Bush Meet 2009 - Location Vote

Bush Meet 2009 - Location Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve_God

Official Helper
I would put down a £30 deposit today, if the Bush Meet was to be held in: (tick all above that are appropriate).

(Any international players; please assume that international travel links will be available for any venue picked)

I would like to suggest we have a vote post, with the option of selecting more than one option, with a question along the lines of:
"I would put down a £30 deposit today, if the Bush Meet was to be held in:
- The South West (Cornwall, Devon, etc...)
- The South East (London and surrounding areas)
- East Anglia (Norfolk, etc...)
- Wales (Where the sheep live...)
- The West Midlands (Birmingham, etc...)
- The East Midlands (Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Lincolnshire, etc...)
- The North West (Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster, etc...)
- The North East (Newcastle, etc...)
- Scotland (Glasgow, Edinborough, etc...)
- Anywhere

As the last BM failed due to the lack of numbers, this should help any potential organisers see what areas of the country would be appropriate to hold a BM.

This doesn't mean that I'm going to definitely organise it or anything yet... but I thought I'd help the process along! :)

marvin

Tree Surgeon
And lets just get this on the record, Northern Ireland is not abroad! Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. There's just a little bit of water between us and the 'mainland'.

:p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
English/Foreign guys going to N.Ire?

Good luck with that ... i only get away with it because my dads irish and i look irish ;P

marvin

Tree Surgeon
i only get away with it because my dads irish and i look irish ;P

Aye, you do look like a bit of a cultchie :p

My point is, N.Ire weren't included in the poll yet other UK countries where. Is Bushtarion discriminating against us N.Irish folk?? :eek:

Wee jokes :p I know it would take a proper miracle for the Bushmeet to be held in Belfast anyways.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Leicester/Reading

or London
or anywhere i can get to in a short train ride from either of Leicester or Reading \o/

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Forgive me for being cynical, and I know this is still the brainstorming stage blah blah etc....but I'll believe it when I see it. It's now been two bush meets in a row that have ended up fizzling out and not happening.

Munky started organising one then kinda disappeared. Then Bobbin tried organising one but despite the initial enthusiasm from many people it ended up being cancelled due to most of these people not paying up when push came to shove. I mean hell, even when you yourself organised one Steve_God (successfully) you ended up out of pocket due to certain people going back on their word.

Notice how everyone's picking their local area as their favourite choice, that's fair enough, it's only natural. But most people then don't even bother going when it takes longer then 2 hours to get there.

If any players from overseas is considering going to any future bush meet I'd strongly advise you to make damned sure it's definitely 100% going ahead before booking plane tickets and such. Remember what happened to Dematto? He ended up being stuck with a non-refundable plane ticket for a bush meet which had been cancelled. Yeah it worked out OK in the end for him but it's still not exactly a desirable position to end up in.

I guess bush meets need a kinda "critical mass" of people committing for it to work, if everyone waits for enough people to commit before committing themselves then it'll never happen. Guess that's what happened last time. I'm well aware that there's been successful bush meets in the past, perhaps the recent failures are a result of the smaller player base. Shrug. Good luck though!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
if its in leicester ill be there for definate, although ill have a place to stay outsde of the bush meet

Steve_God

Official Helper
Leicester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is it 6 months after I move AWAY from Leicester, everyone wants a Bush Meet there :p
cause we know ur nt here anymore :p where abouts in leicester were u?
Used to live out in the sticks (West Leicestershire, in-between Hinckley & Coalville) but used to work just off New Walk for a few years, and also in the Town Hall itself just before I moved up North :)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
London & surroundings is probably the best if people are going to fly in from Europe/Netherlands. Brighton isn't bad too, seeying it'll likely be held somewhere in a couple months, weather might be good.

Charlie_B

Harvester
You've managed to entirely miss off the biggest (and best) county in the country? :p

/parochial rant

I've not voted because I can't commit to a deposit for anything at the moment, unfortunately, but I'd be interested in going anywhere if I can get a lift from a local bushie. My instinct is that the next bush meet will occur when a smallish group of people decide firmly to get together and organise something then let other people come along if they want, rather than one person planning and organising a big operation like the previous meets.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
people all assume you have to pay aswell, obviously there is traveling expenses but why doesnt someone put up there house for a party? :p