Ending Powerblocks :(

Garrett

Landscape Designer
LOL. Wow such a contrast in attitude from your post a few pages ago.

Can't wait to see how you post and how much you are participating in active resistances when you aren't on top next round.

with only 20 days left and the large cash rolls that the powerblock has especially the ones that haven't restarted... 1 person can easily take on 20-30 lower ranked easily. if not more.

this isn't the time to cry about taking a resistance to topple you. only rushes to do damage at this point, hit and fade tactics are going to work here. but it wouldn't dethrone... only annoy those who think they are going to be in the top 10 at rounds end.

please.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Please consider context DA, Then there were between 2000-3000 players meaning that 60 players wasn't that big of a deal. Whereas now you have atleast 3/5 of the active playersbase.

The playerbase hasnt actually declined as much as people think. There wasnt 2000-3000 active players. iirc correctly Azzer said the actual playerbase hasnt really shrunk THAT MUCH there are just less "log in once a week never really doing much" players which made up alot of the often talked about 2000 players!

(sorry to misquote if im wrong, but im sure i remember it being said somewhere ;))

Same old **** guys. Cry cry I'm not winning but TBA are. If you had the brain capacity to realise that to take us down you need skill and a bit of luck. No, you would rather cry to azzer to fix your problems rather than trying to take the challenge of taking us down? I'm sure if you tried you could get like 80-150 players who want to kill TBA.
On a more overall powerblock view, it's mainly about playstyle. If I hadn't joined the powerblock I'd be at rank 500ish being farmed for seeds if I was offline for more than 2 days. The powerblock gave me a chance to play at the top and a chance to relax and still end up in a half decent position in the game. If you think about it this way, say 60 players powerblock. Those 60 players get an easy ride for a round and end up winning. The veteran bushtarion players get upset and start crying because they know they're good enough to win but they aren't winning. No powerblock, those 60 players get bored, same old veterans winning every round. They get upset because they have nothing to play for. It's a 50:50 issue. As I said in my last post, powerblocking was fun for abit but now I miss that equal BR where you just win by a small margin and end up taking big losses while dealing big damage. But I'm sure next round when I'm not powerblocking I'll be sick of the equal BRs and taking big damage. The game just needs more balance so that the not-so hardcore players can play while having fun and the veterans can also play and have fun.
You wonder why the playerbase isn't growing, it's because the same people win every round, but I'm sure they will be just as pissed because they shouldn't be at a disadvantage for being good at the game.
Yeah, just a sum up and some general points.

I agree

Turnip2k

Harvester
Same old **** guys. Cry cry I'm not winning but TBA are. If you had the brain capacity to realise that to take us down you need skill and a bit of luck. No, you would rather cry to azzer to fix your problems rather than trying to take the challenge of taking us down? I'm sure if you tried you could get like 80-150 players who want to kill TBA.
On a more overall powerblock view, it's mainly about playstyle. If I hadn't joined the powerblock I'd be at rank 500ish being farmed for seeds if I was offline for more than 2 days. The powerblock gave me a chance to play at the top and a chance to relax and still end up in a half decent position in the game. If you think about it this way, say 60 players powerblock. Those 60 players get an easy ride for a round and end up winning. The veteran bushtarion players get upset and start crying because they know they're good enough to win but they aren't winning. No powerblock, those 60 players get bored, same old veterans winning every round. They get upset because they have nothing to play for. It's a 50:50 issue. As I said in my last post, powerblocking was fun for abit but now I miss that equal BR where you just win by a small margin and end up taking big losses while dealing big damage. But I'm sure next round when I'm not powerblocking I'll be sick of the equal BRs and taking big damage. The game just needs more balance so that the not-so hardcore players can play while having fun and the veterans can also play and have fun.
You wonder why the playerbase isn't growing, it's because the same people win every round, but I'm sure they will be just as pissed because they shouldn't be at a disadvantage for being good at the game.

The latter part of your message I can see where you are coming from - but the first part is slightly obtuse. 'We are going to make the game boring for everyone, but absolve ourselves of responsibility because someone should be stopping us' doesnt ring too well in my ears - take some responsibility for your actions. The way this round has gone is the largely the fault of TBA, the playerbase not stopping it only makes the problem worse.

I can see some reason in your arguement in the latter half against the vets, but the powerblock isn't just affecting them. There are hundreds of other people in the game, who, like you were, are now being farmed for seeds and bashed a far higher rate due to scores being less spread out. You are making the very issues you are complaining about worse. Nice.

Matthew

BANNED
Please consider context DA, Then there were between 2000-3000 players meaning that 60 players wasn't that big of a deal. Whereas now you have atleast 3/5 of the active playersbase.

The playerbase hasnt actually declined as much as people think. There wasnt 2000-3000 active players. iirc correctly Azzer said the actual playerbase hasnt really shrunk THAT MUCH there are just less "log in once a week never really doing much" players which made up alot of the often talked about 2000 players!

(sorry to misquote if im wrong, but im sure i remember it being said somewhere ;))

you think all the players now are active? Noone is active outside of the powerblock now pin. Noone. There is actually no point, if we steal land, TBA remind us we have a land cap.

The playerbase now is actually miniscule. but you wouldn't realise this as you've been at the top all round so it isn't as apparant to you.

Remember pin everything Azzer says isn't going to be 100% true, do you really think he wants to openly admit that his game is dying? To some extent he is going to bend the truth to ensure that he doesn't lose all his golden oldies and that faith remains in the game.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

I agree

I am sorry but you did make a big mistake the 2 of you...You said 60 people won?? Well if i check alliance standings, Inimical won.

The other 40 are second and third. Only one winner, everyone else is the next loser...shame u wasted your round thinking you have won! hahahaha

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
I am sorry but you did make a big mistake the 2 of you...You said 60 people won?? Well if i check alliance standings, Inimical won.

The other 40 are second and third. Only one winner, everyone else is the next loser.

Well I guess 20 people can congratulate themselves with being the best of the losers, but what about the 20 that end up being runners up even for that! :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
hey let's remake the game into thunderdome! 2 players enter, 1 player leaves!

TehPantz

Head Gardener

Im not crying (boo hoo) about people winning, im crying about Azzer losing out on money that runs this game.

Ahead

Head Gardener
Tbh, the powerblock has actually taught me alot of things about the game.

No, that's the problem, it hasn't taught you a lot at all.

it has also given me a chance to play at the top for once.

But not properly. The top ranks this round can hardly be called "the top". That's why most people are calling it a void win.

It does make a change though for the players who normally play at the bottom to now be bashed by people who hardly know how to play the game.

And how is that a good change? :? The people who normally play at the top are there for a reason. In general, they have played their way up over many many rounds, that is WH they are there.

Also, if we are going to end this powerblock it's just going to create another slightly smaller powerblock next round of the same players who win every round.

If you are threatening people with another powerblock next round good luck finding members as half of TBA have said they'd never participate in a powerblock again and the other half have no chance of winning with 30 vs 20. I can assure you that a TBA powerblocked group will NOT win next round.

This is the first round i've actually slightly enjoyed playing because i know when i log on i'm not going to be smashed into the ground because i've grown in-range of someone who wants my land.

Sorry but if you are that bothered about being zeroed, put a bit more effort in and get into a more decent alliance![/QUOTE]

Anyone remember "a noob training alliance"? OH WAIT

You can't call them noobs remember?! You are insulting their veterans.

I called it that as that is what TBA was originally intended for I believe? Noob training? Therefore Rama's argument of "people knew it was coming" isn't valid at all I'm afraid.

Same old **** guys. Cry cry I'm not winning but TBA are.

It's not about not winning, it's the methods that the "winners" used to "win". If you had managed to send as many attacks, and retal as well and defend with just 20 players, I would have been impressed and congratulated you on the win, but you haven't. That is where the problem lies.

If I hadn't joined the powerblock I'd be at rank 500ish being farmed for seeds if I was offline for more than 2 days. The powerblock gave me a chance to play at the top and a chance to relax and still end up in a half decent position in the game.

1) There is a reason why you would be rank 500ish. Re-read your posts.
2) So you are admitting that you are SQing in the powerblock?

No powerblock, those 60 players get bored, same old veterans winning every round.

The same people do NOT win every round, and you are SO wrong to think that. You clearly have no knowledge of the game at all and no offence but tbf both your posts are ****. The veterans win for a reason - they are better. If people want to play casually and don't want to go ftw, then they don't deserve to win. I don't understand how you can justify them deserving to win by putting no effort in.

Many of these so-called "veterans" you are talking about haven't won every round they have played, and haven't "cried" to this extent when they have lost in the past. Therefore your logic is flawed and you are proven to be wrong.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
oh ahead, i was jokingly paraphrasing some of their rebuttals. don't take that post serially. ;)

but as I said before... i believe that if the HQ and alliance system gets a major overhaul then people can start taking personal pride (more than just score) over having their HQ... because the HQ and alliance will be more meaningful.

then i think you will see more individual alliance pride and working to their own goals. politics and siding with others will always happen... but give people a reason to band together within their own borders (alliance) and see what happens.

Tombi

Harvester

But not properly. The top ranks this round can hardly be called "the top". That's why most people are calling it a void win.

It does make a change though for the players who normally play at the bottom to now be bashed by people who hardly know how to play the game.

And how is that a good change? :? The people who normally play at the top are there for a reason. In general, they have played their way up over many many rounds, that is WH they are there.

Also, if we are going to end this powerblock it's just going to create another slightly smaller powerblock next round of the same players who win every round.

If you are threatening people with another powerblock next round good luck finding members as half of TBA have said they'd never participate in a powerblock again and the other half have no chance of winning with 30 vs 20. I can assure you that a TBA powerblocked group will NOT win next round.

This is the first round i've actually slightly enjoyed playing because i know when i log on i'm not going to be smashed into the ground because i've grown in-range of someone who wants my land.

Sorry but if you are that bothered about being zeroed, put a bit more effort in and get into a more decent alliance!

I called it that as that is what TBA was originally intended for I believe? Noob training? Therefore Rama's argument of "people knew it was coming" isn't valid at all I'm afraid.

It's not about not winning, it's the methods that the "winners" used to "win". If you had managed to send as many attacks, and retal as well and defend with just 20 players, I would have been impressed and congratulated you on the win, but you haven't. That is where the problem lies.

If I hadn't joined the powerblock I'd be at rank 500ish being farmed for seeds if I was offline for more than 2 days. The powerblock gave me a chance to play at the top and a chance to relax and still end up in a half decent position in the game.

No powerblock, those 60 players get bored, same old veterans winning every round.

The same people do NOT win every round, and you are SO wrong to think that. You clearly have no knowledge of the game at all and no offence but tbf both your posts are ****. The veterans win for a reason - they are better. If people want to play casually and don't want to go ftw, then they don't deserve to win. I don't understand how you can justify them deserving to win by putting no effort in.

Many of these so-called "veterans" you are talking about haven't won every round they have played, and haven't "cried" to this extent when they have lost in the past. Therefore your logic is flawed and you are proven to be wrong.

Yes and your not in TBA, you don't know what goes on inside so i'm wondering why you think nothing has been taught and JubJub hasn't learnt anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew

BANNED
Yes and your not in TBA, you don't know what goes on inside so i'm wondering why you think nothing has been taught and JubJub hasn't learnt anything?

I WAS in TBA, you learnt f*** all. Not only was it shown back then by your evident incompetence whilst being in there but it is also illustrated now by your current inability to do anything.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Because a huge majority of you cant attack or read/understand spy reports

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Sorry but if you are that bothered about being zeroed, put a bit more effort in and get into a more decent alliance!

Because we can read his posts? :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon
In all honestly would it be that hard to make a new amendment to the EULA (kinda like Martin said) saying, that "Agreeing to not attack each other as a group over x ticks, is not allowed and will be punished by Admin troops" or "any known Winged allies (not power blocks because a winged ally is the same as a power block only the power block succeeded) will be punished by admin troops" and then when the next round starts make everyone that makes an ID re-accept the EULA. its pretty easy to spot a "wing/power block" so make it against the rules. problem solved, no need to spend hours trying to think of ways to "prevent it" when you can just stop it...

Seriously you're making this harder than it needs to be.

p.s.
i swear on all that i have, i will never be in a power block again.

Nagash

Weeder
I think what the game needs is a clear divide in groups of players. For example a number of rounds ago you had a clear divide in player groups.

Angelas group (long standing old chool players)

Welshies group

Martins group (from time to time)

Virus

There was almost a hatred between these groups but also one of respect, it made the game interesting. From what ive seen now its generally every man for hire each round, theres no consistent groups or commitment/loayalty to a playerbase in quite the same way there was.

This is all something that Azzer has no controll over; and hence something that made the game enjoyable.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I completely disagree with that! that makes every round boring and the same witht he same group, that leaves no room for improvement, those were the rounds when no one knew who i was, when i was in some rank 15 ally being the most active most land stole but always losing land, because i couldn't get into a decent ally. now that those groups are gone, you see a lot more new players becoming known and making a name for themselves and if new players have no chance of getting into a pre established group then they will more than likely quit the game for goo.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I think what the game needs is a clear divide in groups of players. For example a number of rounds ago you had a clear divide in player groups.

Angelas group (long standing old chool players)

Welshies group

Martins group (from time to time)

Virus

There was almost a hatred between these groups but also one of respect, it made the game interesting. From what ive seen now its generally every man for hire each round, theres no consistent groups or commitment/loayalty to a playerbase in quite the same way there was.

This is all something that Azzer has no controll over; and hence something that made the game enjoyable.
I agree, it was so much fun having the same core alliances fighting every round, it made everyone a lot more blood thirsty and people didn't tend to quit/become inactive just because they didn't win a round as much as they do now. However, it is something Azzer has some control over - he can implement an alliance profile system similar to user profiles, as I have suggested in the past.
I completely disagree with that! that makes every round boring and the same witht he same group, that leaves no room for improvement, those were the rounds when no one knew who i was, when i was in some rank 15 ally being the most active most land stole but always losing land, because i couldn't get into a decent ally. now that those groups are gone, you see a lot more new players becoming known and making a name for themselves and if new players have no chance of getting into a pre established group then they will more than likely quit the game for goo.
That's a load of rubbish. All you needed to do was impress one of the core alliance leaders and not be a moron and you'd often get picked up for the next round or maybe watched some more and picked up for a couple of rounds time. It's kind of like trying to impress scouts, I guess. :p

For example, I started talking to Martin in my first round and ended up playing with him over the next few rounds and through him met more experienced players etc. And back in r20 or so, we both saw icy playing in his first round could tell he was going to be a good player so recruited him for the next round.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

R25 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew / Podunk and co.
R26 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew (rama leading).
R27 - Twigleys crew and Iofs merged into a 2 wing all SA piss about.
R28 - Podunks crew / Bit of random / Lukeys crew
R29 - Twigleys crew / Iofs crew / Ogluks crew (Which had a fair few of iofs old crew fighting v Twigleys crew)
R30 - "Twigleys group" (Even though its not just mine its always said to be / Iofs group / Ogluks group.

(24 - Ramas crew which had lots of "Iofs crew")
(23 - Iofs crew / Lukeys crew)
(22 - Ramas crew)

So ...
Clear divide?
Just took at the last 6 or more rounds there is a clear divide in players and there is alot of "hate" or to word it better rivalry that has been created by past rounds.