World Cup- Replacing players

flameharvester

Head Gardener
So lets say player A falls sick and cant play and we need to replace him what will the rules on that be?

I suggest the following please pull me up if u have any issues...

1) If a player quits you can replace them but must make it public who your replacing them with so you can prove their your nationality(maybe have a thread for this)

2) If a player is so bad their rank 50000 and the ally is rank 1 you can replace them IF the alliance agrees to on a 15 out of 20 majority

3) only 2 replacments maximum

4) Team captains have to justify their Replacments to The organiser (referee?), Dark Angel or someone chosen to fill this spot preferably someone not actively playing.

Right thats my idea thoughts?

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Imo, if you have a slacker. You *SHOULDN'T* be able to replace him. Because the captain's job is to pick the 9 most adequate players for the job. If they are slacking, tough!

(Again im going to refer to any international footbal tournament).

Teams only take a set number of players in their squads, they cannot just replace someone because they are slacking. They have to make do with what they have.

I believe that should be the case here too - make do with what you have. :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Imo, if you have a slacker. You *SHOULDN'T* be able to replace him. Because the captain's job is to pick the 9 most adequate players for the job. If they are slacking, tough!

Teams only take a set number of players in their squads, they cannot just replace someone because they are slacking. They have to make do with what they have.

lol. That analogy is just sooo good for a counter argument.

Firstly, flameharvester said if a player is sick, not lazy.

And now for your analogy. In an international football tournament every team has a few spare players, commonly referred to as 'subs'. Im sure you know this. So, in your example, if a player is lazy/sick/underperforming for whatever reason, this player would be replaced by another (ie a sub). The team captain/coach would not let the player stay on the field.

Aside from a flawed analogy, if a player is slack then fine. But what if, as flameharvester said, they are sick? Or what if something comes up and a player can no longer commit?

Nitrous

Head Gardener

lol. That analogy is just sooo good for a counter argument.

Firstly, flameharvester said if a player is sick, not lazy.

And now for your analogy. In an international football tournament every team has a few spare players, commonly referred to as 'subs'. Im sure you know this. So, in your example, if a player is lazy/sick/underperforming for whatever reason, this player would be replaced by another (ie a sub). The team captain/coach would not let the player stay on the field.

Aside from a flawed analogy, if a player is slack then fine. But what if, as flameharvester said, they are sick? Or what if something comes up and a player can no longer commit?

Haha I was waiting for someone to use that "sub / reserve" stuff against me.

Ok Change of view here...maybe allow every captain to have 2 STAND-BY players.

They cannot start an account unless needed...and can only replace people if they are unable to commit. If however they are so s*** (Flamey did say that in his original post), I don't think they should be allowed to replace them. Sort of a punishment for the captain for picking sucha unreliable player! :p

Meh, so now my view is - make do with what you have...unless they are too sick to play. :p

Matt

Harvester
I agree with the if they are sick, then they should be able to be replaced if they cannot commit, personally though if im sick i cant go to work which gives me more time on bush cos id be laid in bed...

But if they are slacking then im sorry i disagree with the swap or sub as you like to call it. its down to the captain to pick the best players for his team and he should look at all the angles including activity. some regions will not have this option to have a spare two players so i think the field should be made fair and you should stick with the 10 selectee's unless someone is really ill and cannot commit.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, why doesnt each team just have 2 players who are stated before the PW starts to be "in reserve" incase a player is unable to play or drops out.

Simple.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Oh right, and if a player is slacking the captain surely wouldn't just say he's sick to get a replacement.

Naivety ftw.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Oh right, and if a player is slacking the captain surely wouldn't just say he's sick to get a replacement.

Naivety ftw.

Aye.

I think the lineup you start with is the lineup you finish with no matter what happens.

"To hack and to spy, from this tick forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in land thin-ness and in land fatness, to attack and to defend, till death do us part."

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I personally dont see the problem with having 1/2 "subs" that can be brough in if a player isnt pulling their weight. As the subs wont have been playing they will have to catch up as well so its not like the team will have an unfair advantage. And as long as the subs are from the right country its fine IMO.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Its not even a choice...bottom half all the way!

But yeah 1 or 2 you numpty!!!! ;)

Davs

Garden Designer
"2) If a player is so bad their rank 50000 and the ally is rank 1 you can replace them IF the alliance agrees to on a 15 out of 20 majority"

if that were the case they shouldn't have been picked. Screw substitutes, if someone for whatever reason has to drop out part way through, it's their fault for claiming they could commit when they actually couldn't.

No reserves/replacements. One fixed team, nothing more and (hopefully) nothing less :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
"2) If a player is so bad their rank 50000 and the ally is rank 1 you can replace them IF the alliance agrees to on a 15 out of 20 majority"

if that were the case they shouldn't have been picked. Screw substitutes, if someone for whatever reason has to drop out part way through, it's their fault for claiming they could commit when they actually couldn't.

No reserves/replacements. One fixed team, nothing more and (hopefully) nothing less :p

Oh also... there are only 10 members per team, so getting a 15 out of 20 majority will be tricky ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
"To hack and to spy, from this tick forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in land thin-ness and in land fatness, to attack and to defend, till round end do us part."

hehe. couldn't resist. too good to pass up. loved the adaptation.

while i'm not opposed to final line up from start to finish, I also think there are some points beyond the captains control to allow 1 or 2 stand ins (happy to limit it to 1) that outweigh the cons.

a) people that know each other well enough sometimes they do weird/odd things for each other because it struck them funny at the time. so someone who joins a team, gives up on 'national pride' because they don't see them winning and help out a friend. they become at best a drag by being inactive/ sacking a roster spot.

b) the stand-in(s) wouldn't have an ID to begin with so you wouldn't be able to sandbag a developed player. it hurst to have a brand new person at first.

c) stuff just happens. what if they never showed up to register to begin with? kinda handicapping a team's attitude from the word go if they aren't able to start with full ranks, knowing that they will always have to make up that slack. lets at least give people an illusion :D

edit: maybe rename or have an offshot tourney called 'world cup:iron man?'

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Naivety ftw.

Ye, we need a medical certificate - every "sick" player must send it to Azzer's Mansion and hope Azzer reads it in time! :eek: (Fan mail's a b****)
/end sarcasm

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Naivety ftw.

Ye, we need a medical certificate - every "sick" player must send it to Azzer's Mansion and hope Azzer reads it in time! :eek: (Fan mail's a b****)
/end sarcasm

It would be abused without a doubt :p I don't really like the idea of multiple replacements, perhaps 1 at most as garrett suggested (brilliant man that he is). however i really don't think it necessary. You should be able to replace/switch members due to medical/inactivity reasons right up until the round starts, and then you're stuck with what you're stuck with imo. Or that's how it should be. /end common sense

flameharvester

Head Gardener
sorry but wouldnt it make more sense To judge each one on a case by case basis then Deny replacments altogether. If the captain goes to the organisers and the playerbase in general listen Such and such Is uber inactive Due to these reasons and we wanna replace him with so and so Then it could be decided then and their to allow or not

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i'm a little tired so cutting to the point so don't take this harshly....

case by case... by who? the world 'owner' manager... then they would need to be on all the time. and take even more time by deciding whether or not a replacement is worthy? a group vote? stall as long as possible anyone?

that's fair? or did i misread your suggestion?