Grats to RRR for winning | R31

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
And a spy in TIR. ;)
TIR was riddled with spies. As far as you go Nivet, I didn't trust you before and I trust you even less now. If RRR had a spy in TIR they didn't use it.

I can almost 100% guarantee RRR didn't have a spy in TIR, let alone a spy anywhere else. We didn't do *any* ally attacks til spies came out; and even then we mostly concentrated on randoms and our own personal landfarms.

I'm not privy to all the information we had or it's source; but i'm fairly certain we didn't use spies to get it.

There is also a fine line between actual planted spies; and chats between friends which let slip certain indiscretions. With all the top allies pretty much knowing each other and other members, there is lots of PM/backroom talking that goes on.

Officially, RRR didn't use spies. We didn't need to ;)

We had no Spies, making enemies was not in our favour and being rank 1 was also not in our favour. So we made no efforts to get both.
Don't take that as saying "We didn't want to be top". We all tried hard, but if wanted to bash the ally lists we got given then we would have been equal on land with the others. Politically we did no alliance raids.

My view in the first week is unless you're rank 1 by a long long long long way, you don't want to be there, it worked well for us.

I also feel we could be taken out, and not wanting this to come accross as arrogant it will be tough, we're probably equal to W?H? on contactability and activity but this time we have a vast land and troop advantage.

1. Rape
2. Rinse
3. Repeat
4. Kill/lock up the rapists? :/

Garrett

Landscape Designer
j00 time is commin! mah troop set up is your bane! rally to me players.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
which was absolutely silly to have as if TIR needed spies. there is no pride there and thanks for telling everyone that you are willing to lie when you are in an alliance.

What I meant by my original post was that S2N had a spy in TIR and got a **** load of land of us. I was adding to IoF's list of what they had done (or at least pressumed to have done).

S2N were the ones who were bashing TIR, and I am sure Twigley/some of the other S2N players will clarify that I didn't spy. Yes, I jumped ship. But I *didn't* spy. End of story.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
We had no spy, just one of their members leaked info to one of mine, and i was able to manipulate the less expeirened members of TIR, and even the ones who should of known better that their ally was full of them.

It was funny, i got pms from 4/5 people frm TIR when we massed them asking if JubJub or nitrous was a spy at the same time and i used the names they gave me and said sure ... ;D

Spies are rarely planted, they just come out in the end when they are unhappy with an alliance..

And they are real easy to catch out with some common sense - (Brett last round got kicked within 10minutes of plotting against my ally)

Nitrous

Head Gardener
It was funny, i got pms from 4/5 people frm TIR when we massed them asking if JubJub or nitrous was a spy at the same time and i used the names they gave me and said sure ... ;D

*Point proven*
(TY Twiglet)

Now, back on topic.

RRR haven't won the round yet - there's still hope, however small it may be. :D

Mysterious

Harvester
First post in a while for me.

As a member of War?Huh last round...wooo go you guys :) Well played, and rape those powerblockers :) Enjoy all.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've now quit r31.

Main reason being that I've found leading Fail. far more demanding in terms of effort/time, than I remember when I last led an alliance.

I won't be leading again in the near future - lest I find myself with copious amounts of time on my hands :p

I'll return to play after the Summer, when this fantastic weather abandons poor Britain again =P

-

My sincere luck to the Resistance - all is not lost if you guys hold it together.

My congratulations to Hero, for putting together a team of shockingly active, easily contactable, seasoned players. I havent seen an alliance work better as a team in quite some time.

Hf,

DA

Silence

Head Gardener
I've now quit r31.

Main reason being that I've found leading Fail. far more demanding in terms of effort/time, than I remember when I last led an alliance.

I won't be leading again in the near future - lest I find myself with copious amounts of time on my hands :p

I'll return to play after the Summer, when this fantastic weather abandons poor Britain again =P

You should chat to hero, he has the best ability to lead a sucessful alliance without any effort at all. Its utter brilliance in my honest opinion. That's your problem. You have done the micromanaging and deligated no power. It's all your fault being a poor leader

=)

-
My sincere luck to the Resistance - all is not lost if you guys hold it together.

My congratulations to Hero, for putting together a team of shockingly active, easily contactable, seasoned players. I havent seen an alliance work better as a team in quite some time.

Hf,

DA

Surprised? I swear I raised this issue before but was laughed at for being scared at the pathetic resistance attempts. Oh yes:
RRR have proved themselves to be the most active alliance and the most contactable. That is the fundamental reason for the rank.
So to really sum up, the resistance will be a waste of time.

So yeah, it was really =)

And the comment that the resistance is not all lost? . 1 of the leaders quits thats an active alliance gone from the resistance which at best has medicore alliances, and fail was the most active in the 2 attacks which came our way. So yeah,,, RESISTANCE DOWN.

Finally Darkangel, you will never receive the Darkangel award because you just didnt try as hard as rank one to form that resistance, and the round is boring? That's funny. A powerblock was more fun where you had no targets? L.A.W.L

DARKANGEL DOWN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Been taking tips from Ahead, Silence?

._ .

I just find it sad how lazy some leaders are :i

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've now quit r31.

You should chat to hero, he has the best ability to lead a sucessful alliance without any effort at all. Its utter brilliance in my honest opinion. That's your problem. You have done the micromanaging and deligated no power. It's all your fault being a poor leader

=)

-

Hf,

DA

Surprised? I swear I raised this issue before but was laughed at for being scared at the pathetic resistance attempts. Oh yes:
RRR have proved themselves to be the most active alliance and the most contactable. That is the fundamental reason for the rank.
So to really sum up, the resistance will be a waste of time.

So yeah, it was really =)

And the comment that the resistance is not all lost? . 1 of the leaders quits thats an active alliance gone from the resistance which at best has medicore alliances, and fail was the most active in the 2 attacks which came our way. So yeah,,, RESISTANCE DOWN.

Finally Darkangel, you will never receive the Darkangel award because you just didnt try as hard as rank one to form that resistance, and the round is boring? That's funny. A powerblock was more fun where you had no targets? L.A.W.L

DARKANGEL DOWN.

My round got boring/the round was more hassle than it was worth. I stopped having fun a fair while back.

I quit.

That's all there is to it really :/

-

As for the Resistance. No, they don't really have much of a chance. But then the game mechanics for a resistance to work aren't really there, IMO.

This round is testament to the fact that we need the AHQ overhaul asap. If 4-5 alliances resisting RRR can't do anything to beat them that's proof enough in my mind that we need in-built AHQ functionality to help stop the game getting "placid" when an alliance takes the lead. (In instances where, as with this round, alliances below rank 1 choose not to fight it out amongst themselves but instead sNap, leaving themselves with few targets, but are then able to stay low and starve the rank 1 alliance)

But thats a discussion for another thread.

Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they got ahead/won last round. I'd be more annoyed about that fact if I hadnt realised everbody else is reading the same egocentric, self-indulgant crap that I'm reading.

Try being more like Martin, Polo, Kuda - guys who are not only grade A players, but remarkably don't feel the need to draw attention to their successes at every glimmer of an opportunity. For that they have my respect and I'm sure the respect of the playerbase. Can the same be said of you?

Silence

Head Gardener
Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they won last round.

Now I cant be bothered to go through pages from last round, however one quote springs to mind, it is along the lines of

ZOMG I HAVE 20K ACRES AND IM TOP 5 AND I HAVENT PLAYED FOR 19546354 ROUNDS! IM SO GOOD I HAVENT FORGOTTEN ANYTHING OR MISSED OUT ON ANYTHING! This quote made the darkangel award famous =)

Your posts were held as arrogant to those outside your alliance, and it is fun pushing your buttons this round :D

alexx

Harvester
contactability + activity > * in this game. Once u learn the basics/units it's piss easy. The Reason why RRR are winning is because they are more active+contactable. Not because of 'skill', the skillcap in this game is very low.

dont fool urselves... (meant to everyone)

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they won last round.

Now I cant be bothered to go through pages from last round, however one quote springs to mind, it is along the lines of

ZOMG I HAVE 20K ACRES AND IM TOP 5 AND I HAVENT PLAYED FOR 19546354 ROUNDS! IM SO GOOD I HAVENT FORGOTTEN ANYTHING OR MISSED OUT ON ANYTHING!

Your posts were held as arrogant to those outside your alliance, and it is fun pushing your buttons this round :D

Someone said something about me being away for 18 months, and that I couldn't be any good because of this: I said I can't have missed all that much as I was top 10. That isn't big headed. Its a response to an accusation.

Last response to this thread, as there's quite simply no arguing with someone so egotistical.

k thanks :)

ZigZag

Harvester
Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they got ahead/won last round. I'd be more annoyed about that fact if I hadnt realised everbody else is reading the same egocentric, self-indulgant crap that I'm reading.

I have to agree with this to a point. I believe Silence is saying things just to get peoples dander up. Which he succeeds in doing, so for him that is a win.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
My round got boring/the round was more hassle than it was worth. I stopped having fun a fair while back.

I quit.

That's all there is to it really :/

My only contention with your whole post is this. The sign of a true and dedicated player comes from when they're having a shitty round and it hasn't turned out to their expectations and they keep slogging through anyways, right up until the bitter end.

Do you think last round it was fun being WH and Chance when we got massive incoming from you guys (incompetent tho it was)? Did we delete? No, but we stuck it out to the bitter end.

perhaps you have real life issues going on but if that is not the case and you're simply deleting because you've lost then i can't tell you how disappointing that is to me. If anything is going to rip the guts out of the resistance it's going to be the leader of one of the main and most active resistance allies deleting. Not to mention the fact that you more or less declare the resistance to be dead; i'm sure that'll help motivate the troops.

It probably won't affect Enmity or S2N that much; but it will certainly reflect poorly to the other lower alliances in my eyes when they see a leader of the one of the top 3 (sub rank 1) allies delete because they got bored of this round.

In my eyes the mark of a true player is the one who sticks it out through thick and thin, shitty rounds and good rounds; bad attacks and good ones etc. I think you get my point....

contactability + activity > * in this game. Once u learn the basics/units it's piss easy. The Reason why RRR are winning is because they are more active+contactable. Not because of 'skill', the skillcap in this game is very low.

dont fool urselves...

Activity and contactability are not the sole vital factors that lead to winning. It is exceptionally useful, but there are plenty of active people who suck. Knowing how to play and how to work together is just as vital being active and contactable. I'm sorry you're so jealous of our win; considering we won so skill-lessly. Hell we only beat 3 alliances 1 Versus 1 and then crushed the pitiful resistance attacks that came our way. Think, digest, rethink, then post. Follow this rule and you will look less like an idiot.

Thanks. We were driven by the results of last round to prove what could be done, and having successfully done that we feel pretty good about it. Silence was integral in organizing a large percentage of those attacks that took down S2N and Fail so for him to be arrogant on top of his usual behaviour is to be expected. I don't necessarily agree with all the taunting that goes down on this thread but if you care to take a glance over the threads of last round there is a *lot* of taunting and gloating on the part of certain other members of the TBA alliances. Call this one karma!

Last edited by a moderator:

Changer

Head Gardener

I have to agree with this to a point. I believe Silence is saying things just to get peoples dander up. Which he succeeds in doing, so for him that is a win.

Succeeds in doing so, at the cost of a flame free forums :|

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i've never seen a set of forums that were flame free, a utopian ideal, but like most utopian ideals, doomed to failure and disappointment.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

The flames/banter are what makes the forums interesting. Of course the flames shouldn't be too severe but something like Silence's post is absolutely fine imo. The forums were most interesting to me around r12-r16 and none of the mods were as strict as they are now so there was plenty of interesting flames on the forums but nobody took it too far.