Age of Empires II

cb1202

Head Gardener
So I reinstalled it last night, give me a week to get back my uber skills and I will start playing with u guys

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
We have 15 guys up and running on AoC!

If you havent got it yet pick it up!

Also - To help coordinate matches, an IRC channel has now been made. You can join this at any time and hopefully find some people to play multiplayer!

#AoC

Help file now added to my first post - regarding how to configure your router if you're having connection difficulties. You can read it here

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Warning[20:06] <CFalcon> yeah changer, i did die on sas while on AoE

That is all.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
This is BS game...
I owned everyone on my 3rd match and then out of the blue sky I am dead while attacking MattM... WTF game is like that? First I killed alone DA and who ever he was playing with... then after Souls attacked CF I went to kill Souls, penetrated their def, was in their base making havoc and.... You have been defeated.

I had resources, max units, structures had huge queues of more units and craploads of funds... still hey you got defeated... umm why?

Whatta ****!

Changer

Head Gardener
Yea that is a problem with regicide. But it also gives a way for a game to finish quicker, as you have to protect your king and your enemies have a target to attack. With a normal match having to destroy every single unit of a player can be hard. Secondary and more bases can be build through out the map and games can last much longer. So whilst regicide can be a pain, once you get more used to it I think its a better way to finish a game quicker without it dragging on forever

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
This is BS game...
I owned everyone on my 3rd match and then out of the blue sky I am dead while attacking MattM... WTF game is like that? First I killed alone DA and who ever he was playing with... then after Souls attacked CF I went to kill Souls, penetrated their def, was in their base making havoc and.... You have been defeated.

I had resources, max units, structures had huge queues of more units and craploads of funds... still hey you got defeated... umm why?

Whatta ****!

Yup, everyone has had to face that.
In that game with DA, CF and you vs Changer, Lanky and I, CF tried to do that to me. I barely managed to escape my king.

I think you now understand why CF made such a massive defensive structure. :p

cb1202

Head Gardener
This is BS game...

Whatta ****!

You can't say this is a BS game off of that. I used to play this game ages ago and it is a very well balanced game. Maybe you should pay deathmatch if u don't like losing like that. This game is by far my favorite RTS, probably above starcraft, but apparently you lose at that too quit *****ing

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I still have no idea why my king was in my enemys base :p
I garrisoned it twice actually to my castle, and found out earlier it was wandering in enemys base already which is weird.
When game ended I had killed like 1.3k units and others had killed 500... No one ever even walked to my base but MattM with 3 ships which I neutralized.

Then suddenly for some reason my king is dancing with my attack units and gets murdered... wheres the fun in that...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
CFalcon, BlackWolf & DA vs Lanky, Changer & Hobbezak
What: REGICIDE
WHERE: RANDOM LAND MAP
WHEN: Saturday 18/04/2009

Saturday, Team CFalcon fought out a battle with Team Hobbezak.
CFalcon: Aztec
BlackWolf: Japanese
DA: Byzantines

vs

Lanky: Huns?
Changer: Goths
Hobbezak: Spanish.

1. The Pillaging
Team CFalcon started with newcomer BlackWolf, who allegedly had only played AoE once. This obviously brought a lot of pressure on CFalcon and DA.
I think it was Changer who first broke into the Feudal Age, swiftly followed by the other players. Yet when CFalcon, Changer and Hobbezak had only minutes ago gone into Castle Age, CFalcon decided it was time to even the odds (with BlackWolf being a new player) and pillaged Lanky with Eagle Warriors (?). Lanky, who was defenceless, called upon his allies to defend him, but the both of them also had no military yet. Changer quickly started to build a cavalry with knights, and Hobbezak sent in his newly bought Conquistadores. The knights quickly stopped the dangerous CFalcon from further pillaging poor Lanky, and all was good again.

2. The End of Lanky?
It was at this time that DA decided it was time to enter Hobbezaks Lebensraum. Hobbezak had anticipated a move across the river, and had strategically increased his line of sight. He quickly recalled his Conquistadores to deal with this situation.
Hobbezak then proceeded to Imperial Age, and went on to trebuchet DA's port.
In the mean time, CFalcon came back with a larger army, and wiped out Lanky's village before anyone could react. He also had some trebuchets, and Lanky was forced, advised by Hobbezak, to run for his life. Hobbezak built a wall to stop a quick march from CFalcon on Changers base (as Changer was Goths and couldn't build walls), but this was of no use, as Changer had built a decent sized army and quickly Lanky's old base became nomansland.
Hobbezak also kept Army No. 1 (Conquistadores, Champions and Cavaliers) in Changers base, just in case CFalcon proceeded into his camp. It would later turn out that this first trained army would see no action during the entire game, as they stood there.
We shall call this battlefield "the Northern Front".

3. Blitzkrieg in the South
On the Southern Front, Hobbezak figured that if he should quickly do an attack on his neighbour DA, as Lanky was clearly not in a situation to battle atm, and playing 2v3 for the next 30 minutes would probably result in a defeat.
He built a small but strong army to accompany his trebuchets to DA's camp, took out the Castle and killed the king. He anticipated a move-out and managed to intercept the king with his cavaliers.
DA HAS BEEN DEFEATED

4. Stalemate in the North, Grand Scale War in the South
At that time, Changer and CFalcon started a fierce battle on the Northern Front, ending in a stalemate. This would continue throughout the entire game, with Changer on the offensive and CFalcon keeping him in the balance with strong fortifications and a decent sized army. Both had about the same amount of villagers, so it was generally 100 v 100.

In the South, Hobbezak, supported by a few Onagers of Changer, tried to go offensive on BlackWolf. His attack was easily stopped by a combination of Heavy Cavalry Archers, Samurai, monks and Cavaliers, and Blackwolf almost broke through towards Hobbezaks camp. Luckily Changers Onagers saved the day, and Hobbezak lived once more.
But Hobbezak kept trying, and after a while, BlackWolf was about to get defeated (this took about 5 mass attacks with Halberdier, Paladin & Elite Conquistadores).

5. CFalcon tries Blitzkrieg
It was at this time that CFalcon, still in a stalemate with Changer, sent a kingkillrush on Hobbezak (a few trebuchets & Elite Eagle Warriors in a transport ship). Hobbezak only just managed to escape his king. After the incoming rush was killed, Hobbezak spent about 5 minutes looking for his king, who seemed to have vanished. He was found in the old camp of DA.

6. The End
Hobbezak then proceeded to kill BW, who's defence finally broke and was swiftly conquered.
BlackWolf HAS BEEN DEFEATED

While Hobbezak was finishing off BW's castle and towers, Lanky apparently joined the War in the North (?), and even before Hobbezak could join,
CFalcon HAS BEEN DEFEATED

Last edited: