All i have to say is....

Minnzy

Weeder
I've noticed the little 3 way war mainly consists of running away :( no one seems to fight :(

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
No point in fighting impossible battles.

thats not what the Romans said about Hannibal, and eventually Rome won

Yes, but the ratio of Romans:Carthaginians wasn't exactly a computer code...

And also, if they won it obviously wasn't impossible.

well it was impossible, i do believe that Hannibal was undefeated throughout the second punic war and remained undefeated for a couple decades after that. Rome only won the war by sending wave after wave of soldiers to their deaths until Hannibal had killed more men then Death could handle, so Death told him to GTFO.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

well it was impossible, i do believe that Hannibal was undefeated throughout the second punic war and remained undefeated for a couple decades after that. Rome only won the war by sending wave after wave of soldiers to their deaths until Hannibal had killed more men then Death could handle, so Death told him to GTFO.

not entirely true actually. Hannibal may have won a series of battles, but he couldn't win the war.

The romans, led by Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus Cunctator after two disastrous roman defeats (last one being lake trasimene) employed delaying tactics, hence his nickname Cunctator (meaning The Delayer).

This led to Hannibal being unable to exploit his two victories in the field, and made the war 'far from impossible'. It would have been very very difficult to beat Hannibal in the field, but the longer he spent roaming Italy, unable to conquer the Romans overall, he simply made his defeat all the more imminent.

Hannibal was in many respects a genius, but he, as Maharbal himself said, "knew how to win a victory, but not how to exploit it" That war was far from impossible.

Either way we have been far far derailed on this topic.

Last edited:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

not entirely true actually. Hannibal may have won a series of battles, but he couldn't win the war.

The romans, led by Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus Cunctator after two disastrous roman defeats (last one being lake trasimene) employed delaying tactics, hence his nickname ****ator (meaning The Delayer).

This led to Hannibal being unable to exploit his two victories in the field, and made the war 'far from impossible'. It would have been very very difficult to beat Hannibal in the field, but the longer he spent roaming Italy, unable to conquer the Romans overall, he simply made his defeat all the more imminent.

Hannibal was in many respects a genius, but he, as Maharbal himself said, "knew how to win a victory, but not how to exploit it" That war was far from impossible.

Either way we have been far far derailed on this topic.

timmeh got served!!!

C

CK1337

all i have to say is ...

i just want bang bang bang

<3 zaheen

and

Grandes Cojones should be renamed GRANDES putos/maricones

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i do not understand how i got served, didnt Alci just strenghten my point, that there is a point in fighting impossible battles? the example being how the Romans lost the battles but they eventual won the war?

so thank you for complimenting my argument against cb1202

or did i get a serving of help to prove my point from the Alcibiades Brain Trust and Codswallop Organization?

FeR

Harvester
<FeR> lol Grandes Cojones rescinded again?
<FeR> this is so funny
<FeR> they go to bed, and rescind war
<FeR> they come back, and declare
<FeR> they should be called grandes "cagones/maricones/gays"
<FeR> or in english big pu***'s
<FeR> :p
<FeR> or just small balls

Is the leader of GC new? Its quite a different way to play.
Could be called intelligent, but not Big Balls lol. Ohhh i see, the alliance name was ironic.. I am really so stupid i didnt see that earlier.

We have done just as much if not more running. No point in fighting impossible battles.

Impossible battles, lol.

Last edited:

Cody

Planter
<FeR> lol Grandes Cojones rescinded again?
<FeR> this is so funny
<FeR> they go to bed, and rescind war
<FeR> they come back, and declare
<FeR> they should be called grandes "cagones/maricones/gays"
<FeR> or in english big pu***'s
<FeR> :p
<FeR> or just small balls

agreed.... BIG PU***'S!!!!.... some people need to grow some balls, instead of lying to everyone and saying they have big ones :p

cb1202

Head Gardener
Everybody is so harsh. We just want peace and love for all people. No more war.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Everybody is so harsh. We just want peace and love for all people. No more war.

Of course you do, then you wouldnt have to lose :p

But then again, you guys can just sit there and wait for everyone else to get more acres and overtake you...Or would you just feed off the solos? Still, i dont think that would be very effective....