voting and no seeds?

[Thinking]

Pruner
ive voted yesterday and today and havnt recieved the seeds for it. this happend to me numerous times last round but i never really thought nething of it. i do remember it would sometimes give me the seeds and other times not.

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: voting and no seeds?

The voting system is less reliable than Pete Dohertys attempts to give up Crack. I find the best bet is to close and reopen the window 3-4 times, but even that doesn't work 100%. Its unreliable and you just have to put up with it unfortunately :(

Garrett

Landscape Designer

in the past i've went to the page didn't give me the option to vote even tho it's been more than 24 hrs (and no one else has voted)... so I went to the vote section and reloaded that bush page and it said i have 5 mins to vote still and 4x more for the day stuffs.... so I left it on that page and loaded the DoG link to another window instead of tab and did a manual vote and got my seeds immediately.

this if i recall correctly doesn't work 100% of the time, but is at least cathartic and makes me feel like i made a difference ;)

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Every round we have the same gripe. And every round it's just as silly...

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SEEDS!!!!

It's not like it's the end of the world if you don't get them.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

make a sticky like with weather?

[Thinking]

Pruner

well to what bobbin said im srry i dont remember every single post thats ever been posted on the forums, my fault. and its never happend to me b4 and the responses i got from the other people actually helped. so thx to them.

Reub

Pruner

Bobbin said:
Every round we have the same gripe. And every round it's just as silly...

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SEEDS!!!!

It's not like it's the end of the world if you don't get them.

People play competitively though as well you need to think.

I think it's a little annoying also, it happened to me last round a bit and hinders your start a bit.

Subdivisions

Harvester

What I've found works for me is after I do my initial vote, I go to the Directory of Games site and manually vote an additional 5-10 times...it's worth a shot! ;)

Welshie

Harvester

There is nothing wrong with the bushtarion side of the voting system. When you click the button to vote on the bushtarion side, it checks the current recorded amount of votes for bushtarion on DOFG, checks it again every now and then for 5 mins or whatever the limit is, and awards you seeds if this count goes up. This is why often you can get seeds without voting on DOFG, just clicking the vote button.

The problems lie at DOFG. However, to be fair, it is worth noting that DOFG only allows you to vote once per 24hr period, as does bushy, but I do not know if the 2 time periods are in sync. I mean that bushtarion counter resets each day at midday, whereas I have no idea when DOFG's IP logs reset.

I quite frequently am unable to vote for bushtarion when I visit the dofg site. When this happens, I use an annoymous web proxy to visit the site and I can vote without problems and collect my seeds.

Max

Garden Designer

I've had similar problem with voting, and like Bobbin said, it's not going to change one's chances of success in bushtarion that considerably. It's just a small set-back that's all!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

voting system sucks balls...

azzman cant we just find a good voting site?

Cal

Weeder
DoF Games Vote

DoF Games Vote

DoFGames is down, I cant get my bonus for voting.

This is not my fault, I shouldn't be punished because of it..

It's totally knackered my starting strategy, it really has!

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Re: DoF Games Vote

Likewise, especially at this stage of the game when you need the seeds the MOST! :mad:

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

A lot of people are having problems, if not everyone. Thing is, the seeds you get for voting is only a 'bonus' and no part of the game itself. If DoG is down, Azzer can't do anything about it. ;)

Darryl

Head Gardener

Both topics about not recieving seeds from the voting system merged, please check for similar topics before starting your own.