World Cup - Stage 2 - Applying - England.

World Cup - Stage 2 - Applying - England.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
The England Team has been picked and selected, I'm sorry to all those who did not get chosen but I had to pick a team that I felt would give us the best chance of winning:

1. Martin (C)
2. Bubbles
3. Changer
4. DarkAngel
5. Freddy
6. Lukey
7. Polo
8. Ram
9. Toby
10. Twigley

I wish every other team the best of luck against the English Wall, although any attempts to try and topple us will be laughed at and crushed!!

WAAARRR HUUUUHHHH!!

Not that it matters to me as im quitting and couldnt have played, but it would have been nice to see you pick people outside your friendship group!

:p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well the list does however span multiple current alliances. if it is a 'world cup' and you are vying for your country(ies?) to beat all else...

objectionably as a captain would you not look for:
experience? especially as a serious competitor, or skilled attacker?
people you know you can contact? (i mean simply just by HL even, doesn't have to be phone)
play styles that compliment your own?
people you know you, and more importantly the rest of the team, can at least get on well enough with for 2 hectic weeks

this isn't an official event and at times it seems farcical at best. if it was official, then i'd say that probably a more even way of deciding folks would be needed all around.

but like i said it's not official, but has been introduced forum wide as a competitive event with rules.

what would you do? (readies links to many threads listing 'friends' as 'best evar', also wishing for old forums for more links back)

Ram

Head Gardener
The England Team has been picked and selected, I'm sorry to all those who did not get chosen but I had to pick a team that I felt would give us the best chance of winning:

1. Martin (C)
2. Bubbles
3. Changer
4. DarkAngel
5. Freddy
6. Lukey
7. Polo
8. Ram
9. Toby
10. Twigley

I wish every other team the best of luck against the English Wall, although any attempts to try and topple us will be laughed at and crushed!!

WAAARRR HUUUUHHHH!!

Not that it matters to me as im quitting and couldnt have played, but it would have been nice to see you pick people outside your friendship group!

:p

Well, that group is a good group imo, will give us a good chance of winning, it may just be a coincidence that its in the 'friendship group'. Even though me and Marty aren't friends as such. He just abuses me :eek:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
tbh people are dropping out due to delays so the team will change. From my view, as it is looking unlikely to start this Friday I won't be able to really play. I'll drop down as captain and if someone wants to pick me for their team they can.

If it starts on Friday I'll still do my duty as chief.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Unfortunately this PW is cancelled (indefinately) - Message from DA on it below:

On account of the fact that many teams have yet to forward me their BC payment, and flamey has dropped out as captain of Aus/NZ, I'm afraid this PW now looks extremely unlikely to happen.

At the start it didnt look *that* unlikely that each region would have such great difficulty finding 10 players, however unfortunately this has been the case - and if we don't have 5-6 teams of 10, we don't have a PW.

What I may look at doing in the near future is sorting some kind of UK based tournament, perhaps a north-south divide.

Apologies to all those looking forward to this, I for one was looking forward to a decent PW.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Good idea actually :p

I had left them before in the hope that maybe it would happen but its not gonna :( And DA can always unlock them i guess.

Locked to avoid Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.