Windows Language Help?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Im posting here in the hope that my problem will magically disappear while i distract myself from smashing this university computer to pieces.

F*** Miscrosoft has me on the edge.

I am just trying to write a document, in English. Yet, for some reason Microsft keeps changing my line to Russian whenever i type certain things. Of course, the language bar is now set for Russian (only for the word document). So i check all the language settings and make sure there are no hotkeys to allow this change. Which there arent.

I tried turing off 'advanced text services' and recieved a warning 'not recommended for east asian users as this will disable the language bar'. Now disabling this for east asian users just seems stupid to me, but since im not east asian (or asian at all, f*ck im Australian, in Australia) that shouldnt be problem. Obviously, Windows knows better and in fact, i must be east asian because all of a sudden i have no language bar. And I cant get it back via control panel because im on a university computer. But thats ok, because a simple command line can bring it back.

I even undo everything on my Word document, so there is no russian in the document, select all, set the language to English (Australia) and set the language in the language bar to the same. Yet whenever i seem to type a certain sequence of text and then <alt> to switch windows it turns it to Russian.

But it doesnt do it all the time! I have worked out, the only way it happens it i follow this sequence:

On the end of the line: "27.9 GJ, 29.2 GJ, 27.9 GJ, 28 GJ";
<comma><any string of text of length greater than one><comma><any string of text, even nothing><alt>

This only occurs on the end of the line shown above and apparently nowhere else.

Less stable people would have snapped and massacred everyone in this building. I need to solve this problem for the good of humanity.

Next option is restarting the computer

timtadams

Landscape Designer
wow, i think that's fixed it.

I wish i came across that while Googling. Could have saved a few bytes of space on the internet