Getting a bit fed up with this now

Izziblem

Planter
So as you may or may not remember last round I was going to join an alliance to get to know other people that play the game.

However, I managed to convince some friends to sign up this round and also my partner agreed to be more active and play properly as solo partners. So for the last week or so we have been very active defending each other attacking together, attacking targets that ruined the other one etc. This round I have to say I have enjoyed the most out of any round I've played.

So imagine my surprise when I logged on today to receive this message

Subject:
,ID XXXX wrote:
yur a smeging multi cheater asshole

spi reports prove it
and you have been reported
smeging

Rude to say the least so I tell my partner about this message and it turns out that he in turn received this from the same user.

Subject:
Private Sent by:XXXX Mon 05th Sep, 2011. 10:44:32 GMT Reply F
Subject:
smeger
multi
cheater

gutless smeging smeger

So,again this is more of a rant than anything else but seriously what the flip?!?!

My
Partner has a successful attack on someone at the weekend while we are playing together, someone attacks him so I defend and viceversa. Apparently someone with a bee in their bonnet because they got attacked and lost land has suddenly decided that we both in fact cheating.

So what am I supposed to do? Is everyone on bush like this because so far everyone I've attacked (apart from my friends. :p) has mailed me giving me abuse for picking them as a target.

All of this is making me not enjoy the game and I feel bad that i've got 4 new people to sign up and they get mails with people being rude to them too.

I suppose my point is this is not a fantastic way to make new players stay or in fact old people want to stay.

End of rant.

In other news hi to everyone I haven't been on in a while hope you're all good :)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yes, were all vicious monsters.

hug__by_Defies.jpg

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
This is a pretty malicious kind of game. The whole purpose being to kill and steal land from other people, so the mindset is already a hostile one, and sometimes there are people who forget the game aspect and focus purely on the hostile aspect.

Just like in CoD there's always someone who will call you a camping faggot for beating him, on here there will always be someone who assumes the worst because it is impossible for you to get the better of them without you cheating.

Not everybody on here is like that, but you will only ever notice the ones who are because the ones who aren't won't mail you, so there is nothing to notice.

There are a few ways to respond:

1. Ignore it entirely.
2. Call him a ****wit and put him on your ignore list.
3. Thank him for his acres and kindly offer to teach him how to play the game.
4. Go back with your "multis" again and again and steal all of his land to really piss him off :p

You can't take people like that seriously. They're obviously retarded and what they say means less than nothing.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm disheartened to hear you've received such mindless/cold messages in-game. I've played this game for about 6 years now, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that these people really are a minority as far as our community goes.

Make full use of the ignore facility on mail - and be sure to forward any hostile messages you get to ID 1 (Admin) - Our admin has not been very involved publicly for some time, but I assure you anything you forward to him will be dealt with.

I will also drop you a PM :)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
nothing like being nice back to them whilst stealing their acres to really drive those idiots mad!

As an ex player Izzi i can honestly tell you that the main reason why i played this game for so long was BECAUSE of the community, the more you get stuck into the community, the more you'll enjoy the game. you yourself stated that you enjoyed this round the most, don't let the small minded minority ruin it for you ^^

Steve_God

Official Helper
nothing like being nice back to them whilst stealing their acres to really drive those idiots mad!
^^ This :)

You're always going to get the occasional accusation when you're an active solo player with an active p-nap that work together and are doing well. It's one of those positions that many people are jealous of and can get very bitter towards, as if played well then you can easily compete in the top 50. Typically, it comes from players who aren't willing to put the time and effort into being an active solo and reaping the benefits it can give.

If they're a decent person, you'll get some fun banter, a bit of rivalry, and some fun warring and battles.

If they're the minority that are yet to discover how to find the 'Instant Win' button [/sarcasm :p] then it'll frustrate them more and they'll get what they deserve. (That typically being all their land being stollen off them and all their troops killed - hey? it's a war game afterall :D)

Ps. You should've joined my ally at the start of the round when you were signed up to and you wouldn't have this problem ;) lol :p

Max

Garden Designer
I admit that whenever I get attacked I try to mail my attackers, but I always try to be polite and speak to them kindly / in a jovial fashion.

It's sad when you get silly messages like this and I am sorry that you and your friends have had to deal with it.

It's absurd and silly, but sadly it exists in most online gaming situations.

Keep fighting and show them how to do it :D

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
i keep friends-only on most of the time.. I get tired of the same ole messages telling me I won't land or will die (especially when I know better)

Max

Garden Designer
I only just in the last hour had a conversation with an attacker, which included discussions on Schrodinger's Cat.

Proof positive that you can have fantastic conversations with people who aren't on your friends list. Or is it?

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
was you attacking sametime as an allie was getting waved? If you was then you gotta expect the abuse. But if its just you and your nap attacking ignore it as its just some idiot venting his impotent frustration.

Izziblem

Planter
was you attacking sametime as an allie was getting waved? If you was then you gotta expect the abuse. But if its just you and your nap attacking ignore it as its just some idiot venting his impotent frustration.

No, I didn't even attack the guy that abused me. My partner did. The rest was just assumption on his part.

And twigley thank you for such a lovely picture. You always manage to make me feel special. Invested in an iPad so now i can be online AND in the kitchen :)

Davs

Garden Designer

No, I didn't even attack the guy that abused me. My partner did. The rest was just assumption on his part.

And twigley thank you for such a lovely picture. You always manage to make me feel special. Invested in an iPad so now i can be online AND in the kitchen :)

damn your gender's gift of multi-tasking... :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I do that **** all the time. It's my man-periods kicking in, if you ask me (roids).

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
lol, on the topic of people giving abuse to others. (sorry dax for skirting your man periods as fascinating as i'm sure they are). i find its the less experienced players. those that arent used to being bashed...

this round myself i have gotten alot of "you f**king noob faggot attacking 30%..." because im trying to be dishonourable. But its always a name i dont recognise, or people whom dont seem to know what is going on or how stuff works, seasoned players dont tend to send abuse and get annoyed.... Its people who dont understand how the game works mostly.

and as the game has so few new players join, and is mostly the same old faces i think abuse isnt going to be that common....although some people are just jerks.

anyway give em hell !

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I dunno - I got a bit arsey with Kiwi with the whole 8-man rolling wave on me in the second or third day.
Allow me, bruv.