Killing The Game

avash

Harvester
Id love to know who LuckySports is 0_0. xD (edit: Tim post 3 more times and never post again, lool)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Do you mean in-game avash? I'm not hard to find, public ID.. :p I'm also high-ranked atm.. so check the top 25 and you should be able to find me.

avash

Harvester
Do you mean in-game avash? I'm not hard to find, public ID.. :p I'm also high-ranked atm.. so check the top 25 and you should be able to find me.

It was more a little joke with regards to the argument going on about your elitist status. It was no personal attack, but i've played rounds 9-27 and never heard of you until this round. However, im guessing you started becoming a more well known player after that :).

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I played rounds 6, 7, 8 actively, and then went inactive until round 28.. So, you pretty much missed me :p

I never said I was an elite, I know what I'm about though. I don't know what Twigley's comment was pointed at, I never claimed to be the best. I didn't even hint at it.

lillie

Harvester
People always try to find the easiest way. That would be my guess. I think its kind of silly to attack +2 for a 300 acre grab at this point in the game, but then again, If I were the lower-ranked nub in my ally, 300 acres might be worth it..

Damn .. I was hoping for something more original rather than the obvious :D

lillie

Harvester
oh I figured that one out Dax :)

btw could I please have one of those Happy Bananas your giving out ... I may decide not to be a cry baby and quit :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
oh I figured that one out Dax :)

btw could I please have one of those Happy Bananas your giving out ... I may decide not to be a cry baby and quit :p

You may have a real life one:

312659_2441366957754_1359233551_2971153_144639875_n.jpg

dave

Harvester
James, a few things -

Dave didn't really start to get bashed until it became obvious he wasn't going to at least ACKNOWLEDGE any of the points that were made. He just said that he knows how to play (more so than us apparently) and that he says this is this and nothing anyone else says to the contrary can possibly be correct.

I haven't seen any reason to flame you, other than the fact that trying to read your post is a lot like trying to stick 3-inch nails into my eyes for fun.. :p You need to space it out a bit so it doesn't all run together so much! I thought your suggestion about insurance was sarcasm, and alci overreacted.. Simple explanation can solve that easy enough most of the time, and other times, well, each person responds differently.

just readin back through as ive missed a few pages of input.

i had to reply to this one. you really are a moron my friend. who clearly doesnt read my posts properly, you just want to put me down for making a point in the forum you dont like.
i didnt say anything about me being better than anybody at this game, really not the aim of the thread. this will be my last reply to you i really cant stand your frankly poor attitude...

i do know how to play yes, when did i say i know more than others?

also i have acknowledged other peoples points, and discussed them with a few people. i simply dont acknowedge your big headed egotistical points. im sure your a wonderfully skilled player...but i think your a bit of a dick as a person. no doubt this comment will get deleted, but im proper sick of your attitude towards me.

xvi

Harvester
id give it a good go. i appreciate all the points your making to, i just feel the game doesnt have to be played that way, unless your scared of taking a few losses for a damn good br.

but there we go things wont change, and the game will continue to become smaller and smaller.

must say dave has seemed to me to be almost overly nice during the majority of this thread. My take, for what that is worth, is that h/f shows what kind player you are and what type of an alliance your in. Obviously those who are in the red repeatedly take advantage of the, in my own opinion, huge score gap allowed when engauging in battle.

Alliances who are "ftw" often in the red because their goal is to win and will do so at whatever cost, to include kick-raping, being pranked at night, forming naps early on and sending mass attacks out during flak wars at 35%. They will cry that its because they are always so much bigger than everyone else they have to lose honor to attack, but that is not the case. FTW alliances go red early.

To fix the problem would take more penalties to red players to discourage the behavior. But you have to remember, there will always be players looking for the easy road, just like in real life :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
FTW alliances go red early because if you don't have land, you are severely disadvantaged in the contest (if there is a contest) for rank 1.

Land = troops = the win. Of course there are other things that will impact whether or not you win (activity, contactability, skill, participation, luck etc) but most of all if you don't have enough land to tech/buy troops, you aren't going to win.

The only way to gain enough land to stay in first and maintain the lead is to hit targets you *know* you will land on. If you send out 3 attacks in flakwars without intel, and land on 2/3, then you'll resend on the 2 you landed on, and pick a new one for your third. The goal is land at any cost; not green titles. Land will get you the win, green titles won't. It really is that simple.

The game is fundamentally about winning, and land is a vital component in winning. So negative titles are practically a given for the winning alliance in the early round. Besides which if you battle another alliance for first, you'll be sending mass attacks, rushing, repeat attacks, bashes etc. I can't remember if declaring war changes the "negative" nature of your attacks, and makes them more honourable (or at least less negative) but wars will balance out your H/F until you start to win and repeat attack on your defeated enemies, and voila: Negative Title.

The game pretty much requires an alliance in the rank 1 spot to be Dishonourable. If you make negative titles have even harsher penalties, you're only going to discourage players from playing again which is not something we need. Granted, them bashing people at 30% range isn't increasing the playerbase either, but that doesn't mean you need to further increase the penalties. Players who want to win, will always use whatever methods they want to win. The mechanics practically guarantee a rank 1 alliance with a red title. Blame the gameplay, not the players. If you want rank 1 to be honourable, then make all attacks gain honour. Simples.

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
James, a few things -

Dave didn't really start to get bashed until it became obvious he wasn't going to at least ACKNOWLEDGE any of the points that were made. He just said that he knows how to play (more so than us apparently) and that he says this is this and nothing anyone else says to the contrary can possibly be correct.

I haven't seen any reason to flame you, other than the fact that trying to read your post is a lot like trying to stick 3-inch nails into my eyes for fun.. :p You need to space it out a bit so it doesn't all run together so much! I thought your suggestion about insurance was sarcasm, and alci overreacted.. Simple explanation can solve that easy enough most of the time, and other times, well, each person responds differently.

just readin back through as ive missed a few pages of input.

i had to reply to this one. you really are a moron my friend. who clearly doesnt read my posts properly, you just want to put me down for making a point in the forum you dont like.
i didnt say anything about me being better than anybody at this game, really not the aim of the thread. this will be my last reply to you i really cant stand your frankly poor attitude...

i do know how to play yes, when did i say i know more than others?

also i have acknowledged other peoples points, and discussed them with a few people. i simply dont acknowedge your big headed egotistical points. im sure your a wonderfully skilled player...but i think your a bit of a dick as a person. no doubt this comment will get deleted, but im proper sick of your attitude towards me.

Check your attitude before you complain about mine. Here's my first post.

WHAT you can attack is limited on what route you are, and what route your targets are. You can attack at 50% and land/win if your route works well against your targets, otherwise, you go smaller until you meet that threshold needed to ensure a land-grab. Its not attacks like that that kill the game, It's people refusing to learn the game. This game is not newbie friendly, its got a hellacious learning curve.

To the point and free of any flame. But you ignored it.. You claim to understand the game, and then ignore players who have played this for years. You could completely ignore all my posts and you'll still see the same points made. This is not by coincidence.

You can't claim I'm only making the argument because I'm a top player, because I've played at the bottom as often as any other, and spent more than enough time in the rank 2-3 alliances being bashed by rank 1. Attempting to flame me will not change that fact.

The simple fact is, you refuse to learn, and so you will eventually quit and blame the mechanics. Your part of a growing generation that doesn't want to work for anything, so when things get hard, you quit blaming others for your inadequacies.

If you want to help the game, teach others (and yourself) to rebuild. If you had played this game in its most active period, there were a lot fewer game mechanics to make things easier for you, and the player-base loved it. It was the few whining complainers that didn't want to put in the effort that made things harder for people who actually put in an effort.

And btw - I've played honorable.. I can do that as well, and apparently I do it better than you as I still end up spending most of the round in the top 40-50 trying to lose score so I have more targets.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Hi All

I think Alci pretty much summed up the difference between rank 1 and any alliance lower in rank. Just a shame for the game that those below rank 1 don't apply the same tactics.

Cheers

Coruba