Mini Tournament

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Mini Tournament

i vote for acid pools and 1 on 1 knife fights over crocodile pits.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

Old Style Dodgeball, Azzer picks so many leaders, and they whoever wants to sign up gets on the list
Then (either alphabetically, Rock P S, or Azzer Picks) the leaders get to pick one person at a time, that way there isn't one team that is ungodly and then some aren't keeps things away from having inactives and also keeps it better set

5-10 man Allies
no AR no leaving/joining new ally
med starting cash
low low devs
5bc Prize Winning Ally

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Davis said:
Old Style Dodgeball, Azzer picks so many leaders, and they whoever wants to sign up gets on the list
Then (either alphabetically, Rock P S, or Azzer Picks) the leaders get to pick one person at a time, that way there isn't one team that is ungodly and then some aren't keeps things away from having inactives and also keeps it better set

5-10 man Allies
med starting cash
low low devs
5bc Prize Winning Ally

Agreed with this suggestion.

Illumination

Head Gardener

I like that also, but then people that dont use the forum would need to be randomly allocated an alliance.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

If you would care to read the thread Rooney, this is nothing to do with the current mini crappy thing.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I think the amount of posts to this thread and the way those are divided by the "name" of the person is making it all simply hilarious.

I do not try to push things to any direction. Taking that DS is one of best solo players and combining him with someone like him would give him free P-unit... (nothing offencive to DS). In other hand some people have suggested that 5 man alliances with set members... well who of us cant get that their idea is to win...

I think closest to honest truth have came these few with public 30 (or near) member alliances suggestions, who have nothing to actually gain from such move, but to get some fun.

I will now say that I will not participate to this whole round and as such I have no reason to favour anyone, I have bunch of examns from 5th to 9th of january, including some icehockey games etc.

What I would like to see is that some pretty unknown guys won that round, not DS or anyone even close to as "famous" as that. (Nothing bad to those players) I just think we need some fresh ideas and fresh blood to this game and if it requires fun round of 100 man alliances then let it be so.

Illumination

Head Gardener

In my opinion, 50 man alliances stink. There is no building of a community in the alliance because there are too many people and too many accounts to get to know anyone. I like 20, could see 25, but anything beyond that and you cant keep people's account names paired with their real/nick name. If you want new players, they need to feel part of a community. 50 is too many people to build that sense of community within an alliance. The will to defend, the accountability, organized attacks...all the "community" attributes go out the window when an alliance becomes too large. If you want to get new people in, they have to have a chance of playing with "Good, fun" players whose enthusiasm for the game grows onto the noob. They wont enjoy joining an alliance that is going to be bashed by elite players all round. On the other hand, if you tell the old time players that they cant play with who they want to, they will quit. This is why I suggest like a quarter of the alliance spots be allocated to random assignments- so people can get in with an active crowd and come to love the game and people the way that so many of us do...which is why we are still here.

alien

Weeder

Davis said:

5-10 man Allies
med starting cash
low low devs
5bc Prize Winning Ally

Agreed with that

Davis

Tree Surgeon

Illumination said:
I like that also, but then people that dont use the forum would need to be randomly allocated an alliance.

or azzer could also put up a thing on the overview, that says, Mail ID 1, or a link to send his account mail a message saying your nick you want to go buy and that you want to play, or you could make pre round IDs so like the whole few days before it starts ticking, and say, your user profile name has to be in your name (or just have it so that leaders can see everyone's userprofile (like i list of all the UP's signed up without the ID of the UP)) and then they get to pick that way there is no way someone is left out?

something along those lines?

moorer

Pruner

Illumination said:
If you want new players, they need to feel part of a community. 50 is too many people to build that sense of community within an alliance. The will to defend, the accountability, organized attacks...all the "community" attributes go out the window when an alliance becomes too large. If you want to get new people in, they have to have a chance of playing with "Good, fun" players whose enthusiasm for the game grows onto the noob. They wont enjoy joining an alliance that is going to be bashed by elite players all round. On the other hand, if you tell the old time players that they cant play with who they want to, they will quit. This is why I suggest like a quarter of the alliance spots be allocated to random assignments- so people can get in with an active crowd and come to love the game and people the way that so many of us do...which is why we are still here.

Something needs to be done to prevent the ongoing farce of the same active players grouping together in their cozy alliances round after round. New players need a chance to play alongside seasoned players to learn the ropes. 20-30 man alliances with at least 75% random recruits will, at least, spread the experience around a bit.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

moorer said:
Illumination said:
If you want new players, they need to feel part of a community. 50 is too many people to build that sense of community within an alliance. The will to defend, the accountability, organized attacks...all the "community" attributes go out the window when an alliance becomes too large. If you want to get new people in, they have to have a chance of playing with "Good, fun" players whose enthusiasm for the game grows onto the noob. They wont enjoy joining an alliance that is going to be bashed by elite players all round. On the other hand, if you tell the old time players that they cant play with who they want to, they will quit. This is why I suggest like a quarter of the alliance spots be allocated to random assignments- so people can get in with an active crowd and come to love the game and people the way that so many of us do...which is why we are still here.

Something needs to be done to prevent the ongoing farce of the same active players grouping together in their cozy alliances round after round. New players need a chance to play alongside seasoned players to learn the ropes. 20-30 man alliances with at least 75% random recruits will, at least, spread the experience around a bit.

If i was forced to play with people who i thought didn't give a damn about winning then i wouldn't register an ID.

As a leader i KNOW there is nothing more frustrating than seeing 7/8 guys playing and the rest taking the complete piss with their activity.

Moorer - please look at it from both sides - the reason these players play together is that they know the other players have their back rather than these wanna bee's that dont.

It's not a farce.
It's how most of life works.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Yet Twigley this is about fun round. If you as leader are so much for winning ever round then I suggest that winners will not portal to anything and as such no awards given to winners no BCs nothing. So round would be only about fun and not about winning.

It is so boring how some people see this game as winning only and fun rounds cant co-exist with that idea.

eszefvsdf

Beginner

my opinion about tech tree are:
1. It is close
2. The starting route is random(like you might get simple traps or simple robotics for the first

Well its just an opinion

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:
Yet Twigley this is about fun round. If you as leader are so much for winning ever round then I suggest that winners will not portal to anything and as such no awards given to winners no BCs nothing. So round would be only about fun and not about winning.

It is so boring how some people see this game as winning only and fun rounds cant co-exist with that idea.

Moorer was talking about world 1 in his first sentance.
About how round after round the same people group up.
I replied to that and to how doing something in this fun round wouldnt effect how world 1 allies where picked.

I dont care about these kind of settings of fun round - i hope IT IS randomised.

For you to completely read my post wrong (Like you normally do alot of the time) and to say i cant see fun rounds and real rounds co-existing ... are you being ignorant on purpose?
Normally i lead or help run alliances FTW and then the round after it's for fun and carry on in that fashion.
And i support mini rounds of fun with decent settings.

Thanks for your input though.

Edit: If you are talking about the post at the top of the page, rooney thought we where talking about the current mini thing thats going on, not the one that isnt made yet which we are all talking about how it should work.

:eek:nfire:

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

When I post to a thread I expect it to be about its topic. This threads topic is about miniround so I replied to yor post assuming all posts were about this miniround.

Expecting people to read all posts in a thread only cause you people are not staying on topic is just ridiculous.

00micbro1998

Planter

7 Man allainces
All public
Chose whoever you want.
Routes open, but limited to 15.
AR on. solo on. AR mod off
Bunker disabled.
5% bounty on rank 3 allaince
10% bounty on rank 2 allaince
25% bounty on rank 1 allaince

eta - 1 attacking +2.0x
eta - 2 attacking + 4.0x

eta + 1 attacking 0.5 - 0.6x
eta + 2 attacking 0.4 - 0.5x
eta + 3 attacking 0.3 - 0.4x
eta + 5 attacking 0.25 - 0.3x

With this sorta set up, everyone will have a chance at hitting 2 routes or a mixture, no1 will have ran away with title after 2-3 days. Might make round go to wire with who's won etc. Give solos a chance but not allow them to hide behind their bunkers.

Bruce666

Harvester

DarkSider said:
1 man public ally
capture the flag
no attacking restriction on flag holder
5 minute ticks
low cost & time for devs (10% or a bit more) depending of how much the world will run for :p
no sleep mode
no ar mod
normal tech
Winner takes all (to avoid long term coalitions) (special unit for age 5 sounds fun) :p

Im with darksider, but wats the point of a one man public alliance, i think max of 5man alliance, cus it will be silly with one, but make all devos less time to get em like spending 24hrs on one tech is annoying, half the time

mrmongo

Harvester

here i got the best idea.... stuff the flag bollox cause thats just gay....

Solo with 2 naps (or 3man ally) ------> no big allies and powerblocks with active players, ranks change a lot gotta fight for rank 1. I was thinking no AR aswell...
25 techs --------> dunno why 25 just more than 10 innit.
Starting funds £66.6bill --------> i dunno why ok... could be lesser amount.
Base bounty 66.6% --------> i dunno why ok... could be lesser amount.
Injury 66.6% --------> i dunno why ok... could be lesser amount.
Shorter tech times ----> depending how long this tourn lasts if its a month then no need
5min ticks

The winners of certain things would get a special age 5 unit eg

Rank 1 Value --------> not sure
Rank 1 Eff -------> not sure
Rank 1 Bounty ------> not sure
Rank 1 Most Dangerous -------> not sure
Rank 1 Most Distracted -------> a hippy/yob type unit improved ofc
Most Active --------> Gardener unit that grows in night time like it is sunny
Most Land Stolen -------> A geo type unit
Most Bribes --------> a unit which converts like zombies

Thinking on it, if a person finishes rank1 in value or eff but his allies/naps dont then maybe the unit should be available to all 3 people whatever that unit would be, as for that person finishing rank 1 on eff and value... welll then you all just suck for letting 1 person/group of people take both those ranks and units!