• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Petition: Don't take away the 'of'!

Steve_God

Official Helper
Re: Petition: Don't take away the 'of'!

Just think of the fun that can be had without having the 'of'...

News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 50,000 people from Sexual Position [69] will arrive to attack you.

News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 100,150,000 people from That Big Scary Thing Under The Bed [3182] will arrive to attack you.

News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 1,337 people from The Answer To Everything [42] will arrive to attack you.

SOOOOO many more Username/ID Number possibilities! :)

And for that... I shall not be signing it...

Elderveld

Official Helper

Whitout the 'of' i can use many, MANY more dutch names... so sorry! dont mind it getting removed!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The "of" is for tradition only, and limits progress. Making registration, and the whole signup process much simpler to new players is one of the key improvements to age 5 (along with the front page changes etc.).

The "of" is disappearing, but those of you that like to demonstrate your hardcore traditionalism or show your root, I invite/encourage you to still manually put the word "of" in to your names. Those of you that want to progress and come up with even more inventive things, can do away with the of and be free ;)

I appreciate that "of" is very traditional and feels like part of "Bush", but ask yourself - what does it bring that is beneficial to the progress of the game, that it's removal will not bring, other than "uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness" or "traditionalism for the sake of traditionalism".

It's not just going, but it's already gone, it's fate has been sealed :p

Koeniej

Harvester

I will definately keep the 'of' in my name! :D

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Azzer said:
I appreciate that "of" is very traditional and feels like part of "Bush", but ask yourself - what does it bring that is beneficial to the progress of the game, that it's removal will not bring, other than "uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness" or "traditionalism for the sake of traditionalism".

Oh well, I guess you are right this time... just this time... sucker :p

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Azzer said:
The "of" is disappearing, but those of you that like to demonstrate your hardcore traditionalism or show your root, I invite/encourage you to still manually put the word "of" in to your names.

Next round's name:

I am Azzer, Supporter of Pointless Changes [XXXX]

:winner:

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Azzer said:
The "of" is for tradition only, and limits progress. Making registration, and the whole signup process much simpler to new players is one of the key improvements to age 5 (along with the front page changes etc.).

The "of" is disappearing, but those of you that like to demonstrate your hardcore traditionalism or show your root, I invite/encourage you to still manually put the word "of" in to your names. Those of you that want to progress and come up with even more inventive things, can do away with the of and be free ;)

It's not just going, but it's already gone, it's fate has been sealed :p

I'm over protesting! But I challenge anyone to and of off!

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Anything which gets rid of those immensely crappy backwards names gets a thumbs up in my books