• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Locked Fools

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If you are locked, why can you not be attacked? Locked means they cannot do anything (defend, be defended, or attack) but why should we not be able to attack them?

If someone has lots of land and easy troops to kill, surely it's just plain mean to delete all their land and possible bounty from the game? Give people the option to attack if they want, they don't have to so there is no threat, but it gives an option to keep the land in the game!

Yes?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I assume this is the case because they might be unlocked again. And I also think it is to prevent say a top alliance to masswave a locked member to regain it's acres. A solution might be - instead of deleting - to open up the ID for attacks from anyone that is not in the alliance he was in. Though that is easily worked around by going solo for a brief period of time.

Perhaps he shouldn't be attacked by anyone he was ever defended by? That still doesn't solve it when people use wings as TBA (the winning ally) in this round.

Or you can just randomly distribute it to the bots ;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I assume this is the case because they might be unlocked again. And I also think it is to prevent say a top alliance to masswave a locked member to regain it's acres. A solution might be - instead of deleting - to open up the ID for attacks from anyone that is not in the alliance he was in. Though that is easily worked around by going solo for a brief period of time.

Perhaps he shouldn't be attacked by anyone he was ever defended by? That still doesn't solve it when people use wings as TBA (the winning ally) in this round.

Or you can just randomly distribute it to the bots ;)

Aye. Chewie for example was locked, then later unlocked. There'd have been land in the game there shouldn't have been if he'd been rapable after being deleted.

I see what you're saying, perhaps at a push Azzer could flag deleted accounts as genuinely marked for deletion (without the possibility of coming back)

Souls

Official Helper
Or after the 3-day lockage, instead of deleting the account just turn it in to a bot with all the current land and troops, opening it back up into the game.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Or after 48 hours it then becomes fair game, so for 24 hours the individual can be pillaged. If they are going to be unlocked it should be before that time anyway?

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I thought about suggesting something a little while back (but I was lazy ¬¬) where a persons land is evenly distributed among the bots when their ID actually deletes. Whether by self deletion, or through admin deletion. That way no land ever leaves the game. I just think it's a crying shame when an ID with 10k land is deleted :(
The land going to the bots may make it easier for lower ranked people to steal for a while, but land always trickles up eventually, so it would even out again.
You could still implement Martin's idea if you wanted, then just distribute the remaining land to the bots when it finally deletes.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Only issue I can see with this is if someone was locked, had a valid reason to be unlocked, and didn't reply to Azzers question about the incident until several days later. (which could happen to a non-active player or someone on holdiay)

Other than that, good suggestion!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i like the idea of not wasting the land. i think distribution among bots is the fairest way to disperse the land. Else as mentioned the persons own allie will most likely be the first to find the locked target and capatalise.

though would be cool if those who had thier land stolen by the perp. had the chance to attack him back and steal back what was taken. but this could be quite an unfeasible option.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
on the subject of locked IDs i still think that the reason for them being locked should be displayed for everyone to see...rather than a "Name and Shame" list just have it so when you hover over the players name there is a note on the tooltip e.g "Admin Locked - Multi Offence" or similar.

x

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I sometimes scrawl some personal/humorous admin messages as a lock reason for the offender to read that probably wouldn't look very professional if everyone else could read them too, ahem ahem ;)

As for the suggestion... the best way to do it would be at the point of *deletion*, so there's no question of whether they are being unlocked or not since the code's just about to delete the account, grab the land count and spread it through all the bots evenly or something.