Ending Powerblocks :(

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Put a longer delay on the time from you leave one ally and join the next. (say 24h without AR or 72h with AR - player decides, and sets one as default in case of kick.)

For that matter, make it so that a player can't return to an ally he has left.

Thus you eliminate the possibility of memberswaping.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
The 90 min change has made it so its pretty pointless to swap around members unless they are actually going to become part of your alliance, in which case why penalise them even more?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
The 90 min change has made it so its pretty pointless to swap around members unless they are actually going to become part of your alliance, in which case why penalise them even more?

Resistance hits seldom come that fast after each others.

90 minutes are only 9 ticks after all.

Point is, you don't want to wings to be able to spread their losses and rotate fresh troops into the ally being hit by the resistance.

Now 24h will probably be enough, a decent resistance usually will leave an ally burning in 24h, if they are gonna succeed at all.

Naturally, you won't be able to stop an ally keeping a wing of solos, but they would be much more vulnerable after all.

Another solution would be making alliance memberships "permanent" so that you could only leave an ally, or get kicked, once you were either:

reduced by 80% from your top value. (i.e. dead)
inactive (i.e. not logged on i 5 days)
account adminlocked

To hinder spies from just hanging on in an ally, the leader of an ally would get the option to block all information from a member. (I.e. memberlist, incoming, outgoing, politics etc.)
(Dubbed "quarantine")

Any player who finds themselves quarantined could then just not log on for 5 days, and set themselves up for " allyrelease". (If they want, at the same time going into sleepmode for the duration)

Elevnos

BANNED
What are we meant to do in a game where you're competing for fourth place in alliance rankings and 61st in the individual rankings, you go any higher and the next day you've got a darn good chance of being in the bottom half of the rankings with loads of your land gone.

It's completely pointless and you powerblockers saying that you don't realise what you're doing to the game just say that to feel better about yourselves and make it seem to other people like you're sorry.

Dont be selfish.....STOP POWERBLOCKING

mrmongo

Harvester
this is the 2nd so called powerblock ive been in now, first being ViruS 3 wing massacre back in round 9 i think, tho that was 3 allies of 15 people and some thais, still tho powerblock, and now this one. It wont happen again, as many of us TBA have said. I didnt realise that we would do so well, i was just wanting to play with some old friends again and well yeah we kind murked it. Thats why i have stopped attacking and just plant out of rangehoping some people will come rush me :p but it never happens :(

Last edited by a moderator:

fred

BANNED
this is the 2nd so called powerblock ive been in now, first being ViruS 3 wing massacre back in round 9 i think, tho that was 3 allies of 15 people and some thais, still tho powerblock, and now this one. It wont happen again, as many of us TBA have said. I didnt realise that we would do so well, i was just wanting to play with some old friends again and well yeah we kind murked it. Thats why i have stopped attacking and just plant out of rangehoping some people will come rush me :p but it never happens :(

omg Virus was a blight on this game and their cheating legacy continues

powerblocks are only a bunch of people who have no morals in real life nor any game-play skill besides the old-school wave ......... which azzer has NEVER addressed as people wouldn't buy game cash if they weren't killed ....

ITS ALL ABOUT AZZER'S BANK BALANCE PEOPLE

WHEN WILL YOU REALISE THAT THE GAME WILL NEVER BE FAIR IF IT MEANS AZZER LOSES MONEY .....................

timtadams

Landscape Designer

omg Virus was a blight on this game and their cheating legacy continues

powerblocks are only a bunch of people who have no morals in real life nor any game-play skill besides the old-school wave ......... which azzer has NEVER addressed as people wouldn't buy game cash if they weren't killed ....

ITS ALL ABOUT AZZER'S BANK BALANCE PEOPLE

WHEN WILL YOU REALISE THAT THE GAME WILL NEVER BE FAIR IF IT MEANS AZZER LOSES MONEY .....................

Thats a bit harsh. I totally disagree. Both those statements are utter rubbish with no evidence or foundation whatsoever.

Firstly, you say "powerblocks are only a bunch of people who have no morals in real life nor any game-play skill besides the old-school wave"

Ludicrous. So you may be pissed at them for some reason, but, many people here will admit that there are skilled players in the nooblock. More skilled than you. And on morals, how can you be the judge of that. Please, just dont, i dont even need to expand here. I could have been in the nooblock, but im not. And i have morals in real life. So what makes those in the nooblock so different from me. You are taking it way too far.

And about Azzer. Let me redirect to this post:
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336

see last post by Azzer himself

And hey, im not cheating, nor am i in a nooblock, nor are any of my friends. IN FACT i got zeroed AND land raped by the nooblock. Yet i am still defending them from your utter BS. Thats how rubbish your post was

mkay

lavadog

Head Gardener
Every online game brings cash to it's owners/founders. If you're worried about the money influencing the ability of game admins, you might as well stop playing online games all together.

I'm a pretty seasoned MMORPG player, and I can say Azzer is probably one of the most correct Admins I've played under when it comes to money and how it affects the game. Also the way cash involves game features is pretty unique, since you can quite possibly win without spending a single dime. I'm not even starting on outside advertisers being barred from putting ads in the game. To me that is a big plus.

iamclever1

Weeder
i havent played the game for about 3-4 years, and when i came on this round, i realised the lack of players.

I started playing a game called travian which reminded me of bush so i came back on here. Although travian sucks, it has alot more players simply because they advertise. Also it is alot easier to play, maintly because of the quests to help new players. As we all kno, bushtarion is very complex, so people often cant be bothered to learn the game.

What im trying to say is,

would it be possible to advertise more. And when people ,join the game/start the round, have a small amount of quests with bonuses when you complete them. It would be fair, and help new players get into the game.

and obviously, the more people playing, the less powerblocking can harm the game

o yeh.. i also liked the honor/fame thing xD

Last edited:

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Firstly i have to ask the question wtf has happened to the playerbase since i left??? 18 pages of people fighting and arguing over a powerblock? rules having to be introduced and changes to the EULA to stop powerblocks ever happening again???

The reason as stated by Azzer is that it damages the game by forcing people to quit and reduces his income as people dont buy game cash, from a business point of view i totally understand his perspective, unfortunately such an admission shows how low Bushtarion as an entity has fallen. In close to 20 rounds playing i always purchased the PU but id have giggled to myself if id ever have ever actually bought 'ingame' money with real money (i think i did it 2-3 times in 20 rounds usually when drunk or stoned at 4am UK time and only one aussie/west coast USA prankable or online)

I ramble though (nothing new there eh!) to me this is just another example of hand holding by admins to stop skilled tacticians winning easily and another reason im glad im gone in any competitive sense... to give an analogy when i started playing attack range was 10%, top alliance/alliances could defend anyone bashing/waving was a helluva lot easier than now lol, someone on 100k acres (usually Louie or Athena) could attack me with 8k acres and 10 times my troops when i was 5-6 times bigger than anyone else in my ally (poms before bikers, sometimes only me and tim or me and sordes in the whole ally with any troops.......

Basically what i'm saying is that in previous rounds (mainly early ones) alliances like Virus etc had wings that didnt attack each other did we hate them? yeah sure we did but it was 'INGAME' hate not forum hate or this constant childish bickering, my most memorable round in Bushtarion remains rd 16, Sordes bless him had enough of powerblocking and created a group of 20 players that fought against several powerblocks and emerged victorious this alliance included legends such as Sordes, Polo, Pannettiere, Siers and complete n00bs like me Dez and HHNF the point is players sorted anti social behaviour of players not admins

Legislation to stop certain perfectly valid (imo) tactics like powerblocking will cause this game to die quicker than allowing it to continue as hardcore gamers spend more and hardcore gamers do not play games that run as a nanny state.... Azzer i hope this is not a costly mistake on your part but i fear it is.......

Simply put stop hating people for winning using legal tactics... create better tactics oh no thats right you wont because if you stop buying bush credits and whine enough on forums Azzer will turn one of the greatest browser text based wargames of all time into another sh*it sim city game.... oh wait he already has.........

Garrett

Landscape Designer
azzer said it best years ago when he said he could code the 'You Win' button for 5 bc's.

I know it was a joke then, but seriously he should do it now.

But melni, no one knows how to attack anymore or cba to organize. the newbies don't care to learn and most of the oldies don't teach. not one noob in tba was taught anything other than swarm your opponent with dead bodies. leading to the 'best defensive' alliance *cough* *cough* simply becaues they killed all the noobies.

i agree with you on many points. and it's just going to continue to contract the more hand holding and coddling that is done.

hopefully azzers role playing game gets up and running soon so he can pay for the house.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
azzer said it best years ago when he said he could code the 'You Win' button for 5 bc's.

I know it was a joke then, but seriously he should do it now.

But melni, no one knows how to attack anymore or cba to organize. the newbies don't care to learn and most of the oldies don't teach. not one noob in tba was taught anything other than swarm your opponent with dead bodies. leading to the 'best defensive' alliance *cough* *cough* simply becaues they killed all the noobies.

i agree with you on many points. and it's just going to continue to contract the more hand holding and coddling that is done.

hopefully azzers role playing game gets up and running soon so he can pay for the house.

Nah me Tiff Liz and RichardM ran a training ally a couple of rounds back and taught a lot of players the basics the problem was new players are not instantly going to devote half their waking lives or more to a game they're new to. For the game to survive and grow it needs players that have burned out long ago (like me) to have a less strenuous environment that they can teach the basics to players that are new and dont have that 'urge' to play that i used to have and the select few still do. It needs a tiering system or as stated in another post a 'range' based on distance and not on size... say for example brand new accounts could be placed in a starting zone on the fringes and all accounts that have played many rounds play in the 'centre' the centre are closely grouped and can attack in an hour or so the further out you are (newer players etc) take longer to reach but to have a ranking or chance of a portal your land needs to expand centrally meaning the larger you are the closer you are to the centre and more likely to be attacked quickly by the top.....

callum828

Planter
Reducing alliance sizes sounds like the best option, it will the competition across all sizes and scores of alliances more fierce.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
and make powerblocks even more devastating and allying with other alliances even more tempting to get upper hand against other alliances.

More people there are in alliances harder it is to organize. If alliances would be 100 members big having 2 vs 1 would have much less impact than having 20 vs 10.

Not that I would be for 100 member alliances but to put smaller alliances to right context.