upcoming rpgs?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
anyone know of any good rpgs coming up for ye olde games console. i quite fancy playing an rpg, but dont know if i can bring my self to get back into skyrim. and dragons age 3 isnt released till summer 2014 supposedly. preferably the usual fantasy style with magic/assassin/warrior type of thing going down. preferably simlar vain to:

dragon age
skyrim
kindom of anala -Reckoning
divinity 2.

i bough dead island just the other day but im no where near through it and am beginning to get bored of it. most dissapointed a zombie head shot doesnt do anything with the guns you can get.

also black ops 2 is not looking like my cup of tea from the trailers. im sure assassins creed 3 will keep me going for a while even if black ops sucks. but i was thinking of something a little before the next 2 months. even an old Rpg i havent tried would keep me happy.

any suggestions?

Alvestein

Garden Designer
yochoko, in tokyo jungle video, about 1min 22 secs...is that a dog about to mount another dog? -.-

Yochoko

Head Gardener
yeah, hahaha. XD the trailer shows only the dogs, but any animals have that feature. :X i so wanna play this game as a chick and beat the raptors! :3

Davs

Garden Designer
Downloaded Final Fantasy 7 on my PS3 for a reminder of the good old days. Love it.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Davs, did you unlock the super secret path of saving Aerith? Not that you'd want to save her. Slut.

Davs

Garden Designer
Davs, did you unlock the super secret path of saving Aerith? Not that you'd want to save her. Slut.

I did not do that nor knew it was possible. I must find out how!

Some mates of mine decided to name all the characters after friends of ours. One of our friends judged them and attempted to reduce how much time they spent on it, so named Aeris after her so she would die.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Ten Squares North

can't wait

558501_342135949203990_2115884645_n.jpg

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
My review having played a few suggested.

Witcher 2 was ok, you need to have it on a decent difficulty to get anything much from it. Good enough for another playthrough trying another story option and see how it plays out. but doubt ill change my ability upgrades. Seems you get a few good early tree upgrades. But it mostly comes through towards the end. No real change in combat by chosing different upgrades. You simply chose which abilities you want to enhance. Combat starts off hard but becomes a little too easy at times when you know what your doing. Upgrading gear and general rpgness a bit of a let down. best weapons you get from the side missions. And you only really get chest upgrades, and trophy upgrades. Legs arms and boots dont change much. And mutagens are over rated. Difference between the best boots in the game and the starting boots is so little. Its more just a toekn gesture that you can upgrade that gear. All in all 7/10, good but not rpg enough for my tastes

Dragons dogma, much more my cup of tea. Id say at times could rival skyrim for epicness. Purely because i really enjoyed the novelty of fighting large enemies like trolls and half goat half lion part snake creatures, or hydras and all kinds of cool things. Not like world of war craft or any other rpg ive played, where you stand in front of the enemy and swipe its legs till it dies. Instead You take running leaps and cling on to giant trolls and all kinds of things, scramble up its back and hack at its face till it brushes you off like your a pesky fly buzzing around it. And location damage has a big effect. Cripple the legs so it falls or hit the soft spots, and do more damage. But by the 20th giant creature you soon lose the awe. The different classes had a nice variety of difference in talents and skill but allowed you to smoothly transition where some gear and weapons are able to be used by cross over classes, and your main helper levels too so you can set them how you like. And always straight swop thier class and yours switching gear etc. You have an ai group with you and you can set it how you like. Very much enjoyed this rpg. Also unlimited levelling system is well worked.

Overall 9/10... Needs more area, or less of a map. I looked at world map thought wow this is a huge game. Then realised you stay pretty costal and cant go further inland. And as such they cram all the main dungeons and raids into one section at the end, which you can playthrough every few days ingame. Why they just didnt give you more teleports and a larger map and go for it i dont know. Would have been a big fat ten if they had. Maybe they ran out of budget.
also would have liked the ability to forge(ry) more than one of the same item (you'll know what i mean and why if youve played this game)

How these rank with other rpgs in the same style (aka medevil/magic,so ignoring mass effect/ boarderlands/deus ex etc)

Skyrim
Dragons dogma
Jade cacoon(may have rose tinted glasses on for this game)
dragons age 1 and 2
Witcher 2
Kingdom of amalur
Divinity II, dragon knight

Last edited: