Mini Tournament

moorer

Pruner
Re: Mini Tournament

If i was forced to play with people who i thought didn't give a damn about winning then i wouldn't register an ID.

As a leader i KNOW there is nothing more frustrating than seeing 7/8 guys playing and the rest taking the complete piss with their activity.

Moorer - please look at it from both sides - the reason these players play together is that they know the other players have their back rather than these wanna bee's that dont.

It's not a farce.
It's how most of life works.

I don't see you looking at the argument from both sides either.

To you it seems to be all about winning at any cost never mind whether anyone is having fun. You group together because you know you stand more chance of winning if you do its got nothing to do with "watching backs" at all.

I am not against players forming an alliance with their friends but I believe competition will be improved by having 9/10 alliances with 6-10 or so "active" players each and the rest of the alliance not so active rather than 2/3 alliances packed with 20 active players.

I look at it from the point of view of a prospective new player. What is there to attract them? No prospect of winning, no fun, same old names appearing in the winning alliances and portal positions round after round. Hardly likely to encourage them to stick around, hell even those who have played for a while are starting to give this game up.

This game is more and more about activity/contactability and less and less about skill or fun. If that is not corrected then sorry but the game will end up with just the same 50/60 players playing against each other round after round.

Max

Garden Designer

How about a return to the old capture the flag, with 40-50 people? 4 alliances?

Does anyone remember the Romans, Vikings, Spartans and Celts we had a few rounds ago? Was a while back but I loved that round and I'd be happy for a similar situation to return again :D

As for prizes, I suggest BCs with the option of a special unit (should they indeed choose to have it!). How about a hamster from hell which never disappears (or at least reappears after someone has killed it) and you can send it on attacks? Just an idea.

Loz

Harvester

this mini round we are playin atm is great im haveing loads of fun

REPLAY it!

Souls

Official Helper

Max said:
How about a return to the old capture the flag, with 40-50 people? 4 alliances?

Does anyone remember the Romans, Vikings, Spartans and Celts we had a few rounds ago? Was a while back but I loved that round and I'd be happy for a similar situation to return again :D

As for prizes, I suggest BCs with the option of a special unit (should they indeed choose to have it!). How about a hamster from hell which never disappears (or at least reappears after someone has killed it) and you can send it on attacks? Just an idea.

QFT on the CTF dealy. :D

/me remembers competing with DarkSider for rank 1 kills and losing :(

ToY

Weeder

-5 man ally (Random or not)
-1b starting cash
-250 acres
-no ar, no mod
-closed tech tree
-5 min ticks
-10% dev time/cost

-winning ally gets a special unit.

chingaste

Pruner

i like the idea of 10 man allies that are random. that way it will help with people who havent played as much since they might be with someone that has. no leaving/ deleting once joined

5 min ticks.
closed tech tree. randomized just for fun :D
25% dev mod and cost.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

My take on what would be interesting:

CFT: 5 or 10 flags
10 allies, randomized where you end up. Leadership is awarded to the most active player in each ally.
5 min ticks.
Open tech tree / 20 devs overall.
1000 acres / Basic staff increased (1 mill of each + 100K Wheelies and Flagstealers?)
Starting sum of 25 billion.

Members of winning ally gets 3 BC. (might actually increase revenue rather than cut into it.)
Anyone carrying the flag at rounds end gets 2 BC
Top 5 (or 10) companies in flag points overall gets for the next round the free dev:
"Reformed flag stealer" which acts as the thug unit thieves.

No AR as you cannot leave the ally. Normal injury system (35% / 100% for flag bearer)

thejo0vler

Digger

Love it enrico!
Great idea, id have it as 12 man random alliance 20 or so flags sounds great.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Somewhat random alliances. Mulitiple tech trees. And no special unit to the winners whatsoever. Either they're too good - giving them too much of an advantage, or the whole game will know the identity of those players as soon as haxx0rs are out without giving them something to compensate for it.

mrmongo

Harvester

why does every1 bum the ctf rubbish id rather have a month of havoc than some stupid catch the flag crap, this isnt a first person shooter. We need a tournament that brings out the best in a person not a group of people... every round the same groups of people play and win at the top, without their back up they are just an individual... i reckon full solo no naps no defence. All for themselves. As for special units being unfair.... only because people might find out who they are... but then whose fault is that. If you wanna keep it secret dont tell people what your id is! easy enough... if its a p-solo world then shouldnt need to tell anyone who you are.

tbh its all a load of crap anyway... if this silly little round lasted longer it may have had a point but after a few days in the game plan changed to guru SD Stun and Sleep distract last tick cause you got no chance of getting anything decent. bah

Excons

Weeder

Same as mr mongo , solo , no alliances , no naps , no recall , no ar, up to 12 devs , open tech tree.

or

7 man alliance , no naps , no recall , no ar , quicker Dev, same initial starting , open developement.

as for prizes maybe Id's for age 5 , or even age 5 beta testing. ...

Bruce666

Harvester

No-Dachi said:
Somewhat random alliances. Mulitiple tech trees. And no special unit to the winners whatsoever. Either they're too good - giving them too much of an advantage, or the whole game will know the identity of those players as soon as haxx0rs are out without giving them something to compensate for it.

Unless the special unit for age 5 was stealthed then it would be better would it not

can we have a exact time for start of mini torney cus i dont want the big boys havin a immediate advantage:p

Max

Garden Designer

Bruce666 said:
can we have a exact time for start of mini torney cus i dont want the big boys havin a immediate advantage:p

Agreed on this one, any ideas exactly what time the new PW is going to start? :D

Jubjub

Planter

As long as it's even, i don't really mind. I just don't want the usual people winning as usual, a bit of a shake up =P
CTF could be useful, and remove AR, attack limits and injuries so people can get properly zeroed again.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Oh btw.

If you are making it straight away Azz, leave tuesday as a sign up date and start it at 19:00 gmt or so?
Or wednesday?

/me shrug

Loz

Harvester

NOOOOO
not newyears eve >.<

how many people will be online newyears eve?

Excons

Weeder

At least us aussies will have already celebrated NYE by the time the round starts :D