Round 27 End of Round Awards

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Round 27 End of Round Awards

Best Alliance - 2 mentions

1) Hell: the had a plan and a theme and they lived it. they didn't set out to win value or a round, they set up to take it ALL.

2) The Pug Fuglies: The gayest group of guys (and HG who is pretty gay in her special way) that I ever had the privilege slumming around with. They had a plan, they lived it. They wanted to not care about activity and see what happens and by god it all happened to us/them.

Pug Fuglies was cool. Toby wanted me to fill a spot and I said only if I can stay at 9 acres and thus it was born. It was difficult to stay at 9 acres and watch people get pummeled, however, i was playing under an hour a day too, until about 2.5 weeks ago which brings me to worst player.....

Worst Player: The person with the mental handicap that gave up their spot in Hell for cheating, thus allowing me to be recruited by the star league to defend the frontier against Xur and the Kodan Armada. (this is the last starfighter mmo right?)

Also, JJ because well he's earned it for a few rounds and I just don't feel right not giviing him a shout out? (and anyone who score queened, sat on acres, wouldn't attack, pussed out)

Best Defensive Ally: didn't play seriously until the last couple weeks and then with Hell no one is unbreakable so yeah whoever had Lis and Monk and jack's old core was probably like fort knox.

Best/worst Leader: Really if you had goals and you did your best to achieve em, you know if you did good or not. You know if your ally is behind you or not. So i will let you rejoice or cry in solitude.

Best Player(s): those that attacked/defended, had fun and played the game.

Best Moment of the Round:

ME: sending eta 5 attack on marvel this tick (but not your target I get +1 on it :/)

Illumination: behind me wouldnt have been so bad, but a side by side set up can be fun for a change.

ME: oh i think being behind you is never bad, but i f'd up my attack so now i'm probably going to be 2 ticks behind you :/

Illumination: you must be well endowed

worst moment: restarting 140-150+ times in order to fit the HELL naming scheme. all my id's have been made public in my user profile so count em up if you doubt it was over 150 :p

worst defensive alliance: Marvel, they started out strong but their tactics got omg noobish. 2 robos sending 2 ticks apart, to another robo......... 1 armour killer defender even fake would have made us both recall.... but the armour defender recalled and they gave up a tick of land.... o_O while waaaay overdefending the last tick of the 2nd attacker. Amazingly brilliant.

Rama

Pruner

Best ally: Hell

Worst ally: BB/TS -----> yeh ,we kinda made some mistakes, a shame

Best player: suppose saint1d as he practically holded treadstone alone, played really inactive so all I can tell

Worst player: not a clue

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Here be my thoughts/commets about this round. I do not like the usage of the "awards" word.
I will try to keep some "historical" order. Now I am going to comment everything except Hell alliance and Hell members.

First we start with BlackBriar (or BlackBarber as I like to call them) and Treadstone. First impression was... who the **** thought of those names? Anyway. Secondly I realised they were wings, sister alliances, gay buddies, call them as you like, the fact is that they were two alliances acting as one, or a "powerblock" what people would call them back in the days. Now firstly, I don't know what a gay leader would do such a thing in the current state of the game and secondly I don't know what a gay member would agree to such a tactic. Well they got 40 of them atleast. Even few which I respect in one way or another.

As we are still discussing BlackBarber and TreadStone, here is my time to express my opinon for your early-round tactic. Now, having in mind you have 2 alliances made completely of SOs fighting one alliance made mainly of robots who has 0 Poms. Do I need to mention the huge advantage you have at the start? Nope, everyone sees it. Well it seems like their leader does not, so they decide to invite a few more alliances to join to fun plus some solos. So we end up with an alliance who doesn't even have POMs whos is fighting flak wars with 4 alliance and some solos. Well kudos to everyone who took part in that.

Now I go to Marvel. They had some players who looked talanted at the start, they also had two BGs (zakgard and zeratul) who were doing quite well at the time they were playing. Their tactic was quite clear, they tried to play the neutral alliance who just bended over when their time came, for which they lose some of their better players. Basicly, that is how I am going to remember Marvel... in their bended over position waiting for us to put it in...

Now I go to Monotony. I am going to repeat DS. They were a bit impressive at the start, a lot of activity, but as expected they burned out fast. Their cocky MO (TreeNoob) was a annoying from time to time with his silly comments on the forums and in IGMs and posts.

ShipJumpers... Lead by... whoever lead them. They obviously think that their performance this round was quite an achievement. We can argue a bit on that. Polo had a very nice conversation with their leader, I wish he quotes me posting it later on. We laughed hard on it.

Solos: There were quite some solos this round, the jeep/patrol group was quite impressive though. I know how hard it is to play as solo when there is a dominant and aggressive alliance on top. What they did was trully amasing, I still don't know the name of their "leader" - petrol bombers of love set you alight [6401], but I liked his playstyle a lot. Agressive, agressive, agressive. That is the way to go. He got me once too... shame on me.

Iamsmart was another interesting solo, his playstyle was complety opposite to the petrol group though. Going into sleep mode every night... constantly running away, bleh. Sad.

The small droids players/group. I give them kudos for trying something new, even though it failed. Still thumbs up.

Now I shall discuss Hell.

As a whole, the alliance was briliant. Leadership was briliant. Memberlist was briliant. Teamplay was briliant. Tactic was briliant. There is not ONE, even one single thing which was not briliant about Hell. A few individuals perhaps had a fail, one had an epic fail. 90% of the members though, was top class. The whole package of a player, as I like to call it. Agressive, able to follow orders, active/contactable when you have to be, cooperative. They were all of that.

I can speak on each member for a long time and I will.

The positives:

Welshie - The best leader in the game. Period. I wish he could have been more active, but that did well too.
DarkSider - No need to comment on him even. Perhaps the only person who is as good as Welshie at leading, although he is a bit girlish and dosn't seem to like confrontation, while sheep has no problems enforcing his will. DS was the most important figure in Hell and if someone is to be "blamed" for Hell's success, that is to be him.
Polo - Another player who doesn't need to be discussed. A had very different feelings about playing with him before the round started as we had some big confrontations in the past. After the flak wars though, I was more than happy I was playing with him. You grew a lot as a player, not as much as skill (you always had that) but as an ability to play in a team. There was not a sign of the old Polo shouting left and right trying to save his land. No, there was a Polo who sticked up with what was best for the team and not for his individual when the time was rough. Not a single whine, not a single word (which could be said about every other member of Hell, but if you guys know him as well as I do, you would know how big his achievement is). Usually when you take a player of this calibre in your alliance, you are making a small compromise as you know that he carries a huge ego with him. I didn't feel Polo's ego even once this round.
Sanjuro - He was a name I met for a first time this round, although it seemed like he was an oldie. Firstly I had a negative feeling about him, as most oldies use to start new rounds rellying heavily on their past achievements and recognition, which makes them think that they can get away with less teamplay/activity/contactability. He was none of that. Not even that, but he is one of the best players I have ever played with, extremely easy going, witty and funny guy. Very useful player and a pleasure to have in your alliance.
Timster - A lot of what I said about sanj goes for him as well, although he managed to top EVEN that. As most of you know, at the start we had a land cap based on effectiveness, which means that the more effectiveness you have, the more land you can get. He was the player who exploited this rule extremely well, he had such a huge lead over most of us that it seemed impossible to catch him and I am sure that if it wasn't his vocation, he would have still kept his rank 1 spot on effectiveness. A few players realise that he was not only helping himself this way, as we had this land cap in order FOR A REASON. The reason was to make us gain effectiveness which would help us win all three ranks, which was our main goal. He followed that goal from the start.
Slabbedask - A fun guy to have in your alliance, if we don't count the times he suicided his troops on sas/overwhelming defence would have been better though :)
therealjason - Never had much interaction with you, I know you were there when we needed you though, that is enough for me to classify you as a good player.
CLem - Impressive comeback clementi, I thought you would need a round to get used to the game again, as I do most of the times, you showed not a single case of "forgetting" the game though. Top class player, very funny and extremely easy-going guy.
Gohan - Although I have different feelings because of your suicide attacks, you managed to get over your "veteran" ways of playing the game (purely for land and valuation) and you basicly did what our leader wanted us to do. To play for effectiveness. And you did it damn well. I was quite surprised to see you doing it too, it is like seeing cityguy play for effectiveness. Well played round Vanya :)
Tiffany/Illumination - Was a pleasure for me to play with you :)
Hero - Didn't have much interaction with you, which might be good considering you are an american and that is basicly the reason for DS and sheep to recruit you - to be online when we are not. You did that well enough which I guess was part of the plan, so I am happy with you :)
Enigma/Stass/the_master - And I thought there were no good aussies... I got proven wrong. Three times. We had some great time with Stass, Polo, Tim and beasteh's girlfriend late night on IRC. Still brings a smile on my face when I think about it :) Drew (the_master) doesn't seem very talkative, he was doing quite well though and was online when we weren't which is good enough. Enigma enigma... I had seconds thoughs about him from the bunker round before that. Before the round started I could almost see myself making fun of him on IRC or something like that... well that didn't happen. I was pleasently surprised by him, by his manners, by his interest of the game, by his dedication to the team. We had two petrols in Hell, one was him, one was me. The basic plan was me to be TL heavy and deal with armor killers so our PA/striker players would have an easier life and he was supposed to be a POM killer or something. We also used him against the jeep/petrol players' rushes later on, so besides the Petrol/Bikers he already had, he had to buy Jeeps as well. So he had to mass 3 units while I had to mass only 1. When I look at your staff at the moment I feel miserable... :(
And finally beasteh... I guess I have to say something good now. Okay, I will. After 15 rounds of non stop playing bushtarion you are finally getting a good grasp of the game. And they say blonds are stupid... hm... they might actually be right.

The negatives:

D3CYPH3R - Although I like you a lot, you got locked, for a reason still unknown to me. You are a good player though and I won't mind playing with you again in a future round.
cervantes - I was expecting more from you... All you did this round was basicly stealing 15k acres. You just didn't seem to care, for the game, for the alliance. At all.
Lukey - Hrrrrm... and you were saying that beasteh is not a team player. To be honest you, this round, was even worse than Polo few rounds ago. That combined with the fact that you were asking my real life friends to piggy attacks which I was planning on you was really stupid and low.
Insomniac/Joe - An epic disappointment. I don't know you. To begin with, I don't know why sheep let you join Hell at all. You are completely inept. Highly innactive. Extremely stupid, highlighting me at 2 AM local time just to say "Hi" or something like that, then a few days later, highlighting me AGAIN at 1 AM just to ask me if I have seen Lukey... WTF man? Have you no mercy? That, plus the fact the you spied on us AND cheated and you were still miles behind everyone land-wise... I really have no words, you must be the worst player I have ever seen in bushtarion. So bad I almost feel sorry for you.

The replacements:

Martin - Who joined first replacing Lukey. Top notch player. I was expecting you to have the same problem as cervantes, you didn't though. Only 5 ranks behind me on effectiveness, which having in mind how late you joined is quite an achievement. Stealing 15k land in 2 days, I know it's not THAT impressive, but I still felt like mentioning it :)
Silence - Joined when d3 and JoeNoob got deleted. 40k land at the moment... me and my 25k are ashamed :(
Garrett - I can say only one thing - 150 deleted IDs before you managed to land in the right zone. I know I would have quit long ago. Too bad I was not active at all in the time after you joined, I wanted so much to actively play with you again. You stole 40k land in less than what... 2 weeks? You old dog...

My comments about my own performance:
I rocked. I could have rocked more if I could be arse though. If it wasn't DarkSpider and his cosntant "GO KILL!!!" annoyance though, I wouldn't have rocked even half of that. Also, it was fun starting petrols 12 hours earlier than the Marvel petrol player who had TWICE more land than me. It's just luck I guess. I got killed once, by the jeep dude I already mentioned earlier... shame on me for having a life.

Overall comment:
I doubt bush will ever see another alliance as Hell and I know Hell is the best alliance up to date. Reminds me a bit of TRFC, although still better in many ways and forms. If I hadn't lost my interest in this game, it would have been a very enjoyable round. And it actually was. I liked all the hate when people realised we are not stealing land just so we can stay in their range. I liked the hate when they knew we were coming to KILL them and not steal their land. I liked the hate when we were getting small solo players to piggy our attacks so our targets couldn't just send away. I didn't like the fact that this was the way the game wanted us to play so we could win all three rankings. This was not liked neither by us, the hell members, nor by the people bellow us. So why do we need such a ranking at all? So we can "proove" we are active? Ha...

Goodbye and thanks for the time (and sorry for the spelling mistakes).
f0xx out.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Alliance of the round

None.

Best Offensive Alliance

Hell.

Best Defensive Alliance

Hell.

Honourable Mention Alliance

TreadStone

Worst Alliance

Marvel

Best Leader

Luckysports

Worst Leader

Ahead/Fran

Player of the Round - Allied

Kelsey

Player of the Round - Solo

Iamsmart or 4404

Best Offensive Player

f0xx

Best Defensive Player

Beeker

Honourable Mention Player

Rama

Worst Player

Tim

Best Moment of Round

Pwning the start

Worst Moment of Round

Leaving JJ in charge when i went out at the start.

Cba explaining why - This round doesnt deserve it.
Bring on next round already.

vlad

Harvester

Don't mean to sound so funny twigley, and i rareley do this. But i do think you sound bitter, and like pointing blame :D
Just my 2cents.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Alliance of the round
No one really amazed me, Hell had no competition, only FTW alliance i believe, BB/TS were fun. Marvel claimed points at the start. So hard to judge.

Best Offensive Alliance
Hell - Rank 1 says it all

Best Defensive Alliance
Monotony untill they got pwned, they were very good. Leader went away i believe.

Honourable Mention Alliance
Marvel - Took down us (BB) so fair play to you, up and down round for you, got what you deserved. 6-7 players of ur alliances kept you afloat in my opinion tho.
Mono - Big shame you guys flopped, really liked this alliance, good group of players.

Worst Alliance
YCH - You guys didn't do anything this round, fair play where ur gonna finish and playing the quiet game, but must have been more boring than being in BB.

BlackBriar - For a fun alliance, it wasn't very fun. We had some great players (Intense, beeker, Quitus and Zhouj...etc) but not much ever rly happened, we constantly had people away, weren't active and we died to easily.

Best Leader
Mono's leader before they flopped.
Welshie was clever with the 15k land cap, got them all 3 alliance ranks by doing this.

Worst Leader
Ahead/Fran/Rama - Orignal TS

Player of the Round - Allied
Gotta agree with Twigs with my first one:
Kelsey - Not very known, and not the best land stealer but will in time be very good.
Beeker - So active and commited
Intense - Nice guy was awesome
Augustus - Nice rushes on us :p
f0xx - Some good and brave attacks

Best Allied player has got to be CityGuy once again for me, greatest player when active.

Player of the Round - Solo
Deliotte/Signer/Iamsmart

Best Offensive Player
Augutus/CG and f0xx

Best Defensive Player
Beeker

Honourable Mention Player
Mastah/Quitus/Zhouj

Dematto was awesome too

Worst Player
Ahead came quite high for me - Gave up too easily and moaned. Apart from that he had a good round pwning people, but think he gave up to easily and moaned way to much. Also his leadership of TS was poor, and recruited some bad members.

Watching Hell - Cervantes didnt do much

Best Moment of Round
No longer being allied with JJ and rebuilding an alliance with 17 restarting was fun. Got rank 2 for a week some how lol.

Worst Moment of Round
Marvel dominating us, dont like being on the end of it. Then when we started to get back on our feet, we defending an inc from f0xx and tiff or clem and they took like 17trill damage off us. After that, Marvel walked it.

Round was boring due to Hell's 15k land cap, but worked well for them, so well played.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Just one more thing I forgot to mention, it is extremely funny when people say "Hell had no real competition". It sounds so much like "Hell won because there was no real competition". Pull your heads out of your asses guys.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

f0xx said:
Just one more thing I forgot to mention, it is extremely funny when people say "Hell had no real competition". It sounds so much like "Hell won because there was no real competition". Pull your heads out of your asses gays.

fixed.

Ranzou

Harvester

Best Players: Max, Iamsmart, Ogluk and Deloitte and rank 1 (DS?) for being rank 1 in valuation and having the serial killer stat (probably a few others that I've missed).

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Garrett said:
f0xx said:
Just one more thing I forgot to mention, it is extremely funny when people say "Hell had no real competition". It sounds so much like "Hell won because there was no real competition". Pull your heads out of your asses gays.

fixed.

Rofl, much better indeed. I smell you are gonna get hit by the banhammer soon :p

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

f0xx said:
Garrett said:
f0xx said:

fixed.

Rofl, much better indeed. I smell you are gonna get hit by the banhammer soon :p

Who did u have as competition?

BB/TS were for fun. SO only
Marvel admited they were points only at start of round.
Mono werent big at the time.
No Real resistance - Except the one from BB/TS on like day 3, only cos we knew u had PAs coming and we were ****ed.

Seems like no competition to me, but ur gonna flame away f0xx and moan, go ahead, but u wont be changing my opinion.

Dennis

Harvester

IceOfFire said:
Worst Alliance
YCH - You guys didn't do anything this round, fair play where ur gonna finish and playing the quiet game, but must have been more boring than being in BB.

I don't know why you are saying that YCH must have been boring, we probly had the most fun of all the allies all round long :)

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Best alliance - Hell I suppose

Worst alliance - DORO. Never have I seen so many solos so scared to play solo. Doubt there was a pair of balls between the whole lot of them.

Best player - Deloitte. Despite him being in the aformentioned DORO.

Worst player - hard to narrow down, but the amount of people in the DORO channel who only ever seemed to come alive when there was a zeroed target to send 50k geos at was astonishing.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

IceOfFire said:
f0xx said:
Garrett said:
f0xx said:

fixed.

Who did u have as competition?

BB/TS were for fun. SO only
Marvel admited they were points only at start of round.
Mono werent big at the time.
No Real resistance - Except the one from BB/TS on like day 3, only cos we knew u had PAs coming and we were ****ed.

Seems like no competition to me, but ur gonna flame away f0xx and moan, go ahead, but u wont be changing my opinion.

Hell had no competition? Okay then, if you remember the TRFC round can you explain me axactly which ally back then was "competition"? Or perhaps you forgot the time when Hell were at rank 4? That surely was because we had no competition. I have seen alliances which while playing "for fun" win rounds in the past. Now please, PLEASE stop making stupid comments.

Also do not forget that recruiting the best players which if not recruited can eventually end up being your worst enemies is still a winning plan, or not? Hell not only won the round, we won without ANY dimplomacy at all (if we don't count the stupid ceasefire JJ gave us), we won it fighting four alliances AND solos at the same time, we won it while we were not allowed to steal land. Don't you see that we were the ones playing for fun? Uhh... by saying what you are saying you just show your envy mate. This won't get you anywhere... but who knows, if you keep repeating it to yourself you can actually believe it at the end!

[edit] And who the hell makes a powerblock if he is playing for fun?!?

Tim

Harvester

I can only speak for the first part of the round as I was away on holiday for 3 weeks later in the round, so apologies if I miss something or someone crucial.

Best Alliance: Hell

What more needs to be said. Hell were a great alliance, they dominated from start to finish and blew aside pretty much anyone in their way.

Worst Alliance: Marvel

I say this because they had a very public policy of going for Alliance Points and Effectiveness, but even when faced with very defendable incoming, they would often run. I'm not talking about those situations where there were like 5-6 players on one, but I rather mean those where me and perhaps one or two others sent and their whole alliance faked the defence, when in fact had they sent real, they would have done a lot of damage and made lovely battle reports with huge EFF.

Best Player: Sanj

He was very aggressive and offensive and not afraid of a huge fight.

Worst Players: Twigley & Lukey

Twigley's alliance's tactics were extremely poor, choosing all Spec Ops routes, and I thought him as a player didn't do much either.

Lukey had a hissy fit when he had to temporarily leave Hell for breaching the land cap. Went to join Mono "temporarily" and then started to argue with Hell's members in the IRC channel. The loss was all his.

Honourable Mention: Darksider

II suspect that Darksider and I will never agree on the appropriateness of staying on an attack - he is just too scared to stay sometimes. However, he is in fact a very calculating player and he is very good at what he does and it was an honour to play with him - he is one of the best players I have ever played with.

saint1d

Head Gardener

Don't know who he is, but a player who has impressed me this round is Augustus dreams of being Wonder Woman [5195] for his bribing skills and ability to find good targets.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

saint1d said:
Don't know who he is, but a player who has impressed me this round is Augustus dreams of being Wonder Woman [5195] for his bribing skills and ability to find good targets.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but my incredible intuition tells me that is Augustus.

Crumpet

Harvester

Tim said:
Worst Alliance: Marvel

I say this because they had a very public policy of going for Alliance Points and Effectiveness, but even when faced with very defendable incoming, they would often run. I'm not talking about those situations where there were like 5-6 players on one, but I rather mean those where me and perhaps one or two others sent and their whole alliance faked the defence, when in fact had they sent real, they would have done a lot of damage and made lovely battle reports with huge EFF.

The tactic was to keep Hell out of range to get where we wanted to be. Which worked. And tbh we've been playing to have a good time which we've done so I hardly consider my alliance to be anywhere near the worst. EFF is great as are points but in the end we had a good time doing things you guys seem to think made us a crappy group. We let those we didn't care about land and then went off and attacked where we could get the most from it. All in all exactly as we wanted it :)

saint1d

Head Gardener

tobapopalos said:
saint1d said:

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but my incredible intuition tells me that is Augustus.

Ah ok, never heard of him, but well done anyway ;)