Skyrim!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
It actually doesn't require a good PC to play. I bought this pre-built Lenovo crap for 350$ and it sits somewhere between the minimum and recommended requirements

but im sure the graphics of a playstation/xbox (which would cost the same) would be much better.

Frijj

Harvester
I done a daedra quest and got the Wabbajack staff. That makes everything more interesting you never know what you're going to end up fighting. If you haven't used it, it changes the enemy into a random creature. I turned a wolf into a spirit thing which almost killed me. Anyone else got the staff and had some funny results?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Also, in terms of forging what do you have to do exactly its kind of confusing?

Actually, having gone further into it, I'd say don't do any forging/smithing. It's overpowered and takes alot of the fun out of the game. There's no excitement about fighting your way through a dungeon to steal some high level armour or rare weapon if you know you could just forge it yourself without even needing to leave Whiterun.

Next time I play through I'm going to completely ignore it.

actually im with you on that. had dragon bone plate and some nice smithing bonus from gear and potions and i was hard to kill, finally got full set of daedric armour and 2maces

1211 armour 692 weapon damage from duel wield. ...when you can one hit giants and dragons, it takes all the fun out. i have to use crap weapons just so i can level one handed skill.... and 100 enchanting so weapon damage and magic resistance means not even the magic damage that use to cut through me hurts much now. i even put my dragon bone on my companion and hit him. and the mace's 50% ignore armour meant i could still one hit my companion in dragon plate armour with a shield :(

though I could put the difficulty up in options which i was considering doing. then i thought if i just complete the quests and story as i want to, and i can play back through as another race and class. and this time probably not get smithing perks though still level it to improve what i scavenge. and those extra 10 skills i can put into more fun stuff like hurling fireballs :p i almost want to try archery because of the slow down time without the shouts but i get the feeling im going to be a mage :p

but yeah full blacksmithing is easy mode. though the daedric armour looks amazing, even has a red glow between the plates of armour, i cant find a screen shot that shows how awsome it looks. i think most are screen shots of female versions and the male version is soo much better, so much more glowy

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Also, in terms of forging what do you have to do exactly its kind of confusing?
that said. to turn ore into metal you need a smelter thing, it looks like a giant kilmn(spelling?) . you need to go to whiterun to find the first one closest to where you start. go up to it and click it if you have enough ore the thing you can make will be highlighted in white

the forging is simple. click on the pit of embers,look at what you want to make. you unlock different types of armour by putting skills in the black smith tree. you cant make orc stuff till you unlock it for example. you start with iron and hide.

at he bottom it tells you what you need. most need several "ingots" of the metal and leather strips. leather strips are made from leather, which in turn is made from animal pelts and hides, normally around a blacksmithing area is a tanning rack, it looks like two sticks with some canvas stretched over it. by using it you can turn pelt into leather and leather into leather stripps. bracers and daggers require the least materials. you can also chose early on if you make heavy or light armour. so steel can make heavy armour plate or light armour. you are noisier and slower in heavy armour, but quieter and quicker in light armour. and it weighs less so you have more inventory capacity.

i dunno what else to tell you apart from that. warriors wear plate normally, rogues normally wear light armour. and mages can just wear clothes and use magic, or if you like you can make plate armour and still use magic, but it weighs you down. and you cant carry as much as likely if you're mage you have put skills in magic not stamina

nothing stops you using anything i can use a bow or a dagger or magic or fireballs. just everything is pretty weak until you put skill points in a class. and that decides what your best off using. For the grind stone you need the metal ingot of the type of material the weapon is made out of and the work bench does the same but for shields and armour.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Anyone know if you get the sneak one handed bonus with a conjured sword?
And if one handed perks have any influence on conjured swords?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Anyone know if you get the sneak one handed bonus with a conjured sword?
And if one handed perks have any influence on conjured swords?

[pointless response]
thought you meant somethign else. i think, onehanded weapons skill improves damage actually that may just be gear.
[/pointless response]

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
just went to markath. its definately the coolest city so far!

and mace of molag bal. AWSOME! just when you think you have seen it all you find a little treasure hidden away. the west side of skyrim is so much cooler than the east

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
All this talk of 682 damage and 1748565 armour and there's little old me with my archmage robes and my flames and sparks (12 damage a second oh yeah!!) and I'm loving it. I'm finding the game just challenging enough without being annoying.

Going through the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests ATM, really enjoying both of them. I never play games like this on the bad side as normally decisions you make limit your choices later on (like the karma system in fallout which is annoying as hell) but the way it works in skyrim is way better I think. Doesn't limit you to a set pathway each play though meaning you can explore more of the game at the same time.

I'm sure I've said this before but do not start playing this game if you have anything else you need to do in your life!!! Haha, I have so much Uni work to do at the moment but I'm still putting in like 6-8 hours a day on this sometimes.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
just went to markath. its definately the coolest city so far!

and mace of molag bal. AWSOME! just when you think you have seen it all you find a little treasure hidden away. the west side of skyrim is so much cooler than the east

Mace of Molag Bal is AWESOME :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
funny-pictures-i-found-u-a-skyrim-dragon-but-i-beated-it.jpg

Steve_God

Official Helper
I hadn't really considered this until I found out it was made by the same peeps as Fallout, and after looking into it I'm definitely going to get this! Although most likely next year when I'll actually have some time to play it :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
im acually really enjoying levelling up other skills, its like its breathed a whole new life into the game, and it keeps the game challenging using light armour or two handed weapons instead of the weapons/armour i have skills to use., im around level 48 with my first character and have so much more questing to do, its nice to be able to try other stuff by levellling the main skill even without skill points assigned in the trees. Using light armour despite being a warrior, sneaking around in the nightingale clothing (because it looks the bomb) & slitting throats is AWSOME fun. im still undecided with my last few points do i max out bow damage or put 1 point in sneak for the +20%

already planning my next character as a drumner assassin come mage.

i like the idea of silent spells and invisibility spells, but combining it with being extra sneaky. maybe even using a conjured bound-bow instead of a real bow. see if i can balance out a nice mixed skilled character.

any one know if bound bow can get the extra damage with the sneak perks btw? i know it combines with archery perks. slow down time etc. i know twigley wanted to know if the same was true for the bound sword. so if any one finds out id be pretty interested.

if all else fails ill go heavy destruction, dressing said character up to look like a sith lord and electroshocking low level npc's in third person will probably keep me entertained.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Decided to crack on and complete the main quest. I'm in awe of the amount of epic. This game is dangerously close to perfect.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I hadn't really considered this until I found out it was made by the same peeps as Fallout, and after looking into it I'm definitely going to get this! Although most likely next year when I'll actually have some time to play it :p

Bah... I cracked under discount advertising pressure on the TV after seeing it for £22.49 and bought it... Should have it in a few days! :)

Ps. Also bought 'Rage' while I was online too :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
let us know what you think of rage. I still have the demo on download but am never online but not playing skyrim.

...im contemplating starting the main quest line or the storm cloak rebellion quest line. any opinions on Which one is more fun?

CFalcon

Official Helper
let us know what you think of rage. I still have the demo on download but am never online but not playing skyrim.

...im contemplating starting the main quest line or the storm cloak rebellion quest line. any opinions on Which one is more fun?

Undoubtedly the main quest. Stormcloak quest has its moments, but the vast majority of it is just killing imperial soldiers in forts; not much different from bountying bandits.

The only trouble with the main quest is once its done, everything else feels kinda mundane. So take your time with it and enjoy it.

Also, 75% off Oblivion on Steam? Well, if I have to....

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I finally got my destruction tree maxed to 100 last night. Then did the quest to get the final 3 destruction spells. They're EPIC :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s0YTDtei4I

Plus with my sick enchants on my gear destruction spells cost me no mana, so i can spam those all i like :D

Next I wanna max my conjuration tree, once you get that maxed you can summon permanent zombies/dremor/thralls and have 2 at the same time, walking army anyone? :D

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i have this on another character. trying out my bound bow stealth character with maxed out derstruction. going well. conjuring **** is fun. and makes good tanks once you have frost archon (or steal the staff from archmage in winterhold college) just really need my upgrade in expert spells. so i can get the next level of spells. but i find although looks slow and pathetic the aoe/dot ice storm is great with upgraded frost damage. it seems larger and takes out most enemies pretty well/ particularly larger dragons/giants/mamoths. (if you have the balls to get close enough) as the larger NPC stay in the storm path longer because of thier size.

i still cant get used to casting wards to defend against magic. i just get stunned then smashed up. its far eaasier to run around like a headless chicken avoiding arrows and spells than block them and cast a conjured archon to draw the fire(conjured daedra is going to be sick)

all the above aside, how much magic do the final spells cost? as i am sure i saw a figure close to 600-900 magic per cast. (meaning you really have to max out enchanting and enchant fortify magic/fortify the magic of ypur choice) and spend most if not all your skill point on magic?

My plan you see would be duel enchanting (light armour probably glass as its easy to find on the thieves guild/darkbrotherhood missions to keep stealth for bow fun)

chest: would be fortify destruction&magic regen /+/fortify conjur&magic regen
wrists: fort.conjur + fort.desruction
neclace: fort.conjur + fort.desruction
ring: fort.conjur + fort.desruction

may be able to get away with like 3 pieces enchanted depending if it maxes out at 25% or 35% with and without elixir of enchanting? but if you need like 900 magic to cast the spells at master level then you have to max out enchanting to be able to use them, which i still havent decided if i want to do