Tutorial 'Bug' - Step 1

Steve_God

Official Helper
The tutorial states:
Minimise this window now, and prepare at least 5 acres. We recommend starting with all Bush acres, as the most balanced land type in Bushtarion.

Although it says it recommends starting with 5 bush, it only states to prepare 5 acres and doesn't specify which type of acres to progress to the next step.

I've just tested this having a mix of tree and bush acres cultivated (more than 5 lands in total, with less than 5 bush acres) and it didn't let me progress onto the next step until I'd bought up to 5 bush acres.

As a tutorial, it needs to be clarified that it's 'bush' acres that progress to the next step, or to work with a total of 5 of any acre types and not just bush :)

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Unless I'm misunderstanding it didn't work like that with me :s
It went on to the next step with me straight after cultivating my first 5 acres (I didn't make it 5 bush)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Hmmm... odd...

I've even got up to 15 acres (13 tree, 2 bush) and it wouldn't let me progress until I then bought another 3 bush to make it 5 :-/

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
I've had a few issues with the tutorial myself.
It wouldn't let me go onto the next step with 5 bush acres, but let me go onto the next step with 1 tree 4 bush, which I found odd.

And now it seems my tutorital seems to be stuck on "Maximise Tutorial Step: Hire '~75' Gardeners, and '~75' Harvesters."
Eventhough I did buy 25 more gards and harvs, maybe this also wants you to do exactly as it says and use ~75

:/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
So the solution would be to follow the instructions to the letter. ;) I did everything it said and it worked like a charm.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nightmare, Steve_God - both of you seem to have your "tutorial enabled" flag set to 0 (ie, disabled), in the database.

When this flag is set to 0, the tutorial does not attempt to proceed with any steps.

Can you head to your ID Settings page, and ensure the tutorial is enabled in the tutorial section, then try "triggering" the appropriate steps again. If it is already set to enabled, try disabling it, then re-enabling it.

The land one simply requires you to attempt to cultivate any amount of acres of any type. It then checks to see how many total cultivated acres you have (of any type) - and proceeds as necessary. So you could cultivate 3 grass and 2 flower land, 1 land at a time, and it would trigger as normal. It doesn't have to be all at once (5 in one go), or all one type of land (eg Bush) - but it does require the "tutorial enabled" step to be switched on for your account.

Similar, likewise, for hiring staff.

Pete

Pruner
Azzer- In that case theres a bug which disables it. I had the same problem but i went to check the settings and found it wasnt enabled, even though it was originally and i hadnt disabled it (as far as i can remember).

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
You probably clicked disable instead of minimize, I did that a few times at first :p

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Nightmare, Steve_God - both of you seem to have your "tutorial enabled" flag set to 0 (ie, disabled), in the database.

When this flag is set to 0, the tutorial does not attempt to proceed with any steps.

Can you head to your ID Settings page, and ensure the tutorial is enabled in the tutorial section, then try "triggering" the appropriate steps again. If it is already set to enabled, try disabling it, then re-enabling it.

The land one simply requires you to attempt to cultivate any amount of acres of any type. It then checks to see how many total cultivated acres you have (of any type) - and proceeds as necessary. So you could cultivate 3 grass and 2 flower land, 1 land at a time, and it would trigger as normal. It doesn't have to be all at once (5 in one go), or all one type of land (eg Bush) - but it does require the "tutorial enabled" step to be switched on for your account.

Similar, likewise, for hiring staff.

The tutorial was enabled, but then decided to disable itself for some odd reason, and no, I didn't click disable I minimized so the instructions are at the top of the page, which would then dissapear all together.
No idea why, not too bothered about it either.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Azzer- In that case theres a bug which disables it.
+1.

I restarted originally and re-enabled it to start with at the start of the round.

Today after your (Azzers) post I've checked and found out it was now disabled, I've re-enabled it, I did two more steps, and then disabled itself infront of my eyes! :?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you find a repeatable set of actions that reproduces the "self-disabling" every time (something guaranteed)? It'd help me track down whatever oddity is causing it!

Steve_God

Official Helper
I've just restarted the tutorial from the start and gone through it all again (up to the development step) and it's all worked fine now.

If not many others are reporting it as a problem, maybe it was just an oddity, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time.