• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Variable Land Type

Dafydd

Pruner
Taken from another thread;

The seed / land system hasn't been changed in ages.

Does that mean it clearly works, or desperately needs a change?

How about a land type where the seeds can be grown more effectively in poor weather? Not a radical change, but a bit different?

Essentially, this would change very little in the game. Making it so that grass grew effectively in rain, as opposed to the sun, would not be something revolutionary, but during flak wars, having the ability to have at least a few alliance members grow during bad weather would bemore than beneficial.

I'm not suggesting that it would grow in windy conditions, that's just silly. This may be an unrequired piece of tinkering, but like an alliance with a pre-set route set up knows know, good planning is the key :p

I'm not great at, as Garrett said, 'fleshing things out', so thought I would set up some kind of discussion here.

Madmeater

Harvester
I think this is a good Idea but some things need to be considered:

If, say, grass grows better in rain, does that mean it wouldn't grow as well in sun? like a polar opposite?
Or would it grow normally in sun but better in rain?

Would weather need looking at too? for example, if grass grows worse in sun, then rain would need to occur often throughout the year in order to allow you to even plant it.

I suppose in this example, grass would be the seed type that is stored all year until winter comes, then becomes the major bread winner, allowing bush, flower and tree to be saved until spring, while grass is used to provide funds during the shitty weather.

While the grass wouldn't provide very much income alone, it would allow for some combat to take place during winter, as troops would be able to be replaced.