• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Reorder hiring/military pages

My suggestion is the ability for us to customize the order troops are in on the military/hiring pages. That way, if we wanted to order them is a way that makes sense to us, we can.

I thought of this because I'm doing SO route and find it annoying how separated Tractors and Stealth Harvesters are when you order them.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Re: Reorder hiring/military pages

I'm not sure I agree on this suggestion, because I feel ... it's just a gut feeling actually. I guess I'm just being conservative here as I can't really come up with any good reason against it (apart from that there might be more important things to focus on, and that it might take a while to code.)

But while we are on the topic of reorganizing military page, how about we make geos (wheels, thieves, geos, sgeos) appear as the last movable units on the list, that way they will be on the same spot no matter what route you play, and in a stressed up situation you'll be less likely to mess up. (Mods, feel free to split this up to a different thread if you deem it improper in this thread).

Garrett

Landscape Designer

customization rules.

i agree. at least it would allow me to remove one excuse from why i didn't send thieves with my attack. so tired of having thieves in the middle when trying to do different stuff.

please please let us organize our troopahs!

Hell, customization too hard? screw that, rearrange the military page into the INN section the Non lethal section (basics, nld,nlt) and the lethal section.

that's all i want... pretty please

rooney

Head Gardener

Garrett said:
Hell, customization too hard? screw that, rearrange the military page into the INN section the Non lethal section (basics, nld,nlt) and the lethal section.

what he said but keep thieves at the bottom :p

Augustus

Head Gardener

This would benefit bribers as well, who end up with a messy Military page with all sorts of random unit types dotted everywhere.

Silence

Head Gardener
Re-arrange able Military & Hiring Pages

Re-arrange able Military & Hiring Pages

I recently thought why can we not arrange the units in a order which suits the player on the military pages and hiring pages. This will be particularly beneficial for bribing routes to arrange certain "groups" of units.

To apply this perhaps a small box in the corner which you can number between 1-[the amount of units] and hey presto, update and they are now in the order you desire.

So before people ask "what’s the point" rearranging may help for rapid sending of units as you know it is in an order which suits the subjective user as opposed to the designated default. Personally I would like RPGs at the bottom of my military page for easier sending.

Well perhaps it will only be me who dislikes certain default layout.

Thank you for reading =)

~Silence

Last edited by a moderator:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Just a note: I have merged Silence's above post from a new thread so that the discussion can continue in this thread in light of his idea. :D

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Azzer said:
Unit Ordering On Military Page:
You can now change the order in which your units appear within the military page - for example, if you wanted your lethals to appear first, followed by your gardeners, geos and wheelies, and your harvesters, combines and tractors last, you could do that. Simply head to ID Settings and select "Unit Sorting". You'll be able to enter a number between -255 to +255 for any unit you currently have. Lower numbers appear first, higher numbers appear last in the list. Any units with the same number default to their standard sorting.

Da-daaa :p

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Could you also allow the option to hide immobiles from the military page please? Or just hide them. Quite silly having them there when you can't send any of them!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm probably going to make it change the order of the hiring page too, to match. Good idea or bad idea?

Hax0r's will always remain at the "default ordering".

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I'm probably going to make it change the order of the hiring page too, to match. Good idea or bad idea?

Hax0r's will always remain at the "default ordering".

How about a check box in settings - "Enable Hiring Page Sorting" or something?

lavadog

Head Gardener
Yes, I personally would rather keep hiring the way it is (if you know the listing somewhat, hiring when you're in a rush or under pressure is easier imo).

Altho you could make the argument that, if you set the order after you're fully teched, you'll just remember the order that way instead of th standard way.

Nonetheless, I liked Polo's idea.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
yeah, Polos idea is good. Because i would rather it sort hiring page as well, but obviously not everyone would want that ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I guess it cant hurt to make the hiring page the same but i dont really think its neccesary...

There isnt enough hirable (is that a word???;)) units (for each individual player) to make it a problem IMO.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Maybe not... but if you get used to a certain order of units in the military menu, then you'll likely want the same order for your hiring page? (Assuming you're not a briber route) :)