Killing The Game

dave

Harvester
News from your sources is that in 7 ticks, 166,500,000 people from xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx [xxxx] will arrive to attack you. Mob ETA was modified by +2 from: Attacking at 30-35% attack range.

attacks like this are killing the game.

some people need to get a life and send proper attacks.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I agree, people should only send attacks that will epically fail.

oh wait, I mean that in total sarcasm - what do you expect people to do?

dave

Harvester

i dont expect sending at +2....

your obviously totally missing the point, you can send at 50% and still totally smash ur opponent.

+2's are cowardly. scorequeeny and as i say...killing the game.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

your obviously totally missing the point, you can send at 50% and still totally smash ur opponent.

That's not true. I don't have a lot of targets in my 50% range or higher that I can take on my own. They're either in alliances that can muster vastly more troops than i can, or they are solo and have too high of an AR to currently attack (usually due to idiot rushing).

So I have to make do with whatever targets I can find. I'm sorry that I'm hitting at +2, and I really don't enjoy doing it, if only because it takes so darn long; but I'll be damned if i'm going to be a scorequeen and just sit on my troops and do nothing with them when I have perfectly valid targets in range.

I would happily attack in 50% or higher, I just can't :(

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I understand your point, I don't understand the tunnelled logic behind your point. Game mechanics allow it with penalties (a bounty placed on the attacker's head, smaller land grab and a larger ETA). At the score you are at your attacker obviously has very limited targets, so taking these penalties still make you a more appealing target.

If someone is SUCH a good target then it's their fault, not the fact someone can attack you. It's a fault of yours that noone else in his 30%+ range is as good of a target as you.

Think of it from the attacker's perspective and you'll be better at the game, set your troops up to deter as many people as possible!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
tbh if solo he cant oversend. (though the max limit for sending at some one with 0% ar is a bit high imo)

and if allied you can defend incomings reasonably well if you arent much larger than the rest of your alliance.

I think bushtarion is alot like the economy. It is in a slump, but saying it's **** isnt helping. its making things worse. This to my mind isnt the thing killing the game, considering the game was thriving when you could still send at 17.5%

infact sometimes the larger players sending at people so small are too arrogant, and end up dying horrifically, which is a good moral booster

Died: 297,951,459 [£5,631,210,050,000] enemies dead. 18,969,999 [£152,987,083,100] friendlies dead.

dave

Harvester
woah woah woah, how do i set up my troops to deter some1 with 5.5bill score more than me.
you obviously always play at the higher levels. not to sound like im aiming anything at you, i have no problem with yourself ingame or otherwise.

im merely pointing out that its making alot of players leave the game.

if people love the game as much as the say they shuld stop doing it. simple massing its not good, new players to the game instantly getting massed and think wers the point, and older players who remember when the game was truely great, not just get massed.

the worst ive seen so far is 3 players on 1 tick, 2 send with +1. this cannot be justified with any excuse of target availability.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
woah woah woah, how do i set up my troops to deter some1 with 5.5bill score more than me.
you obviously always play at the higher levels. not to sound like im aiming anything at you, i have no problem with yourself ingame or otherwise.

im merely pointing out that its making alot of players leave the game.

if people love the game as much as the say they shuld stop doing it. simple massing its not good, new players to the game instantly getting massed and think wers the point, and older players who remember when the game was truely great, not just get massed.

the worst ive seen so far is 3 players on 1 tick, 2 send with +1. this cannot be justified with any excuse of target availability.

Why is it I (or Alci) only play at higher levels? I am myself a solo without a PNAP, on this basis I keep my land fat at a low level relative to others around me to stop myself being a target. I make sure I set myself up so that when attackers hack me, other individuals are more appealing to hit...

I also struggle to put forward a well constructed argument when the debate is about being attacked by those bigger than you... people will attack so they win.

I see what you mean but do you normally send attacks where you get hurt, or do you try and take as few losses as possible for the best gain (beit land or bounty)?

dave

Harvester
me personally?
i send on the basis of winning the br, if i take alot of losses i dont mind, so long as i get alot of kills.

i love a good br and if i take alot of losses to get good kills so be it.

i dont suicide my troops i do send to people i can kill.

i just dont send +2...

its not hard to do.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
me personally?
i send on the basis of winning the br, if i take alot of losses i dont mind, so long as i get alot of kills.

i love a good br and if i take alot of losses to get good kills so be it.

i dont suicide my troops i do send to people i can kill.

i just dont send +2...

its not hard to do.

See if it's as easy when you have 5.5bil more score than you have now...?

;)

dave

Harvester
id give it a good go. i appreciate all the points your making to, i just feel the game doesnt have to be played that way, unless your scared of taking a few losses for a damn good br.

but there we go things wont change, and the game will continue to become smaller and smaller.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
WHAT you can attack is limited on what route you are, and what route your targets are. You can attack at 50% and land/win if your route works well against your targets, otherwise, you go smaller until you meet that threshold needed to ensure a land-grab. Its not attacks like that that kill the game, It's people refusing to learn the game. This game is not newbie friendly, its got a hellacious learning curve.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Oh, look, a complaint thread without any real value. We don't see these very often

dave

Harvester
lol your all missing my point.
i dont consider myself to be a bad player, having portalled a few rounds ago in a smaller alliance, finishing honourably because i dont attack +1 +2 unless someone pisses me off in game. it can be done i have done it... the point of people needing to learn the game is redundant, i know this game and it still happens to me.

i understand that maybe you dnt wanna loose units so u attack +1 +2, ur trying to win the game. but trust me it is killing the game people get fed up of putting in the effort and dieing when multiple people send, or some1 just masses with far more units.

i think some people dont really understand what im trying to say here.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
blabla.. your... blabla

i understand that maybe you dnt wanna loose units so u attack +1 +2, ur trying to win the game. but trust me it is killing the game people get fed up of putting in the effort and dieing when multiple people send, or some1 just masses with far more units.

1. YOU'RE

2. all those issues are still there at 40% as well, +1 and +2 don't change anything

dave

Harvester
of course +1 and +2 changes things, especially at +2 it can add alot of score difference, which is troop difference, compared to 40%

also screw my grammer...doesnt have any relavance

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
YOU don't understand the game, I know this because, you see it every round. Rank 1 gets ahead of everyone and now their attacks HAVE to be +1 or +2. They usually attack rank 2/3 and their bigger members who are in range are also contactable so the bigger players doing most of the +2 attacking aren't killing anyone. Getting abusive mails from your targets/attackers does a lot more damage than attacking +2. If your solo, and they're hitting +2, they are limited in what they can send to attack, if your allied, you have an alliance that can defend. It all evens out. If your getting killed because someone is attacking +2, you need to look at how you are playing, not complain about how others are playing. I suggest you find one of the more experienced players that does a lot of solo play and get with them about your route setup, a decent setup will deter most attackers.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
just by the by i have had rank 1 alliances attacking our rank 2 alliance in the past sending 6 guys or more on a tick all +1 or +2 pretty much to land without a fight or if there was a fight one they would win.

It didnt make me quit or leave nor anyone else in my alliance, some did think it was pathetic, i thought it was awsome that our alliance was so good defencively they needed over quarter of thier alliance all 2-3x the size of the target to have a chance of landing. and then they get massively capped massive -ve honour, and steal like 200 acres each.
and when we explained that to the alliance we kinda felt good that we were that good

but a thread like this or if you were in an alliance and you start complaining "omg so unfair the guy attacking me is 3x my score." the new players will believe it is unfair. when really its perfectly easy to defend. that BS is killing the game. that stupid mentality of it being unfair and too difficult is more damaging than anyone sending a +2 attack.

Especially at higher ranks. where there troops are 50% flak and 40% land score. just look at WTFudge. he is 3 times some peoples scores. but would you be scared of that? would that scare you? if he sent at you and was 3 x your score would you be scared?

System hack WTFudge successful:
Staff
Gardener [0] Harvester [0]
Combine Harvester [209,696] Tractor [62,978]
Hippy [0] Yob [0]
Wheelbarrower [0] Geo-Phys Thief [168,936]
Serf [0] Apprentice [0]
Witch [0] Sorcerer [0]
Siren [0] Iron Golem [0]
Dragon [0]

22,000 acres 4-5billion score. and he could hurt a fly.

would you have made this thread if he had sent at you? Id like to think not. Doing well at this game is not about just contactability and knowledge. Its your mentality, and picking your battles. Its looking like if you were attacked and killed you would take them with you kicking and screaming into zero'd ville. and making it damn hard for them to attack you. have you seen any incoming a drunk in public from obnox. probably very little....why, because it takes a whole heap of effort to attack them. it sometimes fails, and just doesnt seem worth while for thier troop heavy land thin asses, when you have better solos and other alliances you can have a go at.