Used Names

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
anyone else find it annoying when someone uses a name youve had or a name you know has been used before?
its annoying but also abit like 'Ha i had that name first'

every round i choose a name no-one else has had

anyone else had any names that someone else has copied or found any this round someones used?

discuss.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Re: Used Names

Yup.

I made up:

The Pr of essional

And someone keeps using it over and over again :(

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Twigley said:
Yup.

I made up:

The Pr of essional

And someone keeps using it over and over again :(

And I keep thinking that this is you...

Well it sucks, but there are new guys here who don't know what has been used and what hasn't been.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

While it's true some names are inspired from the past i'm sure plenty are made on the spot by ppl who have no ideea they where used before. When i made Sword of Justice in round 10 (my first) somebody quickly came at me how it was his name from a previous round. Also Balls of Steel while it's a popular one in bush there is a chance a new player to get it without thinking/careing it was overly used nefore. Since most will pick one word for each company and owner and since many want cool names it's more than likely ppl to think of same names like Sound of Silence, Planter of Seeds etc. If you want one for yourself make it a long name that's unlikely to be 'accidentally' used in near future :)

BeakY

Harvester
Buckinghamshire, England, Earth, Milky Way

Cyrus said:
there's always user profiles so...not really an excuse :p

are you telling me you troll through absolutely EVERY user profile before picking a name just incase someone has used it in the past......
personnally if some1 uses a name i've used in the past it gives me a warm feeling inside, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all that,
yeah saying it's "theirs" sucks but most people know that the new-guy saying its theirs is probs bs'ing to sound cooler

Silence

Head Gardener

DarkSider said:
Since most will pick one word for each company and owner and since many want cool names it's more than likely ppl to think of same names like Sound of Silence, Planter of Seeds etc.

W1, R16 The_Sound of Silence [41]

:eek:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

well silence believe it or not you can think of a name and put it into user profiles and nicks come up that have used that name ;)

learn new tricks everyday dont ya :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus I think you should probably not worry about things which are well beyond your control; such as the choices other people make for their ingame IDs. If you're really upset by it, kill them ingame repeatedly or however you feel you can get your e-penis off. Otherwise you just sound like a spoiled brat. Happy hunting!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i was just wondering if anyones bothered about using unique names that no-one else has had

ya know lots of people like to be unoriginal, i am one :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I had a few rounds where I just googled "of" and picked a name at random from a page of the thousands of hits that came up... (using a D100 and a D10) that way the chance of finding something unique was good! :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I usually try and think of something no-one has used before. Also, something which isn't cliched or boring. I wouldn't use like "taker of all your land" or "killer of your troops" or any of those types of names (apart from my name of my second ID last round which I chose deliberately because it was the most annoying name I could think of). I remember in round 20 I used the name "The Player of Games" because it was a book by Iain M Banks, carrying on the trend from the previous round when I had been "Use of Weapons", which is another book by him. There was someone else in round 20 who was called "Player of Games" and it was bloody frustrating :p I made sure he died as often as possible.

mrmongo

Harvester

i dont think anyone has used my previous names... but then who would think of
The Anal Hair of a Large Elephant
Back of f i got STD's
Fubar of Troubled Minds
eRbAL of R3meDie

They are a little more inconspicuous

Silence

Head Gardener

Cyrus said:
well silence believe it or not you can think of a name and put it into user profiles and nicks come up that have used that name ;)

learn new tricks everyday dont ya :p

Im not completly sure what you were getting at but you were so quick to be hostile you didn't check anything.

Firstly Im the only one to use that name (as recorded)
Secondly I wasn't commenting on whether or not someone used "my name" I was commenting on the fact Darksider called me common (smelly Romanian =P )

Finally I'd like to say its just sad to think you have claim over a name. Feel honoured that someone thinks you were cool enough to be copied (ZOMG I KNOW ITS ****ED UP)

=)

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

I generally use whichever name was the most popular (in the "Best names of round X" thread) the following round.

Dennis

Harvester

nopjes said:
I Came up with My Friend of Misery, then a round later someone else had it 2
i made him pay:D

I can asure you that Metallica beat you to that name ;)