• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nerfing of Solos.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
This round have proved that Solos are to popular, while very few play in alliances.

Thus Solos need to get a more bumpy ride! :D

My idea is simple.

Each 24h cycle on the server all Solos loose AR-protection for 2 3 hour periods, determined randomly for each ID, with a minimum of 2 hour between them.

The Solo in question will get a news report 6 ticks before the AR is lost:

"The automated warning system at our company seems to have gone off line. The Government has promised to send over some repairmen, and it should be back online in a few days."

Anyone spying the ID will not see this naturally.

Again a new news report once the AR is back.
"The repairmen fixed the problem, and the Government will now get a message if someone try to overwhelm you. These warning systems are the bee's knees when they work, to bad they are so unstable."

This way, solos will have to live with the fact that someone may strike lucky and hit them on ticks where the AR is disabled, and that the only way to get 24h protection is in an alliance.

But it should not be two much off a nerfing, and the solo can still defend as normally, have pnaps defend you etc. As a possible bonus, it might be more difficult to estimate AR-mod from a spyreport.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Re: Nerfing of Solos.

I don't like it. I view any suggestion with the word "random" in it with some scepticism.

I'd prefer it if AR was just abandoned altogether.

vlad

Harvester

Also, that is a large part bassed on Luck, and such parts of the game should never be that way. There is luck when calling bluffs, and on the random Battle Calc, the weather, but between getting aid or not? I think its to much of a risk.

rooney

Head Gardener

id prefer to just get rid of the AR mod. or maybe make it drop about 5/6 times faster to stop waves but not keep you invincible for a few days

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1450

8/9: Solo Play/Anti-rape
* Make AR easier to receive, but the AR modifier drop faster.
* (still just a hope, no solid ideas) FInd a way to automatically prevent/negate/reduce the effects of intentional AR triggering.
* (possibility, no definite) Increased injury return rates when being pwned by lethal AR units?
* Remove "pure solo" mode altogether. Just solos that can re-join allies if they like.

That isn't a bad idea either? Adding in 'mob' targetting SAS/AR would be a GREAT addition aswell, plus remove the effects of intentional triggering. :p

mrmongo

Harvester

a small minority of uber active solos do well so the other 500 or so get penalised for the active ones success... so now not only am i fighting on my own with low activity and no-one to watch me while i sleep but now i get the chance for someone with a +2 eta mod to send 40 times my units and not trigger. i dont like it. Just cause solos in the top 100 do well doesnt mean the hundreds of others do... because we all dont have the time to sit at a comp all day and night infront of some text.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

It's an incentive for more people to join alliances, and get less solo's. Right now 4/5 of the game is solo, which simply is too much Imo. ;)

Illumination

Head Gardener

Its just boring to flak solo poms...and thats what this round is all about if you want land:(

What needs to happen to encourage alliance play, is the top 100 players need to stopping flocking to the same alliance. It causes smaller alliances to be eaten and leaves the only safe harbor being govt defense. After a few rounds of that, people have realized that if they cant be active enough to be in one of the top 2 or 3 alliances, alliance play isnt worth it (as they will get raped while they sleep). I think you could leave solo as is if you could disperse the active veterans...but that is just too dangerous, because if they dont get to play with who they want to (understandably) they will leave the game and what is left of it will die out even more quickly.

Im still a fan of 12 spots allowed to be filled prior to rounds start by leaders, and the remaining 3 spots being randomly assigned (so if you dont secure one of the first 12 spots in an alliance, you are placed into a pool). Those random accts will be evenly dispersed among alliances 24 hours prior to rounds start. There would have to be suggested "criteria" for a person to sign up for the random spots (like 4 hours per day minimum...or something) that could be monitored by the alliance and kickable only if spying is proven, or they fail to maintain the criteria agreed upon when signing up for the slot.

I dont think you can take away solos:( I hate it...but I know a few people that really enjoy that play style. Definitely take away the pure solo benefits though...they are just silly.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Alliances are just too weak this round. Either alliances need to be boosted, or solo needs to be nerfed.

Bobbin - oops edited instead of quoted :p

Bobbin

Head Gardener

I think the best way forward is to change the way AR works and the way it is targetted. Making AR only target the mob that actually triggers would go a long way to solving the problem, and would even up fights alot more, and remove the problem of AR triggering.

If AR is calculated cumulativly on a per mob basis it would work. Say mob one doesn't trigger or wouldn't trigger... Fine. Then if another mob is sent, which sends both mobs over the limit, the SAS would only target the second mob, and all mobs afterwards. I think to make it fair to those who are sending on the solos though, the news reports would have to say which mob(s) the AR is responding to, to give those who do trigger a chance to recall their mobs. I think the current limits for AR need to be raised slightly to make it harder to get, but they are pretty decent. The main problem with solos is triggering and dealing with solo players who do not infact play solo, but those who play in groups.

Another way of stopping solos attacking together is to reduce the damage done by mobs if solos attack with another player. This imposistion could also be placed on an alliance. With mobs getting weaker and weaker individually as more mobs are added to the same target. Of course adding another mob to a target would still add more overall power, but it would not be so much, making it easier to defend against the noob bashes, and bringing some skill back into attacking. We could call it something like cowardice.. A solo player joining others to attack should have the mobs effectivness reduced by more than an alliance player attacking. I feel it would even up the game alot in alliances vs solos and make solos played the way they are meant to be. Solos aren't over powered on their own, however people are not playing them solo, and they should be encouraged to do so.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I think you might be onto something there Bobbin. Tweaked correctly, to give an edge to those who attack alone, but not destroying cooperative attacks (e.g. resistance), it might be just what we need.

rooney

Head Gardener

i agree but since allys have stated they are going to work with other players wheras solos have not, make the penalty apply to solos only. or maybe to allys as well but a lot less since i agree that skill has kinda left the game and this penalty could help a lot

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Maxi said:
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1450

8/9: Solo Play/Anti-rape
* Make AR easier to receive, but the AR modifier drop faster.
* (still just a hope, no solid ideas) FInd a way to automatically prevent/negate/reduce the effects of intentional AR triggering.
* (possibility, no definite) Increased injury return rates when being pwned by lethal AR units?
* Remove "pure solo" mode altogether. Just solos that can re-join allies if they like.

That isn't a bad idea either? Adding in 'mob' targetting SAS/AR would be a GREAT addition aswell, plus remove the effects of intentional triggering. :p

Azzer obviously has no idea about bush, but if he wants to ruin his own game I won't be the one trying to stop him. AR should be scrapped. Solo should be a state of your mind, not means to get higher rank.

Silence

Head Gardener

Remove AR completly. Kill "solo" play forcing an alliance based game. Solo should be a transition between one alliance to another.

To Reiterate - remove AR. Kill solo play

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Silence said:
Remove AR completly. Kill "solo" play forcing an alliance based game. Solo should be a transition between one alliance to another.

To Reiterate - remove AR. Kill solo play

Agreed in every single possible way.

thejo0vler

Digger

This is from a former alliance players point of view but i now am one of the solo's that are bumbling around the 300-500 ranks.

I liked the bounty system and believe this helped kill off alliance play.
The negative law seemed to be the only thing protectiong an alliance from a higher ranked alliance.
Now there is no deterrent to wave/mass a player, or even one person sending at someone in an alliance that is just in his attacking range.
Another thing i would like is either for psolo to not exist or have it in some way so that they can still join an alliance if they want. This as has been said could be stopping alot of people from joinging or creating new alliances.

I know alot of people did not like the bounty and law fame system but i loved it.
It gave me something to play for while i was inactive. i Could go about collecting as much law as possible and when people zero'd me it would not take me so drasticly away from my enjoyment.
I guess that is for another topic though, one im too lazy to start

Cheers Jo0v

Augustus

Head Gardener

Maxi said:
It's an incentive for more people to join alliances, and get less solo's. Right now 4/5 of the game is solo, which simply is too much Imo. ;)

I personally choose to go solo as it offers me a chance of achieving a respectable rank without relying on others to help get me there. Alliance play is very time consuming when trying to achieve a decent rank and even massive activity wont guarantee a decent rank if the team around you doesn't give the same amount of commitment. Has anyone considered that this is the reason a lot of people choose to go solo? Also has anyone considered what will happen if the solo option is nerfed? I expect that yet more people will leave the game. I agree that AR could be modified to help push people towards Alliance play if they want to portal for Value, but simply destroying solo as an option will only reduce the playerbase even further.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Playing solo is fine, but for a solo to play 3 hrs a day and secure a govt value portal ranking by doing so? ridiculous.

solo's need nerf'd. ar needs to drop faster, and they just need to be the docile farms for alliances as intended.

thanks

solos don't need to be ruined but they hold too much power and they are rampant with the triggering and cheating. due to this abuse of power 'top' (i use the term loosely) safelist them so they have an additional attacking wing. it's silly.

solos need to die easier period.