Ending Powerblocks :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Matthew, Fred.

It is a narrowminded argument that ALL of bushtarions problems are down to TBA.

Azzer has already pointed out that any round in which a powerblock of two or more alliances win, there is a severe impact on the quality of gameplay and therefore the business itself.

Azzer said:
There have been a number of rounds in the last 6 years where large powerblocks have dominated (be it 2 or 3 allies), and those rounds the playerbase dwindles more than any other round, people that stay playing don't want to buy game-cash/p-units as much (it's not "worth it" or they have to keep their scores low to stay out of range of the powerblock who are now just "bottomfeeding" off anyone that hops into range), and business itself takes a temporary but always dangerous plunge. Past powerblocks have damaged Bushtarion. The current powerblock is damaging Bushtarion.

I'm not saying TBA hasn't damaged the quality of gameplay. We all know it has. But to say:

Matthew said:
LOL well thats because this issue is more or less 90% TBA's fault.

Is inaccurate to say the least.

If everyone wants to kid themselves that TBA are the only powerblock that has ever existed (and damaged the quality of gameplay) go ahead and use this thread to flame away.

Its that kind of nonsense that more than likely meant last time this happened (perhaps not on this scale, but not all that far off) nobody learnt their lesson.

So I'll repeat myself. If you want to target just one small part of the powerblock "issue" - keep flaming TBA. Whilst they are in a large way responsible this round they have not been the culprits in the past, nor will they be in the future. You are not addressing the issue of powerblocking by merely targetting one formation of alliances that have existed in one round of 30. IMO.

I've nothing else to add here. I have already agreed not to take part in future winged' alliances :)

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
IceOfFire
Head Gardener

IceOfFire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
I think what the game needs is a clear divide in groups of players. For example a number of rounds ago you had a clear divide in p

I apologise if there has been two groups fighting it out but i havent particually played recently, i havent played in a long long time and have only recently returned, not really posted on forums previously either. However i dont think your rivalry and Ramas/IoF stands that true and bloodthirsty as the old rivalries, From what i gather Rama (i have no idea who Rama is btw) is with JJ? in that case your "snapped" to him. Hardly a rivalry if thats the case no?

1. Rama is with JJ because they are friends but he is seriously inactive, i wouldnt let him join me like that :p

2. I think you miss understand once again buddy. I HATE Twigley :D So yes we have the hatred of past groups :D

Changer

Head Gardener
What i think is the problem is that the most ACTIVE, CONTACTABLE, and experienced (not in caps because 'experience' comes really easily in bush) players of bush ALWAYS make ONE stacked ally. This round, if the power blocked wasnt formed, WH would have won the round in less than 10 days, and it would've been the same old same old for me and many other players who would steal, get owned, steal, get owned.
Also, from Ahead i have learned that next round there is an ally with the best line up hes ever seen, i saw some of the line up, and if hes serious, the next round will be just as boring as this round. i might as well quit now, because those guys are all contactable, all active for more than 12 hours a day, and have all the necessary "experience", yes, they will win the round in less than a week and then we will have the same old thing seed whoring to bottomfeed going on

Hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
Mostly of the ppl moaning against the powerblock are players that have never felt how it is to not be able to win. You are the players that mostly probably had an easy ride but not this time cause some ppl wanted to make a diffrence this round.

Get over it, You got ownd really hard by these new guys :). I sure can see all your frustration and hate towards TBA. And I can ensure they were tired of seeing you in the top rank posistions when they got bashed by you! Now it was your turn!

I think this round was a turning point in Bush history. :)

Please read the past 10 and a half pages, and then post. Also before you hit Submit reply, i suggest you re-read your comment.

Jubjub

Planter
What i think is the problem is that the most ACTIVE, CONTACTABLE, and experienced (not in caps because 'experience' comes really easily in bush) players of bush ALWAYS make ONE stacked ally. This round, if the power blocked wasnt formed, WH would have won the round in less than 10 days, and it would've been the same old same old for me and many other players who would steal, get owned, steal, get owned.
Also, from Ahead i have learned that next round there is an ally with the best line up hes ever seen, i saw some of the line up, and if hes serious, the next round will be just as boring as this round. i might as well quit now, because those guys are all contactable, all active for more than 12 hours a day, and have all the necessary "experience", yes, they will win the round in less than a week and then we will have the same old thing seed whoring to bottomfeed going on

Exactly what i was trying to get across in my last post. Although Ahead tried to read into what i was saying and made some bullshit conclusions...
Tbh, the powerblock has actually taught me alot of things about the game.

No, that's the problem, it hasn't taught you a lot at all. How can you say that unless you are me?

it has also given me a chance to play at the top for once.

But not properly. The top ranks this round can hardly be called "the top". That's why most people are calling it a void win.

It does make a change though for the players who normally play at the bottom to now be bashed by people who hardly know how to play the game.

And how is that a good change? :? The people who normally play at the top are there for a reason. In general, they have played their way up over many many rounds, that is WH they are there.

Also, if we are going to end this powerblock it's just going to create another slightly smaller powerblock next round of the same players who win every round.

*If you are threatening people with another powerblock next round* What the ****? Where did you draw that from? good luck finding members as half of TBA have said they'd never participate in a powerblock again and the other half have no chance of winning with 30 vs 20. I can assure you that a TBA powerblocked group will NOT win next round.

This is the first round i've actually slightly enjoyed playing because i know when i log on i'm not going to be smashed into the ground because i've grown in-range of someone who wants my land.

Sorry but if you are that bothered about being zeroed, put a bit more effort in and get into a more decent alliance!

Anyone remember "a noob training alliance"? OH WAIT

You can't call them noobs remember?! You are insulting their veterans.

I called it that as that is what TBA was originally intended for I believe? Noob training? Therefore Rama's argument of "people knew it was coming" isn't valid at all I'm afraid.

Same old **** guys. Cry cry I'm not winning but TBA are.

It's not about not winning, it's the methods that the "winners" used to "win". If you had managed to send as many attacks, and retal as well and defend with just 20 players, I would have been impressed and congratulated you on the win, but you haven't. That is where the problem lies.

If I hadn't joined the powerblock I'd be at rank 500ish being farmed for seeds if I was offline for more than 2 days. The powerblock gave me a chance to play at the top and a chance to relax and still end up in a half decent position in the game.

1) There is a reason why you would be rank 500ish. Re-read your posts. - Yes, i'm sometimes inactive, don't spend 38days of a round at my computer and i'm not always contactable
2) So you are admitting that you are SQing in the powerblock? - No, otherwise i wouldn't be one of the lowest score-ranked players in TBA...

No powerblock, those 60 players get bored, same old veterans winning every round.

The same people do NOT win every round, and you are SO wrong to think that. You clearly have no knowledge of the game at all and no offence but tbf both your posts are ****. The veterans win for a reason - they are better. If people want to play casually and don't want to go ftw, then they don't deserve to win. I don't understand how you can justify them deserving to win by putting no effort in.

Many of these so-called "veterans" you are talking about haven't won every round they have played, and haven't "cried" to this extent when they have lost in the past. Therefore your logic is flawed and you are proven to be wrong.

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Atually he didn't. It is one thing to fight 20 players and completely another to fight 60, spread over 3 alliance who can swap members between eachother with no time penalty.

The currect recruiting system STRONGLY supports exactly this abuse and that is why I think it should be changed.

As for that ally next round, I am not in so it can't be that bad ass ;)

Commy 64

Weeder
There's always going to be dominant alliances. You'll never prevent the powerblock because a subset of people are always going to be FTW. There has to be revisons to the game such that people can still have fun, while not being completely FTW.

For my part, even though my alliance gets constantly pwned, it's been really fun to play with folks who are from other countries and develop a "kinship" with them. Coming from other games liek Ogame and Astroempires, I was struck with the code of honor and honesty amongst many players. Whether it's decrying the use of sleep mode (which I don't necessarily agree with unless it's a strictly FTW alliance) or reporting one of our own members for "multi"...it's been a refreshing foray into a new game for me. Even though we get our asses kicked all the time.

I was also struck by the insidiousness of other players who joined our alliance..then left for a new alliance and gave out all of our IDs (early in the round wh en not everyone knew the basic breakdown of alliances). People that joined for a few days, then left for another alliance and waved us. It really makes one mad..but that also makes for good times.

There's a good base of community here. I think we all have to accept powerblocks and help Azzer make decisions about how to keep the game fun for everyone, FTW or "for the Fun". And let's not be naive...Azzer needs to make his living too. Compared to ogame and Astroempires, I'm very impressed by the interface of bush. He deserves to be able to make a living for this product.

My only regret is that after everything has been decided..there's no way to change routes. As someone new, there's so many routes, and so many things I'd like to try. But I gotta wait till next round...

Changer

Head Gardener

Atually he didn't. It is one thing to fight 20 players and completely another to fight 60, spread over 3 alliance who can swap members between eachother with no time penalty.

The currect recruiting system STRONGLY supports exactly this abuse and that is why I think it should be changed.

As for that ally next round, I am not in so it can't be that bad ass ;)

Im not saying powerblocks are good for the game. Far from it. But because some reasonable players, maybe not great but reasonable players spend their entire time getting bashed around without the opportunity to prove themselves is the reason why such a block has been formed. If the players that fight out the majority of rounds cant see this then I don't know how else to put it. Some of the more recent suggestions to lower activity needed by Polo would go far to seeing that this game is more competitive in my opinion. They would create more targets and larger players all around, giving better wars and battles.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Im not saying powerblocks are good for the game. Far from it. But because some reasonable players, maybe not great but reasonable players spend their entire time getting bashed around without the opportunity to prove themselves is the reason why such a block has been formed. If the players that fight out the majority of rounds cant see this then I don't know how else to put it. Some of the more recent suggestions to lower activity needed by Polo would go far to seeing that this game is more competitive in my opinion. They would create more targets and larger players all around, giving better wars and battles.

What a load of bull... this powerblock leaders are far from newbs. They are extremely skilled and experienced (not so extreme in JJ's case). If it wasn't for SG, JJ and mostly Twigley, this powerblock would have never existed. And since none of the really skilled players would ever agree to play in a winged alliance, they had to recruit some not so skilles and new players.

I've had enough of the "newbs got tired of being bashed and formed a powerblock" excuse. *IF* this powerblock had for leaders players which weren't playing since before round 10, then yes, the powerblock would have been a little big justified I guess. The fact is though, that few experienced players wanted to have an easy victory and since they knew they couldn't beat us alone and since they were to lazy to try it the fun way - with politics - they decided to side with each other and create a winged alliance of not two, but THREE alliances.

Now DA will come and point that this discussion is not about TBA but for future rounds and how much he wants to prevent powerblocking in the rounds to come while thinking it is OK if he is part of one at the moment.

Then Twigley will come and bring thousand of suggestions on how to bring new players to the game because he "likes" bush so much.

Then Steve will come and say how much he doesn't care about winning...

I am getting sick of all the hypocricy...

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Nothing like giving up 20 days before even sign up starts for next round lol

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
/Following the offtopicness:

Line ups with "big names" are often over rated.
There are plenty of players that dont get a chance out there and i try recruit 4/5 every round.

And a wise leading mentor once taught me if you are scared of an alliance because of their names then you will never win. That advice was ftw.

Changer

Head Gardener

What a load of bull... this powerblock leaders are far from newbs. They are extremely skilled and experienced (not so extreme in JJ's case). If it wasn't for SG, JJ and mostly Twigley, this powerblock would have never existed. And since none of the really skilled players would ever agree to play in a winged alliance, they had to recruit some not so skilles and new players.

I've had enough of the "newbs got tired of being bashed and formed a powerblock" excuse. *IF* this powerblock had for leaders players which weren't playing since before round 10, then yes, the powerblock would have been a little big justified I guess. The fact is though, that few experienced players wanted to have an easy victory and since they knew they couldn't beat us alone and since they were to lazy to try it the fun way - with politics - they decided to side with each other and create a winged alliance of not two, but THREE alliances.

Now DA will come and point that this discussion is not about TBA but for future rounds and how much he wants to prevent powerblocking in the rounds to come while thinking it is OK if he is part of one at the moment.

Then Twigley will come and bring thousand of suggestions on how to bring new players to the game because he "likes" bush so much.

Then Steve will come and say how much he doesn't care about winning...

I am getting sick of all the hypocricy...

Who cares about the leaders? They are only 3 out of the 80 or so that must have been with them this round. Theres no point arguing this point. No one wants to, cause they just get told they are wrong. Clearly my and anyone who thinks this way opinions don't have any sway on the game. Only those that finish top 100 or so every round.......

Rama

Pruner
IceOfFire
Head Gardener

IceOfFire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
I think what the game needs is a clear divide in groups of players. For example a number of rounds ago you had a clear divide in player groups.
R25 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew / Podunk and co.
R26 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew (rama leading).
R27 - Twigleys crew and Iofs merged into a 2 wing all SA piss about.
R28 - Podunks crew / Bit of random / Lukeys crew
R29 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew / Ogluks crew (Which had a fair few of iofs old crew fighting v Twigleys crew)
R30 - "Twigleys group" (Even though its not just mine its always said to be / Iofs group / Ogluks group.

(24 - Ramas crew which had lots of "Iofs crew")
(23 - Iofs crew / Lukeys crew)
(22 - Ramas crew)

So ...
Clear divide?
Just took at the last 6 or more rounds there is a clear divide in players and there is alot of "hate" or to word it better rivalry that has been created by past rounds.
Beat me to it dam u!

I apologise if there has been two groups fighting it out but i havent particually played recently, i havent played in a long long time and have only recently returned, not really posted on forums previously either. However i dont think your rivalry and Ramas/IoF stands that true and bloodthirsty as the old rivalries, From what i gather Rama (i have no idea who Rama is btw) is with JJ? in that case your "snapped" to him. Hardly a rivalry if thats the case no?

Since round 25 its happening :p, you need to think in round 26 I created Jizz and in order to avoid Twigley wining again I teamed up with redemption(JJs ally) and killed them. Then on round 27 we decided to have a break of making wining allys and make a full SO allys wich was a complete failure, then on round 28 Lukey created an ally wich was kinda the same crew as twigley and twigley played for another ally wich was also FTW and then you had podunk Crew where I played. And on Round 29 Twigley made another FTW ally and iof and I helped making khaos a FTW ally recruiting same people as on round 23-24-25-26. And this round you have This :p.

Rama

Pruner

Nothing like giving up 20 days before even sign up starts for next round lol

If I have learned something from the past its that there is anything that a good resistance cant kill. You can have the best 20 players at least starters, but vs a good resistance they can fall, might not be easy but meh thats ws make it fun :p. For example I remember 3 rounds, r 26 resistance killing twigley ally, round 28 resistance killing lukeys ally,roun 29 resistance killing Twigley ally, They had awesome line ups, and awesome starters so they on the start took huge advantages, I even I remember on round 26 twigley allys saying best line up ever , etc and still died. Just to prove you they could have names but as I say and repeat there is anything a good resistance cant kill.

:p