Iron Golems??

timtadams

Landscape Designer
also i think sa, is related to james bond. id assume something like you send in an attack against some one and only one sa, survives. something of that ilk. may trigger it but i cba to test. something very rare and unlikely. maybe attacking a player with just attack dogs, with 1 sa. get a nice ratio. i assume thios because jamesbond never dies and kills tons of people. it may be something more basic like hiring 1007 of them.

This happened to me in round 29, twice i think. At least once anyway. I dont remember if i was attacking or defending (probably defending) and i got totally smashed/wiped out/zeroed/ie no troops. Except one SA. I remember cause i was allied and like "lol, i am going to pwn them all with my SA!" And it was definitely not against pure dogs (i think it was a robo actually), and am 99.9999% sure i didnt hire 1007. Cause i wouldnt do that deliberately. And i never like to say 100% :p

I got zeroed heaps of times defending massive inc, since i was like only night cover sometimes.

BUT im pretty sure that ive also been left with like one havester or something, which is also really unlikely....this was same round....

Turnip2k

Harvester
iirc, there used to be a bug whereby one unit would survive overwhelming odds due to rounding errors in the game, nothing intentional.

I think this was fixed at some point, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone else know?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
iirc, there used to be a bug whereby one unit would survive overwhelming odds due to rounding errors in the game, nothing intentional.

I think this was fixed at some point, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone else know?

The "Last Man Standing" bug as I recall and you're quite correct as far as i remember; which was due to rounding errors it appeared that one of your men had been drinking protein shakes and imitating Rambo. Until the next tick of course ;)

Last edited:

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
It just happened agen for me. lol.

[middle] 9,000,000 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 31,234,965 allied staff.
[middle] 7,046,199 allied Siren sang out, freezing in place 8,797,500 hostile staff.
[middle] 3,849,581 hostile Assassin attacked, killing 2,607,809 allied staff.
[middle] 3,259,861 allied Witch attacked, killing 2,441,646 hostile staff.
[middle] 17,799,568 allied Sorcerer attacked, killing 10,766,548 hostile staff.
[middle] 12,500,000 allied Iron Golem attacked, killing 4,427,086 hostile staff.
[middle] 2,177,442 allied Apprentice attacked, killing 625,268 hostile staff.

Mon 9th Jun, year 5. Dawn
april 19th in real life. ok now i got no idea what the trigger is. lol

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
no they *don't*

they are still good untill sum1 finds the trigger and uses it repitively so they have an indestructible army of golems, and besides it adds more chaos into a game based on too many numbers. and chaos is always fun

Hidden bonuses just seem fun and interesting to me.

I hate the fact that you can calculate ratios so easily, in most cases.

Hidden bonuses takes that away which is good imo.

Also it sounds logical that vampires kills better during nighttime etc etc that some mobs are bettet during the day and some on the night, some on winters, some on summer. etc etc very nice i think

OK

timtadams

Landscape Designer
WTFZOMG i agree with Antinoobkiller :shock:

Like, sooooo agree with everything

OK, maybe not everything. I'm not sure that certain units kill better during certain times of day, or survive better as Spiky Spoon showed us

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
no, timtadams, you are just agreeing with me. if we follow antinoobkillers ideaology we'll have:
-Cybernetic Warriors with uber ratios during thunderstorms
-Apache Longbows and gargoyles getting decimated during tornadoes
-Dragons hibernating during the winter (they are warmblooded)
-Jeeps getting bogged for several ticks during rain
-Heavy thugs not wanting to go outside during snowstorms

that actually sounds like fun (for my CWs)
:p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
no, timtadams, you are just agreeing with me. if we follow antinoobkillers ideaology we'll have:
-Cybernetic Warriors with uber ratios during thunderstorms
-Apache Longbows and gargoyles getting decimated during tornadoes
-Dragons hibernating during the winter (they are warmblooded)
-Jeeps getting bogged for several ticks during rain
-Heavy thugs not wanting to go outside during snowstorms

that actually sounds like fun (for my CWs)
:p

haha, we are warmblooded silly. Clearly, dragons being reptilian, are cold blooded.

Anyway, i didnt say, nor did antinoobkiller, that every unit should have hidden bonuses.

I was just agreeing with this part:

antinoobkiller said:
Hidden bonuses just seem fun and interesting to me.

I hate the fact that you can calculate ratios so easily, in most cases.

Hidden bonuses takes that away which is good imo.

I didnt necessarily agree with the last part. Which i probably didnt mention specifically enough. My bad
i think i assumed that he was suggesting reasons for how hidden bonuses are triggered.

rooney

Head Gardener
Werewolves, vamps, sorcs, golems (and possibly dragons and witches) are the only units that I know of having hidden abilities.

rooney, I don't think SAs and rexes do tbh.
rooney you're half right.
its not a hidden bonus, but they do have an easter egg associated with them i'd go as far to say i think azzer confirmed this in irc yonks ago (with 805 certainty). and since then i assumed every purchase unit you can get to do something special. i also got the feel it had a film reference feel to it.

i think its more a news thing or like a bot message from atatcking bots sort of thing. nothing amazing or too incredible like the bonuses that fantasy route has. phase 7of9 =borge hail. etc etc.

also i think sa, is related to james bond.

yeah thats it, an easter egg rather than a bonus. sorry for the poor wording. but i definatley remember azzer saying either in the old forums or irc that when you do something with SA, something james bond-y happens, and something related to jurassic park happens with rexes (he used those as examples but hinted that it was in no way limited to them)

thanks willy :D

No-Dachi

Official Helper
hidden unit bonuses need to *go*

I'd say that unit bonuses needs to go. Bring back the simple paper, scissor, rock scheme we started out with so long ago. Easter eggs however, are perfectly fine, fun and entertaining. As long as they're not game-breaking, and e.g. has only a per cent age chance of happening (to prevent abuse).

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Werewolves, vamps, sorcs, golems (and possibly dragons and witches) are the only units that I know of having hidden abilities.

rooney, I don't think SAs and rexes do tbh.
rooney you're half right.
its not a hidden bonus, but they do have an easter egg associated with them i'd go as far to say i think azzer confirmed this in irc yonks ago (with 805 certainty). and since then i assumed every purchase unit you can get to do something special. i also got the feel it had a film reference feel to it.

i think its more a news thing or like a bot message from atatcking bots sort of thing. nothing amazing or too incredible like the bonuses that fantasy route has. phase 7of9 =borge hail. etc etc.

also i think sa, is related to james bond.

yeah thats it, an easter egg rather than a bonus. sorry for the poor wording. but i definatley remember azzer saying either in the old forums or irc that when you do something with SA, something james bond-y happens, and something related to jurassic park happens with rexes (he used those as examples but hinted that it was in no way limited to them)

thanks willy :D

lol, i wonder if it has anything to do with T-rex vs jeep...

rooney

Head Gardener
[14:13] <Azzer> Rooney - are you referring to the two easter eggs, one related to Jurassic Park, one relating to James Bond?
[14:13] <rooney> yeah
[14:14] <Azzer> Then I think I've answered you question right there ^^ :p

\o/

Edliuen

Weeder
As Azzer already mentioned...

unit bonuses are only directed at the fantasy route and easter eggs have no effect on the game other than just some fun.

Max

Garden Designer
Mon 16th Mar, year 6. Afternoon
[range] 7,679,277 hostile Bunker attacked, killing 1,739,503 allied staff.
[range] 30,000,000 allied Iron Golem attacked, killing 28,873,325 hostile staff.
[range] 13,330,928 allied Sorcerer attacked, killing 11,459,778 hostile staff.
[range] 929,569 allied Dragon breathed fire on and melted 1,762,478 hostile staff.
[range] 5,467,907 hostile Ninja attacked, killing 2,452,033 allied staff.

Died: 4,191,536 [£218,347,239,000] friendlies dead. 42,095,581 [£796,185,734,500] enemies dead.

Mon 16th Mar, year 6. Evening
[middle] 5,924,585 hostile Bunker attacked, killing 5,591,250 allied staff.
[middle] 25,497,203 allied Iron Golem attacked, killing 5,980,654 hostile staff.
[middle] 9,942,168 allied Sorcerer attacked, killing 2,490,823 hostile staff.

Died: 5,591,250 [£192,014,349,000] friendlies dead. 8,471,477 [£465,561,673,400] enemies dead.

Tue 17th Mar, year 6. Midnight
[close] 3,137,826 hostile Bunker attacked, killing 2,990,718 allied staff.
[close] 23,074,169 allied Iron Golem attacked, killing 694,408 hostile staff.
[close] 747,987 allied Dragon breathed fire on and melted 261,374 hostile staff.

Died: 2,990,718 [£102,449,016,000] friendlies dead. 955,782 [£90,346,250,000] enemies dead.

There is definitely something impressive about the ability of the iron golem to become invincible for one tick.

The only continuity I can see is that in all of the cases posted, there are rounded numbers (hence you can clearly spot it happening). This means that the perk only appears to work on the first active tick in which the Golems are actually firing. In other words, there's no evidence (so far) of golems being fired upon for a few ticks (reducing in number) and then becoming invincible for the last tick.

It also appears that the majick has nothing to do with the time of day (at least initially). I think it must just have some random probability of occuring, but if anyone else has evidence on this I would love to look at it :D

As a scientist I am compelled to find more evidence and try and figure out if it is random or determined by the weather / season in some way/shape/form!

If anything I have said is wrong, please feel free to refute it. I love the fact that Golems have a special ability, but I am just trying to work out if there is a pattern or not and ANY evidence will help here ;)

boogie

Weeder
hmm I attacked a sorc route guy earlier in the round and he had 3m iron golems and they were invulnerable on the mid tick. forgot wad time of the day it was tho.
never realised it was a special bonus and just dismissed it as something weird lol

Max

Garden Designer
hmm I attacked a sorc route guy earlier in the round and he had 3m iron golems and they were invulnerable on the mid tick. forgot wad time of the day it was tho.
never realised it was a special bonus and just dismissed it as something weird lol

Did he only defend for the middle and close ticks, or was he defending for all three? Don't worry if you can't remember :D

boogie

Weeder

Did he only defend for the middle and close ticks, or was he defending for all three? Don't worry if you can't remember :D

he was only defending on the middle and close ticks if i'm not wrong. he had witches firing at the mid and the golems had nice numbers