• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Get these forums under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I am really tired to read forums where people post stuff like:
"Why?"
"you suck"
etc.

I think it is time to get these forums under control for age 5. We have rule to stick to topic and if that rule is as hallow as it is now... which means that no punishments are given for people just making BS posts these forums will stay as big BS as they are now.

There is spam section for such posts. So people should learn to use it. In any other case they should stick to topic and make usefull comments which are not cathercorized as spam, or they have ability to make new threads for their off-topic comments. By such simple thing we would increase readability and usefullness of these forums a lot. Same time showing that we dont need idiots who have nothing else to say but "yeah" on here commenting on anything. If people have something to say they will find smart way to say it without making others of us to read throught miles of BS posts.

I here by ask for Azzer to tighten mods control over forums and make them give first warning and then 1 week ban for every off-topic comment we get on forums from now on.

Thank you.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Re: Get these forums under control.

Oh my little war puppy,
Azzer has already stated that he will be redefining rules and replacing/rehiring the entire op/mod staff. However, if you want people banned for BS posts you should take a long hard look in the mirror. People have the right to contribute , even if it is only a bit of spam.

I have been one of harshest critics thus far, but after speaking personally with Azzer I believe there will be some positive changes made. But first and formost WE all need to stop being hypocrites and decide what we want. If we want the forums to be a friendly place we MUST to allow everyone to speak no matter how moronic, insignificant or wrong we deem that person to be. Everyone wants to draw the line in different places and everyone of us is so selfish we can't take a moment to realize there is no way Azzer could please us all, even if he wanted to. FFS...

We draw the line at obscenties, personal attacks and cheating. Now in the spirit of your original post can we have one fewer thread calling for change that we already know is in the works?

Put down your **** stirrer for a bit and let the dust settle so we can seethe future more clearly : )

<3 always
Tana

No-Dachi

Official Helper

harriergirl said:
If we want the forums to be a friendly place we MUST to allow everyone to speak no matter how moronic, insignificant or wrong we deem that person to be.

Wrong.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

You know what I'm really tired of? Reading **** like this thread. Maybe if you put thought into actual suggestions rather than just attention-seeking people would find you less of a joke.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Well I can see BWs point, most posts following his in this thread is pointless spam, we dont really need it. But then again some spam makes me laugh, ok maybe smile, in which case i dont really mind.

But i dont think spam is the problem with these forums. I think it is the useless flaming that goes on. Half the threads started these days turn into an argument, sometimes not even related to the topic at hand. And then the argument continues to propagate through continual ignorance and spite. People have different opinions and some are fixed about these, then people try to convince everyone else that they are right and the other person is wrong. From here people continue to repeat their argument over and over again, the only thing changing their wording, and the occasional insult thrown in.

Im over it, reading peoples BS, over and over, and the flaming of people who have different opinions.

Im also sick of people who get agitated because someone says they dont like their suggestion. Hack it and get over it. We are not trying to insult you, we just dont agree, so dont start flaming me.

That is my opinion, i have nothing further to say in this thread, please post yours, but dont flame me.

Sekishi

Pruner

Well BlackWolf, its been a while since i last visited the board, and guess why ? The same reasons you mentioned. The current game elite are mostly extremly selfcentered in their posting, like they bash, insult and propoganda in the "Bad way" atlest back when we went on it was always Group vs Group on a very clear line, now its just a all out Flame fest to see who can piss people off the most. I really dislike reading these boards now, never anything interesting. And sad to say this last part, not worth posting suggestions on anymore either. I'll probably stay away intil a round after Age 5 is out, to see if Azzer can actualy keep up with what he has "Promised". Sadly to say, I will belive it only when i see it. But hey, Azzer has atlest always been decent on this part when we compare it to things like Units and Ballance where he keeps proving quite lacking, but hey.. thats where the players are supposed to speek up right ? And when all we find pretty much on the board are people who wants to keep unbalanced things that benefit themself or unballance things more to benefit themselfs its probably not strange with all the huge misteps made over the rounds.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

and here we all kept hoping you might have passed on.

i mean think of all the energy you'd save instead of always playing the victim. you are too good for us anyway.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Sekishi said:
Well BlackWolf, its been a while since i last visited the board, and guess why ? The same reasons you mentioned. The current game elite are mostly extremly selfcentered in their posting, like they bash, insult and propoganda in the "Bad way" atlest back when we went on it was always Group vs Group on a very clear line, now its just a all out Flame fest to see who can piss people off the most. I really dislike reading these boards now, never anything interesting. And sad to say this last part, not worth posting suggestions on anymore either. I'll probably stay away intil a round after Age 5 is out, to see if Azzer can actualy keep up with what he has "Promised". Sadly to say, I will belive it only when i see it. But hey, Azzer has atlest always been decent on this part when we compare it to things like Units and Ballance where he keeps proving quite lacking, but hey.. thats where the players are supposed to speek up right ? And when all we find pretty much on the board are people who wants to keep unbalanced things that benefit themself or unballance things more to benefit themselfs its probably not strange with all the huge misteps made over the rounds.

Oh its his highness sordes sat on his royal high horse. As garrett says stop playing the victim all the time and making yourself out to be better than everybody else, you are not, you are equally as bad if not more as the majourity on this forum. And Don't start saying anything about flaming because in the past you have given out more than your fair share of flaming, hypocrit.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Sekishi said:

I have to say Garrett and Cheese actually have a point ( :idea: ). You've come on to the forums, under your... 5th (?) ever identity, after disappearing from the game and community for so long... and feel you can insult not just all of the other players & community of the game, but insult me personally and the game itself. I question your sanity, man of many identities, and have to say that your post is highly hypocritical.

Posts like yours above are some of the worst on this forum for making the community drop like a rock, making the "air" bad, and making anyone new to the forums think "What the hell?". You've spun more negatives in to your post than most of the "flamers" you criticise could ever manage, and you've managed to do it to the entire game, it's players, and it's creator. You think you're better than everybody else? I say you're one of the worst in this community. 'Sordes' disappeared many years ago, his many virtual identities since then have simple degraded from the person who once had the respect of the playerbase many years ago... and the "power" of his voice/posts have turned in to the ramblings of a bitter and twisted old man that mumbles to himself.

Don't pretend you want improvements to the game or community when all you seem to do is sully and ruin it, especially given the ignorance you've demonstrated above.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
F0xx and Cheese yet again proves why Sordes even made his post.

Excuse me?

On topic though, Sordes, I used to have a lot of respect for you. Quite an ironic post though.

Oh and btw we have a group vs group flaming now, happy?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
F0xx and Cheese yet again proves why Sordes even made his post.

once again you have proven to everyone that you don't read for comprehension. you only post in this thread to further your own agenda, you have no real care or love of the game.

the cancer doesn't consider itself evil. it just continues to consume as that is it's job.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Author: BlackWolf
Post subject: Get these forums under control.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

twigley i appreciate you trying to keep up with the conversation. i'm sorry that it was lost on you. there are people to help you, all you need to do is ask.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Think it best I lock this thread now :p

Forum mods/ops/helpers all getting a re-jig during the first few weeks of Age 5 anyway, on the topic of managing the forums, with a new set of forum rules, and a set of moderator rules, being worked on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.