Begin the resistance! | R41

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Can I just ask - If you guys, Kiwi, stayed "for the lolz" and without concern for your score loss, why are you here within 15 mins of just posting our BR to defend yourselves?

Surely if you don't care, you wouldn't be getting trolled by our BRs so easily ?

I didnt even realise that was just now. i thought these posts were old. lols

i really dont understand your point. or post.

im in kiwi yes. you think i give two ***** what the rest of kiwi does? you think im playing as a team player. not landing on attacks i could land. always attacking rarely helping attacks. im as good as a solo who can post in the alliance pols and plan the occasional hit. and join in the banta. im keeping low so i can hit random people and kill.

i was on the forums anyway. and thought id read this thread to see if twigly had added to his previous reply. and now you think im defending the fact people claim to stay for the hell of it and the BR. thats your opinion. but i can read our politics. you cant....

Im not gonna justify my allie mates motivation to you. lol i can only go on what i read.

this is a direct quote from the attacks thread.

member 1: "who wants to stay ftf"
member 2: "ill stay if everyone else does"
member 3: "ill stay"
member 1: "ill stay too"
member 4: "stay."

member 1:"its gonna hurt us :D"
member 6: " suicide battles are fun"
haha dont worry fer i lost everything too :p

.... post br....

member 2: "it doesnt matter to me though, i prefer seeing big BRs .. as long as people die with me i dont care at all hehe"
member 6:Indeed lol! Ah well, fun times. /recall.
member 1: quotes member 2 and then says "hell yeah!! that's the attitude. i want to use my units, not collect them"

and it continues, braggin how much they make a day, how its barely anything to get back between them. how it waqs worth it... how member x got screwed over the worst, and lols.

to me.... i dont think they give a flying ****. and i dont think i need to defend them... but thats my opinion on how they feel.... and as until now you dont know what thier opinion is and what they have said....well quite frankly your opinion is based on fiction and the projection of your own insecurities on to others.... they arent score queens like you. get over it...they like to fight... I dont. hell if i fight i like to win. or at least give as good as i get. these guys...they dont give a flying ****.. so think what you like. the truth is clear to see.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
None of us know, definitively whether you guys thought you had any chance of staying.

That isn't the point.

The point is we smashed you guys in that BR. We've come to the forums to post a big BR.

Now, if you guys wanna jump on us for doing that, and throw out the "we did it for lolz" card, that's fine; you guys all died horribly for fun.

That doesn't remove the fact we've had a quality BR against a far bigger and far more dedicated opponent. Rank 1.

Coming over here and "downplaying" everything doesn't make our victory any smaller - All the numbers stay the same.

Rowan

Harvester
Haha I love you Willy.

It's quite true though, at this point those of us down within smacking range really don't care. The top 10 have our backs so we'll be fine while we rebuild and it's always fun to give FeR **** that he always gets shat on when he attacks :p

EDIT: One thing there DA, I really don't think you could call the group that attacked you "more dedicated", I really don't. Bigger, sure. And I'm not trying to downplay the numbers, it's a good'un, don't get me wrong. But I don't know that anyone is really scrambling around trying to defend what was a piss poor attack by the core "piss poor attack" group and a couple of the lower members who had nothing better to do.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
you know what. enjoy your victory and bragging rights...w/e

I hope it means alot to you. but no doubt you will claim that at the end of the round. when the round awards are coming around.... that its a hollow victory.... there was no competition for rank 1..

ill throw this back into your face.. just because the competition this round was shitty, it doesnt make our truimph any less significant... so i completely agree. you smashed us. you won the br. and why is beyond what you want to know.

thats fine. but it rubs both ways. and yet i garentee people will still say..."its a hollow victory, there was no competition" like when klepto won the round. and it was hollow victory because twigs suicided.... if you ask why. probably because they didnt want to stay up all night during our active time to face the incoming revenge for thier very skillful CG massing.

but the player base seem to be so hypocritical and love to belittle others achievements so much. So DA im sorry if you thought that was our intent. it was not. doesnt change the fact we could have not fought that Br. we could have recalled, and SQ.

so we are either SQ. or we are not.... the nice Br surely should be proof as if we need to justify ourselves to anyone... but still proof enough we are not SQ's it is not intended to belittle your victory. because at the end of the day we didnt recall. You did win. and i would never try and take that away from you.... But you must admit... SQ's...I think not

so please. stop this needless trolling. you said all you needed to say with your defence. it was good enough to kill us. you dont need to say more, your actions spoke louder than any words.... just hope you realise now, we arent sq's

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Haha I love you Willy.

It's quite true though, at this point those of us down within smacking range really don't care. The top 10 have our backs so we'll be fine while we rebuild and it's always fun to give FeR **** that he always gets shat on when he attacks :p

EDIT: One thing there DA, I really don't think you could call the group that attacked you "more dedicated", I really don't. Bigger, sure. And I'm not trying to downplay the numbers, it's a good'un, don't get me wrong. But I don't know that anyone is really scrambling around trying to defend what was a piss poor attack by the core "piss poor attack" group and a couple of the lower members who had nothing better to do.

To clarify I meant Kiwi as a whole, when I referred to dedication. And I didn't mean now, either, I meant during the first 2 weeks of the round when you guys were flat out the most active/contactable alliance - when nobody else had anywhere near that type of commitment. That earned you guys the win, as it does with most alliances. Only you guys didn't get to stage 2 of that win - which is defeating the FTW competition: There hasn't been any.

I don't wanna turn this into an argument about how much you guys deserve rank 1, though. You're rank 1 this round, how meaningful that is will be debated for rounds to come - But not by me, because I don't really care all that much :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
ill throw this back into your face.. just because the competition this round was shitty, it doesnt make our truimph any less significant

Well it does, really. Anyone with a working brain can tell you it isn't difficult to win a one horse race. The only thing this round will be remembered for is the complete lack of competition, not the alliance who won it.

Angela

Harvester
like ive said before combo are happy with the br and the numbers (which is there right) kiwi members on the attack are happy that they stayed and lost troops, so tell me again why are you both "debating" about something that made you all so happy?

This question actually applys to both combo and kiwi members (except willy since i actually understand why he posting) since you are both all going on and on about something that made you all happy!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ill throw this back into your face.. just because the competition this round was shitty, it doesnt make our truimph any less significant

Well it does, really. Anyone with a working brain can tell you it isn't difficult to win a one horse race. The only thing this round will be remembered for is the complete lack of competition, not the alliance who won it.

toby. its not a one horse race if the alliance that is playing ftw against you just happens to have no back bone and quits. but people still say.. oh you had no competition.. your enemies lack of stamina should not make a difference. you win because you deserve to. sure its better to win by beating the better team. then win by default. but its not as clear cut as you make out. and certainly not as clear cut as people think by the time the round ends. yet had the resistance won they would have claimed glory and victory and how they thwarted thier adversary and how **** rank 1 was and how great they are

its all hypocritical bull ****.... even with two ftw alliances. if one rage quits after <1week becaus you beat them easily, people think it makes your victory less. Yet when you beat some one but only just or only after some time warring...some how thats better. thats more skilled. the harder fought your victory the more it is worth.... when really. its not always the case...sure it feels the sweeter for your hard work. butdoes not necesserily makes your allince worse or your achievment worse just because you crush what competition there was.

in summary

People are C*nts, who like to belittle others victories. or make opinions based on half truths and a greatly squewed view. from thier limited perspective.....and that doesnt make them right. and make your achievements less. its just makes them c*nts.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
like ive said before combo are happy with the br and the numbers (which is there right) kiwi members on the attack are happy that they stayed and lost troops, so tell me again why are you both "debating" about something that made you all so happy?

This question actually applys to both combo and kiwi members (except willy since i actually understand why he posting) since you are both all going on and on about something that made you all happy!

Dunno Angela. We posted a BR, Kiwi came here downplaying said BR.

Combo are guilty of nothing but posting a tidy BR. Kiwi came in to downplay it, Combo have downplayed their downplay, in order to play down the play that was played and downplayed.

Simples.

work.7284575.4.sticker,375x360.monocle-guy-meme-lulzsec-v1.png

I personally haven't done anything to try and provoke/troll Kiwi members.

[Edit - N.B Lucky, I have emboldened and underlined hostile losses in the BR you posted, hope that's ok xx]

Steve_God

Official Helper

Dunno Angela. We posted a BR, Kiwi came here downplaying said BR.

Combo are guilty of nothing but posting a tidy BR. Kiwi came in to downplay it, Combo have downplayed their downplay, in order to play down the play that was played and downplayed.

Simples.

work.7284575.4.sticker,375x360.monocle-guy-meme-lulzsec-v1.png

I personally haven't done anything to try and provoke/troll Kiwi members.

[Edit - N.B Lucky, I have emboldened and underlined hostile losses in the BR you posted, hope that's ok xx]

I second this fine gentlemans comments.

Good day to you all!

hat_tip2%28B%2BW%29.gif

Max

Garden Designer
Surely this isn't worth either team gloating over at all.

Kiwi worked bloody hard and won the round. Now they have won it, they have the right to suicide at will without caring at all. I think Kiwi knew on day 1 that they would win it, and personally I'd have rather they made it more difficult for themselves by going public as Icy suggested :D But nevertheless, they won it because they were more committed.

Combo have proved that their route setup really works, and this is great to see :D Nice one guys! It's just a shame that it was against an opponent that wanted to die.

Now instead of showing us all these meaningless BRs about "WE DEFENDED RANK 1!" let's have more interesting fighting talk and BRs about the fight for rank 2!!! Anagram Combo wars! Come on guys - who's gonna succeed? I think that's far more interesting, and worth boasting about.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I agree with most of what Max said (probably because I didn't read it all), except the part when he says kiwi "worked hard to win" :/

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

toby. its not a one horse race if the alliance that is playing ftw against you just happens to have no back bone and quits. but people still say.. oh you had no competition.. your enemies lack of stamina should not make a difference. you win because you deserve to. sure its better to win by beating the better team. then win by default. but its not as clear cut as you make out. and certainly not as clear cut as people think by the time the round ends. yet had the resistance won they would have claimed glory and victory and how they thwarted thier adversary and how **** rank 1 was and how great they are

its all hypocritical bull ****.... even with two ftw alliances. if one rage quits after <1week becaus you beat them easily, people think it makes your victory less. Yet when you beat some one but only just or only after some time warring...some how thats better. thats more skilled. the harder fought your victory the more it is worth.... when really. its not always the case...sure it feels the sweeter for your hard work. butdoes not necesserily makes your allince worse or your achievment worse just because you crush what competition there was.

in summary

People are C*nts, who like to belittle others victories. or make opinions based on half truths and a greatly squewed view. from thier limited perspective.....and that doesnt make them right. and make your achievements less. its just makes them c*nts.

The rather important fact you seem to be skipping around is that there was no other competition this round at all. Nobody else wanted to win. There was Kiwi, and then there was Combo (a self-advertised non-ftw alliance with a route theme), and there was Anagram (a fun alliance with an anagram name theme), and TDA (advertised as a training alliance).

Where exactly is this stamina-lacking, backbone-less, FTW alliance which you valiantly slew in the epic battle for victory?

And yes, if the resistance had succeeded this round it would've been quite an achievement because it was 3 part-timers against a FTW alliance. It didn't work though because they were all fun alliances. And the fact that all the resisting alliances were fun alliances means THERE WAS NO COMPETITION.

I'm not saying rank 1 are ****, but there is no way to judge how good they are because THERE WERE NO OTHER FTW ALLIANCES. Dunno how many times I'm going to have to say that before it permeates.

I don't know what delusional mental realm you are currently residing in, but in the wonderful world I like to call Sanity, if there is only 1 alliance who are trying to win and 3 other alliances who blatantly don't care, there isn't much glory in victory.

It's like Man United being in a competition with Accrington Stanley, Southport and The King's Head Sunday League Team. Do you think they would come out and say "it isn't the quality of your opponents which matters. Our victory still has significance!"

Max

Garden Designer
"worked hard to win" :/

I think this needs clarification, you are right!

When I say "worked hard to win" I don't mean that they slugged their guts out to attack / defend against others in difficult circumstances. I mean that even though they were winning by miles, and would win even if they weren't contactable, they chose to play at all hours of the day, sacrifice sleep, set alarms at night... etc. etc.

So in that way, they did work hard for the win, it wasn't because the playerbase forced them to they just chose to anyway, even though they had it in the bag after 24 hours :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
What difficult circumstances did they have to defend against, Max? I must have missed those !

And I think this is the point - does playing a 16 hour day and keeping your phone switched on (which is all that has been asked of kiwi, to win) merit a meaningful win?

I think a lot of people would dispute that.

-

That said, as has been pointed out maybe Kiwi would have overcome another FTW alliance or two. Given most of Kiwi is actually Charades from last round though, and they failed to overcome TBA, I'd challenge that, myself. This isn't an attack on Kiwi, I'm merely throwing out a theory or two :)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
This is a little offtopic, but is it true that kiwi kicked willy, stole his acres and then let him back in? And if it is true did they kill him or did he just send away?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
willy, being non articulate

toby being blunt.

willy failing to explain his points still.

The rather important fact you seem to be skipping around is that there was no other competition this round at all. Nobody else wanted to win. There was Kiwi, and then there was Combo (a self-advertised non-ftw alliance with a route theme), and there was Anagram (a fun alliance with an anagram name theme), and TDA (advertised as a training alliance).

toby normally you are well articulated, to the point, logical and correct. and as such i always respect your opinion, and value it higher than most peoples, you are one of 8 opinions i hold in high regard, and this is why i feel i must debate with you more than most. because i want to see your point of view. but im struggling at the moment. but that aside let me explain also

I did not mean to claim this round was anything more than it was. there was no competition i agree. but there was a resistance. twice. i just wanted to express to DA, ive had people belittle my achievements and its uneceseerily bitter mean ting to do. just like im sure people will try again at round end to make it seem like we are somehow less of an alliance because we won too easily.

blowing out some one elses candle does not make yours glow any brighter. that was my aim of the comments, and my reasoning being i will not feel this victory hollow this round... if you see it as that from on outsider looking in. then so be it. but i will not. and i would not belittle anyone elses victory having been on the recieving end.

my point was simply meant to be more of a reflection that people said the klepto maniac victory was hollow because twigley suicided. trying to belittle our victory. yet we fought and destroyed omni. and caused them to rage quit. the only other alliance trying. and twigs didnt want to fight. so they suicided. we crushed the enemy. within 1 week. yet all people said was there was no competition because of how easily we beat them. and because twigs suicded. yet omni were more ftw than res the round before, or my little pwnies the round after. yet people seem to judge somethign on how easily its won. and because its not won easily, its somehow better than if it is won easily.

my point to you is this is far from the case. i was a briber in mlp. as if jukeboxes victory is any less or more because we didnt rage quit after they beat us.. its stupid...or we didnt suicide and not fight them properly. it should not detract from your achievement.

and as such having experienced this I WOULD NEVER intentionally belittle anothers achievment just to hide some embarassment at dying in a battle report. like DA thought we were trying to do

when really the swiftness of the victory doesnt mean jack ****. because being in res, and mlpwnies. there was no competition. infact before last round there hasnt been any real competition for a while. but only certain people belittle others

all i was trying to do was reassue DA that because of these experiences i was not trying to troll or belittle the win combo had just now. congratulations, it was a nice BR. I was just trying to articulate less clearly what max just did. and reafirm im not a person that would ever try to make some one elses victory look less than it was. just to make my victory 9 rounds before look better.

it is what it is. anyway im done debating this. we won this round, it wasnt easy. but ti wasnt perhaps so hard as others have had it. but its never going to be. not whilst the amount of ftw alliances is 2 or less. yet its always when im in a ftw alliance people point out the hollowness of the victory. it gets my back up, because the fact is if i was a ****ing pussy and res disbanded/mlp disbanded....is that not the same. is the actions of others not far to influencial on peoples opinions. when they no jack **** having not been on the recieving end.... You do not know what ther team put in to achieve its victory. you only know what you see. and because they win easily you assume the competiton is ****. not the alliance is too good....why? is this actually the case. Is it true. Is it quantifiable? im beyond caring now, simply picking at old scars.....but i did care for your opinion toby. I Do value it. You saying our victory is hollow is infinitely more devistating than 20 people whos opinion i dont respect saying its hollow.

[/rant]
[/offtopic]

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Open that offtopic tab again to answer my question please. (I'm not trolling or anything, I really don't know what happened and I'm curious)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
thought it would :p But I've been inactive as Twigley's penis lately

128295894532.jpg

My face when willy makes a ramble post without punctuating and you have to punctuate the post to understand it and then troll it:

images

Edit: Willy, Klepto's win was meaningless because their competition (read: Omni) were a very bad alliance and we (The rank 3 alliance untill Omni disbanded) were AIMING for rank 2 so we could have a far more enjoyable round. We were in no position to fight you with our crazy route set up but still trolled you a bit and then trolled some more by speeding up our obvious death due to none of us wanting to win or resist or stay up. Either A) Go to bed and die anyway or B) Do some attacks, steal mass land, suicide for the fun of it. Same end result but we did it on OUR terms and had some laughs doing it. And it set up a very very very very very enjoyable round for myself. Great result.

Ill admit, this round is a bit more impressive as there was actually a resistance but it was still nothing much as you were always going to win. No other alliance would have kept up there.

I remember not so long ago the alliance i organised all attacks for basically had a same meaningless victory. When we (Last Stand) were far superior to IoF's alliance, we raped them in a few days and they were the only competition if you could call it that.

Face it that the only time you've had real competition you lost :(

Edit Edit: Oh surprise, more mutual land farming from willy and the same alliance.

Last edited: