• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

developing units

dan_da_man

Planter
i think if your the first to develop a unit in the game, you should get a reward other then a profile point,

my suggestion is that you get that unit devleloped in normal time taken, not the time taken with the muliplier.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
No. Do you have *any* idea how overwhelming unbalanced that would make it for the first player to develop that unit? Absolutely, 100%, unequivocally NO.

Souls

Official Helper
Did Han Solo get a reward for running the Kesla Run in 12 parsecs? No, so you shouldn't get one for being the first to develop a unit!

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
i think he means just the very first unit development, not the dev for each in particular unit.

and lol Toby, good efort =)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If anything, i'd prefer you just get some funds like for killing a 'Hamster from Hell'.

Anything that alters the dev time or dev mod of units should be shunned.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
maybe the first to develop a p-unit should get it free next time ;P

but then again that would be a very poor business stratergy lol

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Moved to Suggestions

Alciabades is right, while the idea of giving someone a little bonus isnt neccesarily bad...to give the first person the unit 2-3 times quicker than everyone else (especially with certain units) would be insanely overpowered.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
Did Han Solo get a reward for running the Kesla Run in 12 parsecs? No, so you shouldn't get one for being the first to develop a unit!

i thought a parsec was a unit of distance? just like a light year

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It is. But the Kessel Run is a race through a field of black holes, and you can shave distance off the overall amount by skimming closer to the black holes. So Han Solo went through the Kessel Run at breakneck speed jack-knifing from one black hole to the next and completed it in less time and distance than is physically possible (due to the proximity of the black holes affecting time and space as we know it).

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd. I have come to terms with my affliction and have decided to move on with my life.

Souls

Official Helper
it is. But the kessel run is a race through a field of black holes, and you can shave distance off the overall amount by skimming closer to the black holes. So han solo went through the kessel run at breakneck speed jack-knifing from one black hole to the next and completed it in less time and distance than is physically possible (due to the proximity of the black holes affecting time and space as we know it).

Yes, i am a star wars nerd. I have come to terms with my affliction and have decided to move on with my life.

qft

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A profile award is more than enough reward ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
can we have a profile award for doing the kessel run (which was home (the kessel system) to a prison mining operation by the imperials if you wanted star wars nerdness)
in less than 12 parsecs? maybe the aluminum falcon award?

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Moved to Suggestions

Alciabades is right, while the idea of giving someone a little bonus isnt neccesarily bad...to give the first person the unit 2-3 times quicker than everyone else (especially with certain units) would be insanely overpowered.

I think you will soon find out that Alciabades is always right ;)

NO for this suggestion!

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Being first to have a tech isn't advantage enough? No.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I think you will soon find out that Alciabades is always right ;)

of course he is. As part of the Toby, Alci, Me triumvarate, he has 1/3 rd rule over all.

p.s. it has been secretly said that the flying spaghetti monster often looks to the triumvirs for advice. may his noodly appendage forever be noodly.