that :(

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I didn't go and buy it yesterday as Amazon said it was dispatched yester-afternoon. Although it has not arrived... I don't know how to check the estimated receive date but I may well have the same issue as Clem :(

Normally when it's dispatched I get it the next day from these sites.... I think they lie to stop us buying it elsewhere!

I brought my copy from play.com, and it arrived on the morning on the release day.

Although, had I ordered it a while ago, I could have had it two days before that :(

I ordered mine late, so it couldn't be classed as a pre-order or I'm sure it would have been the same as Play. I hope to get it tomorrow as it 'predicts' I should have received it today on Amazon's site!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I've continued further in the campaign. AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME.

Weapons are awesome. Enemy AI is awesome. Graphics are awesome. I'm in love

Multiplayer is sweet, despite me getting pwned left, right and centre.

Mattheus is right tho, too many options available, far too much **** going on, but i'm sure i'll get used to it as time goes by.

Ezekiel

Harvester
It's cod4 for, with more **** and more balanced.

Which is a good thing.

What's everyone's highest multiplayer level yet? My house mates have played on my xbox more than me lol but we've got to lvl 32 i think.

Treedude

Harvester
Played online for the first time last night, was loving it

And I surprisingly didn't get dominated which was a surprise to me but I'm loving the vibes of it anyway. Can see what people mean about there being loads of stuff going down with all the perks, I was enjoying it tho, definitely makes things more dangerous. So much customisable stuff as well, will hopefully just keep more people roped into the game.

And in reply to your post Ezekiel highest out of my friends on xbox live is Mattheus (my god man have you done anything else since it came out other than sleep and play online?) and I've got most of the bushtarion players on my friends list.
Altho Mattheus you're slipping a bit, there's folk who clearly haven't even bothered with sleeping......man I wish I was a student again for times like these :p

Oh and I'm level 4 or 5, can't remember, only played 3 games tho

EDIT: Oh my god by the way, how awesome is having unlimited sprint with the marathon perk? It was so annoying when you wanted your super army soldier to sprint and he's too tired, not anymore tho!

Last edited:

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Played online for the first time last night, was loving it

And I surprisingly didn't get dominated which was a surprise to me but I'm loving the vibes of it anyway. Can see what people mean about there being loads of stuff going down with all the perks, I was enjoying it tho, definitely makes things more dangerous. So much customisable stuff as well, will hopefully just keep more people roped into the game.

And in reply to your post Ezekiel highest out of my friends on xbox live is Mattheus (my god man have you done anything else since it came out other than sleep and play online?) and I've got most of the bushtarion players on my friends list.
Altho Mattheus you're slipping a bit, there's folk who clearly haven't even bothered with sleeping......man I wish I was a student again for times like these :p

Oh and I'm level 4 or 5, can't remember, only played 3 games tho

EDIT: Oh my god by the way, how awesome is having unlimited sprint with the marathon perk? It was so annoying when you wanted your super army soldier to sprint and he's too tired, not anymore tho!

Haha, yeah I have been playing a **** load. In my defence I have a week off work, and I've just had an operation so am in a bit of a state atm, not much else to do!

Treedude

Harvester
Every cloud I suppose Mattheus; had an operation but getting to take out any frustrations or anger out on random people from around the world using big guns and explosions

Definitely need to get some games going with loads of us on the same team this weekend, I am trying to aim for the first weekend in months where there isn't anyone staying at my flat so I will be hammering online for most of this weekend. Seems to be absolutely loads of us who want to play as well so should be awesome

EDIT: Won't be rocking the BUSH clan tag (although can you even use that as a tag in this one? I remember we tried in MW1 but it wouldn't let us) seen as the key is team STAM in homage to the great bald man himself

jaap-stam_1118954i.jpg

If anyone else feels like getting involed with team STAM btw feel free, all are welcome

Last edited:

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Martin - I ordered mine the day it was released from Amazon and got it yesterday, even though it was supposed to come in today :)

Of course my mom hid it from me last night :p even though I had no homework so I only got about an hour in. My favorite part is stealing enemy airdropped crates :)

CLem

Head Gardener
i got my amazon copy yesterday but by that stage i already got a copy from Sainsbury for mucho cheaper. just sent it back for a refund :). Is there any plan to have a big session during the weekend, us working people have problems playing in the evenings (i played with Benneh yesterday and we got raped)

Davis

Tree Surgeon
haha i love stealing my allies airdrop crates more than enemy ones :p i love listening to them flip out at me :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Just finished the campaign. GREAT story, unexpected plot twists, and definitely a lead on for a sequel! ROLL ON CALL OF DUTY!

Mattheus

Head Gardener
A friend of mine just got a tactical nuke :p

I hadn't even bothered unlocking it til earlier, and i'm level 51 or something. Just seemed like a gimmick, way to show off your epenis.
May give it a whirl tho, it's definitely doable, went 30-0 in a free for all the other day. Hell your kill streaks can do half the work for you. sentry gun on 5, harrier on 7, then once you get to 11 the real rape begins. Helicopter gunner is better then Ac130 imo. I often get like 10 kills with it. The only sizable advantage AC130 has over heli gunner is the fact that it's harder to shoot down, as it has counter-measures against missiles fired from the ground.

Oh, and as for the campaign, I did start it earlier...but will probs be a fair while before I bother finishing it. I guess I'm in the minority here but I don't find the single player campaigns from the cod games that amazing. Just fairly formulaic. The cinematics and visuals are good, but the actual gameplay is boring.