I'd just like to say thanks

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Why go solo? Join Epic Fail instead!! :D

I can promise you that there will be no risk of being accused of bashing and/or powerblocking!

Moderated by Weeble
Spamitch with spamsauce

Last edited by a moderator:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Just thought this was a pretty funny mail, and fairly on-topic too. I'll edit it to make it a bit more readable.

Random weirdo says: Our IDS alerted us of a possible hack attempt. We traced the IP back to Toby [me].

what!

Me says: what what in the butt? in the butt!

Random weirdo says: dont hack me when you know you wont attack me

Me says: how do i know if i can attack you if i don't hack you, ya damn fool. and i'll hack whoever i damn well feel like. you ain't the boss of hacks in this game.

Random weirdo says: ****

So I basically just got insulted just for hacking someone when I was looking for a target. :p

Ah well...he got about 100 hacks after that.

Silence

Head Gardener
I play for fun, not for the politics of the game.

I'm confused. If you don't play for the politics what prevented you attacking all of those outside of your alliance? Surely as you conformed to the powerblock you are indeed playing for the politics?

I'm sorry but you actions this round contradicted you above statement =)

saint1d

Head Gardener

I'm confused. If you don't play for the politics what prevented you attacking all of those outside of your alliance? Surely as you conformed to the powerblock you are indeed playing for the politics?

Lol that makes no sense whatsoever :p

Silence

Head Gardener

...yes it did. I simply stated that as you are part of TBA you were playing for politics as you refused to hit other alliances. If you were not playing for politics you would have attacked anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_God

Official Helper
Technically, the reason he didn't hit others was my fault as the Leader, as the orders were always to not attack others in the TBA group. All he did was follow alliance orders.

Place the blame on me, not on Dave :)

saint1d

Head Gardener

...yes it did. I simply stated that as you are part of TBA you were playing for politics as you refused to hit other alliances. If you were not playing for politics you would have attacked anyone.

Ok I get your point, but I didnt continue this round with the same bunch of players (SG) knowing we were going to be part of the TBA, that was decided not long before round start, and I really didnt give it much thought.

Look, I'm not trying to justify the "powerblock" or say that it is right or wrong, I was just playing a reasonably inactive round and things just ended up the way they were, then once Azzer posted a thread about it I was stuck between staying with my ally cos I'm loyal, and deleting cos thats what I felt was the right thing to do.

In all honesty I thought it would be better if the whole ally deleted on the basis that it was the moral thing to do, and no offence meant to the leadership, but if it was my decision I would have kicked eveyone and deleted the ally. My reasoning behind this is that I play for fun, not for the politics of the game and that there would be more respect from the playerbase for taking such actions.

Anyway my post was not about the TBA, it was about the crap received from other players.

In response to what others have said, I will never select "friends only" because I enjoy the "crack" and like meeting new people through messaging. In fact when I was pawned by defence and got killed I would generally mail them in a friendly manner to acknowledge the fact that they won, but quite often got nothing but a shed load of crap in return. For Christ's sake it's just a game, and the majority of the time it was just me sending at the ally. At this point I would like to say that WH were the nicest bunch of people who just went with the flow and didnt give me any crap, but thats prob cos they kept killing me when I decided to stay and find out if there defence was real on me (which ofc it was considering they were all armour killers lol)

saint1d

Head Gardener
Technically, the reason he didn't hit others was my fault as the Leader, as the orders were always to not attack others in the TBA group. All he did was follow alliance orders.

Place the blame on me, not on Dave :)

Not really Steve, I couldve left you if I wanted to, it was my decision.

Besides, where else would I find such an abundance of grannie love?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I agree with the this post in that I too have received an unprecedented amount of crap from various individuals this round. (With regards to be being in TBA)

In the end I didnt, and still don't care. I ended up feeling sorry for the, in my mind "troubled", guys who sought, in a fashion that I considered borderline sociopathic at times, to insult/flame/troll me at every given opportunity.

At the end of the day the guys you're describing are the very small minority of the community who take this game far too seriously and get genuinely upset about in-game issues, such as TBA. Whilst the current powerblock merits some upset from the community, and as we all know that has been voiced, the extent to which some people took this was, IMO, staggering.

Those people know who they are. My advice to them is to chill out, relax, and go try find that big bright thing in the sky :)

In other words, David, don't let them get to you. I assure you, whatever problems they accuse you of having, they've almost certainly a great deal worse.

Last edited:

marvin

Tree Surgeon
I didn't get too much abuse from people about being in TBA.. I more got abused because of my hair colour :( And that was mostly from my fellow TBAians aswell as others outside of TBA!! So yeh, I'd like to say thanks and FFFUUUU-

:p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Those people know who they are. My advice to them is to chill out, relax, and go try find that big bright thing in the sky

And my advice to you is:

Take a deep breath and then pull your head out of your arse,

Mr. I am so good coz I am top 10
Mr. I am against powerblocks but I find it OK to be part of one
Mr. What can we do to make this game better
Mr. It's so boring being part of a powerblock

Jeez, my attitude is **** too, I am arrogant as hell and sometimes even I regret my sharp tongue, but atleast I admit it, atleast I admit when someone else is right and I am not and I don't try to present myself in fashion that goes against my ingame behaviour i.e. being a hypocrite.

Yours truly, f0xx.

PS. I punch people like you in the face in RL.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Those people know who they are. My advice to them is to chill out, relax, and go try find that big bright thing in the sky

And my advice to you is:

Take a deep breath and then pull your head out of your arse,

Mr. I am so good coz I am top 10
Mr. I am against powerblocks but I find it OK to be part of one
Mr. What can we do to make this game better
Mr. It's so boring being part of a powerblock

Jeez, my attitude is **** too, I am arrogant as hell and sometimes even I regret my sharp tongue, but atleast I admit it, atleast I admit when someone else is right and I am not and I don't try to present myself in fashion that goes against my ingame behaviour i.e. being a hypocrite.

Yours truly, f0xx.

PS. I punch people like you in the face in RL.

Thank you very much for proving me right :)

[edit] - Oh, and if you make want to accuse me of something, for example saying I think I'm great for finishing top 10, please back that up with some evidence ;)

P.S - As for your "punch me in RL" joust, the term "internet hardguy" comes to mind :p

Ahead

Head Gardener
I agree with the this post in that I too have received an unprecedented amount of crap from various individuals this round. (With regards to be being in TBA)

In the end I didnt, and still don't care. I ended up feeling sorry for the, in my mind "troubled", guys who sought, in a fashion that I considered borderline sociopathic at times, to insult/flame/troll me at every given opportunity.

At the end of the day the guys you're describing are the very small minority of the community who take this game far too seriously and get genuinely upset about in-game issues, such as TBA. Whilst the current powerblock merits some upset from the community, and as we all know that has been voiced, the extent to which some people took this was, IMO, staggering.

Those people know who they are. My advice to them is to chill out, relax, and go try find that big bright thing in the sky :)

In other words, David, don't let them get to you. I assure you, whatever problems they accuse you have having, they've almost certainly a great deal worse.

I realise you are referring to me in some of your post and I'm glad of the recognition. However I've already said I like Dave, and I still have respect for him despite him being in TBA. Same with Mateen (and JJ to an extent, however much it pains me to say it in public :p).

I think you'll find that the reason why you get so much stick is because it's more fun doing it to you - due to your reactions and I don't really know what other reasons but your sourness and lack of humour also contribute (yes, you gave me a 3 point infraction for a joke private mail that I sent you on here). Also I generally don't like you or your posts this round. Saint1d got some "standard" TBA mail-bashing, you (along with tombi, jubjub etc) got some "standard TBA bashing" plus a little extra because of your attitudes and that fact that people generally don't like you, as well as not liking your participation in a powerblock. Basically you've been getting special treatment for being a noob.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Indeed I am referring to you. You're one of the worst for it, tbh.

Do you not feel a little, strange, for having such strong, extreme views on something as harmless as a game? You've put a sizable amount of time and energy into those views, and attempting to flame/troll me/other TBA guys this round.

You should really take a step back, and question whether that is "normal" tbh :?

Ahead said:
However I've already said I like Dave, and I still have respect for him despite him being in TBA

This is what makes me laugh. You guys fall out, outside of the game, for things that happen within the game itself. Its sad on a level I can't describe :/

Get real, for christs sake :p

Silence

Head Gardener

In other words, David, don't let them get to you. I assure you, whatever problems they accuse you of having, they've almost certainly a great deal worse.

People who take the game too seriously and who get genuinely upset and swear to quit the game when Azzer killed us in SotB? You cried about that and left in a hissy fit and swore never to return =)

Yes those people are sad :D

The point of this post is not to make you feel silly but to prove that when YOU don't get YOUR own way you complain too. Also its funny to poke you as you do get so darn angry :D

Ahead

Head Gardener
Indeed I am referring to you. You're one of the worst for it, tbh.

One of?! Damn I haven't achieved my goal :( gonna have to keep trying in that case :)

Do you not feel a little, strange, for having such strong, extreme views on something as harmless as a game? You've put a sizable amount of time and energy into those views, and attempting to flame/troll me/other TBA guys this round.

No I don't, as it's not my views about the game; we're talking about my views about you as a person here. I haven't forced anybody to troll you, if they have done it with me then they clearly had a problem with you as well and wanted to do it. The only person I have asked to troll you with me sometimes is Silence but I know he loves doing it as much as me so I'm not forcing him to do it, merely informing him when a new opportunity arises :p Tbh we wouldn't have any opportunities if your posts were more eloquent and you didn't post like such a noob. We don't make hate from nothing, we use your posts as a building block for it :)

You should really take a step back, and question whether that is "normal" tbh :?

Ahead said:
However I've already said I like Dave, and I still have respect for him despite him being in TBA

This is what makes me laugh. You guys fall out, outside of the game, for things that happen within the game itself. Its sad on a level I can't describe :/

Sorry I just said I didn't fall out with him. I've only known him in-game, and the people I mentioned I haven't fallen out with outside of the game? That was the whole point of my post? I don't hate them and I haven't fallen out with them. However I troll you because you make yourself easily hateable and it's very fun!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You're kidding yourself if you think I can remember further than 2-3 rounds back.

No doubt you're talking about something 3-4 years ago, way to live in the PAST Silence :p

Anyway, w/e outbursts I've come out with, whenever I've taken the game too seriously, its always been a very self-contained thing. I don't make the rest of the community read my whining every other day ;)

Not that you guys do whine every other day. Its probably more accurately every day. But hopefully that'll calm down now that the big, nasty, EVIW TBA, is now gone. And they won't upset you ANY-MORE :)

[edit] - Ahead just saw you've posted before me. I'm quite honestly not going to read your post =D

I cba :p

Silence

Head Gardener
You're kidding yourself if you think I can remember further than 2-3 rounds back.

No doubt you're talking about something 3-4 years ago, way to live in the PAST Silence :p

But you built an argument that I was also a power blocker based upon my round 17/18 alliances which we then establish was different circumstances due to the mechanics of the game in those rounds, and they were way before I led SexOnTheBeach. So clearly you do remember and don't want to admit you are wrong.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
so the feeling i'm gathering is that DA has been owned and continues to go on and has stopped reading responses so he doesn't have to learn from his errors?

it must be page 3!