What's going on so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
The people that left changed the numbers so we couldn't contact offline people (like yourself).

Does that not support my complaint? That is just an appalling way to play. Full respect to those people that left.

lolwut.

I don't get what you mean there DaX, are you saying that it was appalling that we left you to die to mass incs as there was nothing we could do anyways? Or that it was appalling for those people to change the numbers, yet you still respect those people?

Funny how someone who ran to the rank 1 ally and bought nothing but flak cries so much when people who put actual time and effort into getting to their rank and had masses of lethals killed haven't complained in the slightest.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dax didn't a few of you leave Finale in the **** and moved onto merge with another alliance?
Why are you complaining about it when you did something just as bad this round?

And people wonder why people decide to stop playing this game? Selfish morons that aren't satisfied with where they are, they still want more - GG.

Makes that very hypocritical and you should probally apply it to yourself.

Seems to be it was Karma.

zhouj

Harvester
Meh, no one really gives a **** about what happens in some podunk game in the backwaters of the internet.

zhouj

Harvester
Don't mind Zhouj, he's just sad he lost :(

Lol, considering I left omgpop the first time before everyone else did, you think I care if I win or not?

(Wait, why am I replying to an anachronistic hominoid? :\)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I should think being a human at this stage of world evolution is not really out of place.

On topic, shipjumping is retarded and pretty shameful whatever the reasons. Quitting an ally to their detriment and the benefit of another ally is pretty sad. Then again, do whatever makes you happy I suppose and throw the "golden rule" to the dogs.

zhouj

Harvester

I should think being a human at this stage of world evolution is not really out of place.

On topic, shipjumping is retarded and pretty shameful whatever the reasons. Quitting an ally to their detriment and the benefit of another ally is pretty sad. Then again, do whatever makes you happy I suppose and throw the "golden rule" to the dogs.

(Hominoids encompass more than humans. :p)

I believe the real golden rule is "everyone is self-interested" and not the naive one. As for my take on shipjumping/splits/etc., anarchy and chaos are rarely beneficial to anyone in the long-run. As I said before, just a game (and certainly one that's anachronistic) though so who cares in the end? Most of the people who didn't join AR Mod have other things to ponder.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Lol, considering I left omgpop the first time before everyone else did, you think I care if I win or not?

Nope, I just wanted you to post that to confirm you were the first of many I/we wanted and succeeded in getting revenge on

:eek:

zhouj

Harvester

Nope, I just wanted you to post that to confirm you were the first of many I/we wanted and succeeded in getting revenge on

Revenge is actually quite inefficient. Science has proven hominoids of all shapes and sizes are capable of learning though, if given enough bananas.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I believe the real golden rule is "everyone is self-interested" and not the naive one. As for my take on shipjumping/splits/etc., anarchy and chaos are rarely beneficial to anyone in the long-run. As I said before, just a game (and certainly one that's anachronistic) though so who cares in the end? Most of the people who didn't join AR Mod have other things to ponder.

I wouldn't really describe the game as anachronistic in any shape or form. And if you think it is why do you play it? Maybe you should look up for a better fitting word in your dictionary to make you feel clever.

zhouj

Harvester

I wouldn't really describe the game as anachronistic in any shape or form. And if you think it is why do you play it? Maybe you should look up for a better fitting word in your dictionary to make you feel clever.

If you think a text-based game (with no FB/iPhone app) is somehow well-suited for the time period, you must be delusional.

I came back for a round to check out how things were going and it's still the same thing as before. Maybe you should just go back to "having a girl over" with Twigley and mail it to your alliance.

Changer

Head Gardener

Revenge is actually quite inefficient. Science has proven hominoids of all shapes and sizes are capable of learning though, if given enough bananas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtzrbL9s9A

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

If you think a text-based game (with no FB/iPhone app) is somehow well-suited for the time period, you must be delusional.

I came back for a round to check out how things were going and it's still the same thing as before. Maybe you should just go back to "having a girl over" with Twigley and mail it to your alliance.

As a free online game I would say is quite well suited for this time period.
If you are going to say something like that you should also apply that to your mud hut... we have bricks now.

zhouj

Harvester

As a free online game I would say is quite well suited for this time period.
If you are going to say something like that you should also apply that to your mud hut... we have bricks now.

Right, MUDs are totally the hit thing these days since they're free online games.

Oh wait...

(And sorry, bricks are outdated; we have marble now.)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I don't think monkeys, apes, or orangutans et al are anachronistic for this time either. Then again it's hardly important, since Iamsmart isn't an ape anyways, nor is he anachronistic. I could think of other words to describe him tho ;)

There are a few variations on the rule it's true, the one I was referring to was "do unto others as you wish done unto yourself." Obviously you have a different, far more self serving definition, which I wouldn't consider the "Golden Rule." Anyways, hardly relevant, but I was meaning my definition, not yours.

As for your take on shipjumping etc, I don't really know what happened this round amongst the top allies save for what i hear in IRC or on forums (and god knows that's always biased beyond belief) so my comments are of a more general nature. As for chaos/anarchy, you're correct in general, it's rarely beneficial to anyone for a long period of time. However, I'd think that having a fluid situation relating to rank 1 in this game would be something to be desired so it's more fun for all. After all, we've been trying to get that sort of thing to happen for several rounds now so that the game doesn't always go the same way with one alliance smashing ahead to a stupidly large lead, then sitting on acres til round end. Then again, that's only my opinion, and i'm sure there are a multitude of differing views on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.