World Cup- Replacing players

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
/me supports Common sense! :p

hot damn, a convert!

alci, get this man his robes. go forth young acolyte and spread the good word.

holy buggery my scam, errrr.... religion is working!

here thou art young padawanski, here art thy robes with which thou shalt heal the world of neanderthal like hairy knuckle dragging brutish insolence!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Choose some people before hand? Like I think people who can be trusted to be online alot and the whole community respects like markb, never header of ANYONE with a problem with him

Jase

Harvester
Sorry but no subs seems the most deem able option, for some reason you are all forgetting that the tourny is only for 2 week not 3 month!! Now I'm sorry but if you start off well then the chances of you contracting some fatal illness (I feel something about swine flu coming on..) you should be able to play, captains will choose players for reliability and dedication, not people who will slack and use "manflu" as an excuse!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
well said.

+1 internets for you

However I guess we can simply say If something so horrific happens that we cant prepare for it Then thats Just something that you have to deal with when it happens :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well said.

+1 internets for you

However I guess we can simply say If something so horrific happens that we cant prepare for it Then thats Just something that you have to deal with when it happens :p

Agreed with Jase. He wins teh internetz

And Flameharvester; if it's something that horrific, then the chances of it happening are astronomically low. Wouldn't you agree? :p

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Exactly which is why I decided to no longer argue in favour of it common sense says it shouldnt happen hence why i said IF it does we just deal with it when it happens

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Good man! i didn't mean to imply you weren't agreeing, just that if a meteor wipes out some people, we're going to go on!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
You know, i agree with no subs, after all it could put countries with not enough people at a disadvantage.

btw, what the heck does '+1 internets' mean?

marvin

Tree Surgeon
1242839955436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Davs

Garden Designer
i'm a little tired so cutting to the point so don't take this harshly....

case by case... by who? the world 'owner' manager... then they would need to be on all the time. and take even more time by deciding whether or not a replacement is worthy? a group vote? stall as long as possible anyone?

that's fair? or did i misread your suggestion?

As I don't care who wins - and I'll undoubtedly like so few people in the England team anyway that I have no bias towards them, I'm happy to judge each case :)