Nasty Changes - Member Defence Change

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Tbh i think a bit of notice wouldnt have hurt...especially seeing as its left a number of people out of their alliance...

even if you just gave 2 hours notice...then any current attacks wouldnt benefit from this.

I still maintain the timing is very suspicious if you claim it wasnt deliberate! ;)
You are sly like a fish Azzman!
x

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well to believe anything other than innocent timing Pin, would be to believe two things:

* I already had coded a fix to an exploit I knew you guys were using and decided to allow you to continue using it. So beliefe 1 would be that I fix bugs and exploits but withold those fixes even if I know people are abusing them or not.
* I was "stalking" your alliance and intentionally intended to pick the "best/worst time" before I implemented this pre-prepared fix, which even as unbelievable as this is by itself, would also be risking either a best/worst time simply never coming, or me being unavailable when it happened - and me being unavailable is highly likely given my mis-fortune medically or just regular sleep/day to day patterns in the past few weeks. Hell I've been in bed for the majority of today and on the phone to the NHS early this morning asking if I can overdose my painkillers in an emergency (yes, I can, and did/have :p). I got out of bed about 4 PM or so, got inspired while browsing through the code I had open, and had the fix uploaded and implemented shortly after!

As for giving "notice" before uploading the fix, that is just going back to point #2 in my previous post - willingly allowing people to exploit and allowing them time to finish exploiting/make the most of their exploits before I fix. This would be a very dishonest way of admin-ing a game.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Lol, okay Azzman!

Im still crying inside! :(

I blame changer! It was all his idea!

x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I have talked to Azzer of this change since he introduced idea of this new recruitment system. I have myself been one pushing it throught all round.

I am glad it finally got fixed and way to abuse the system is no more.

Thank you Azzer. Changing the running games code is always risky and you did it on fairly fast pace taking consideration the time it took from you.

Thank you once more.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
(just to clarify BW's wording there... the idea of preventing defence on new members wasn't discussed with anyone before, what was discussed was the abuse of the current system and possible fixes - with BW in the past I'd discussed the chance of making it so a new member couldn't be "accepted" in to an alliance for at least X ticks after they applied to join an ally, to prevent "instant hops when defence is needed"... but I realised this could be abused by having all members of wing A apply to join wing B at round start, and only be accepted when the defence was needed... and I didn't want to make recruit requests time out etc. etc... this new "no defence" system seems the best way to prevent all abuse without actually limiting whatsoever the new features/system)

Podunk

Head Gardener
Ahahaha I can't help but laugh.

Alliances aren't meant to have outside the alliance help. Remember no ANAPs or PNAPs? Learn to defend with what you guys have.

If you can't handle that then I hope all of your acres are carted off, and that your troops die a miserable miserable death.

Better yet I like how some of these "Bushtarion Mods/Helpers" are all about exploiting loopholes to better their chances to win. Way to show newcomers that this game is fair.

Seriously, morals anyone?

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I think BW is the biggest Hypocrite on the face of bushtarion !!! :D ahahaha
every single thing he has ever complained about this round has been something he is infact doing this round. Make up your mind?~!?!?!

You must die for Wings
(He Wings)
I really wanted azzer to fix this problem, its a bad things, i'm glad he fixed it
(We got the idea from you!!!!)

So are you for wings? or against
and
are you for the fix? or against

because you've mastered the art of contradiction

Matthew

BANNED
you've mastered the art of "whining like a little *****". Oh wait thats contradiction too with the entire TBA approach of "stop complaining and do something about it!"

So azzer thought "Lol they be beggin for itz, feel my leet leet leetness!!"

Ultimately www.lolatdavis.com/crymore

can I have a little more flame here ? - HG

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_God

Official Helper
Such a hilarious thread! Maybe if you noobs had organised defence like a proper alliance, instead of relying on exploiting a loophole to cover incs then it wouldn't have made a difference. It just shows how bad the organisation is TBA is really.. you can't organise proper defence.

A large number of the people in TBA are absolute hypocrites.
We did keep saying that we were just a bunch of massing n00bs... but did you believe us, noooooo.... :lol:

WildDisease

Pruner
IMO,
pinpower is a cigarette (fag).

unapproved since there has been another comment on this post- HG

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Such a hilarious thread! Maybe if you noobs had organised defence like a proper alliance, instead of relying on exploiting a loophole to cover incs then it wouldn't have made a difference. It just shows how bad the organisation is TBA is really.. you can't organise proper defence.

A large number of the people in TBA are absolute hypocrites.
We did keep saying that we were just a bunch of massing n00bs... but did you believe us, noooooo.... :lol:

ermm NO you didnt.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
sure it was bad timing to change things around, but if both armies pray to their god, he can only choose one, its a sign i say! TBA will fall! Azzer wills it so!

ViVi

Pruner
We're back to the whole, "Oh, they abused something but it's oh so unfair when people moan at us for abusing it!" thing, are we?

To be honest, most of you are as bad as each other. Just don't post and stop embarrassing yourselves. You stuck yourselves up on the pedestal of amazing ability and skill, so find a "skilful" way around it. I'm sure you're good enough to get over it, just like everybody else.

And yes, I agree with Davis on Blackwolf. I'll let you work out which part if you're that bothered by my own opinions.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I think BW is the biggest Hypocrite on the face of bushtarion !!! :D ahahaha
every single thing he has ever complained about this round has been something he is infact doing this round. Make up your mind?~!?!?!

You must die for Wings
(He Wings)
I really wanted azzer to fix this problem, its a bad things, i'm glad he fixed it
(We got the idea from you!!!!)

So are you for wings? or against
and
are you for the fix? or against

because you've mastered the art of contradiction
You really should get your facts straight before you try to accuse others, you can go on this personal crusade of yours for as long as you like but know that it will not increase peoples respect towards you, twisting the things for your benefit is actually worse than misundesrtanding what I say. Thank you.

1. I made wings ONLY because twigley had 3 wings. Making me hypocrite how? Hell yes I dislike winging in a way Twigleys group did it with current playerbase. Yet if I am forced to fight against 3 alliances I rather do it with two than with one.

2. If there is some loophole in the system I ALWAYS notice Azzer of it. It still doesnt make me hypocrite to use that loophole as long as it exists. I would only be stupid not to use it where others would. Isnt it best I can do to the situation to notify Azzer? After that I have done my best to that thing and if I wouldnt use it then I would only give others advantage over me and be nothing else but stupid.

Where is the hypocrisy here? I am against wings and I am againt loopholes. It doesnt mean I couldnt be forced to use both if I see those to be my only option to compete with others.

The contradiction is only in your head as my way to work is very logical, I have always explained myself and my doings if I am asked and many of others seem to understand these things very well.

I wish you from now on contact me in PM or make separate thread, if you have something personal towards me, instead of making offtopic posts of the thing to threads where my doings are not the topic but something else is.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
They are not my wings.
How many times do you have to be told you foo.

I own Overlude.
JJ owns Inimical.
SG owns SexehGrannies.

You own 2 wings.

This is the point...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Twigs wings... ahahhaa live with what you have done... and once again going off topic. So why to come here to defend your stupid wings when this topic is not even about you?

btw I own 0 alliances currently at least by your therms.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
If you were arguing the fact that they were not your wings your point is taken and my post were redundant. I took your post as if you were arguing against the three ingame alliances being the same alliance/group.