• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Unofficial ID Rule

Unofficial ID Rule

• Total voters

Zaheen

BANNED
I never understood why a players ID had to be kept secret, not allowed to be posted in #Bushtarion or on here.

It's mostly common sense really, if your friend wants to be kept a secret and they trust you not to open your mouth then it's all good.

Perhaps until there is some order, and removal of cheaters maybe we should all have a public vote on whether or not a cheaters ID should be posted. I know there are risks somebody fair and honest might flag up here, but I meant more or less for the obvious ones.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
what if someone goes off half cocked without proof (without naming names, there is a thread of that very thing in the gripes section)?

I hate x so i'm going to post his id.

I'm going to post someone's id i was supposed to keep secret for the lulz.

etc etc so on and so forth...

Zaheen

BANNED
The actual ID doesn't need to be linked with a name, chances are you're not going to know "who" is behind the ID.

If you're just referring to somebody posting a friends, or somebody else ID just to annoy them, I'm sure they will be checked and then the poster will just look silly. I know what you're saying, I just thought it would be nice, meanwhile - for everybody to know which ID(s) are cheating so that they shouldn't need to get worked up, and maybe we could combat them without having to "break rules" by posting their ID.

^ I just think that is a little immature, we haven't done anything wrong you see.

Also this way, if there is an "unofficial" ID list of cheaters, it would be pretty simple/easy for any Admin to swoop in, check them all and you know - fix it all. Players can confirm and rate the ID to assure it is valid.

Last edited:

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Not sure thats its something that should be left to players 99% of any accusations would be emotional rather than logical

Mr-Blonde

Digger
I never understood why a players ID had to be kept secret, not allowed to be posted in #Bushtarion or on here.

It's mostly common sense really, if your friend wants to be kept a secret and they trust you not to open your mouth then it's all good.

Perhaps until there is some order, and removal of cheaters maybe we should all have a public vote on whether or not a cheaters ID should be posted. I know there are risks somebody fair and honest might flag up here, but I meant more or less for the obvious ones.

Wouldnt that not always be a subjective evaluation ?
Ive more or less just gotten back after 15 or 20 ish rounds of inactivity, but if the forums are anyway like they used to be (and it seems they are), i know how such a thread would develop :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
The actual ID doesn't need to be linked with a name, chances are you're not going to know "who" is behind the ID.

If you're just referring to somebody posting a friends, or somebody else ID just to annoy them, I'm sure they will be checked and then the poster will just look silly. I know what you're saying, I just thought it would be nice, meanwhile - for everybody to know which ID(s) are cheating so that they shouldn't need to get worked up, and maybe we could combat them without having to "break rules" by posting their ID.

^ I just think that is a little immature, we haven't done anything wrong you see.

Also this way, if there is an "unofficial" ID list of cheaters, it would be pretty simple/easy for any Admin to swoop in, check them all and you know - fix it all. Players can confirm and rate the ID to assure it is valid.

i post id x and from usage of nbs or just maths, i also say his online/offline times. who cares if it was posted right or wrong or indifferent - people are going to see a target. also, with the way the game is written, there is probably a report that they pull based on certain criteria rather than hunt for needles in haystacks. messaging (well in the past) on the forums and/or id 1 for suspects, is so the admin can verify if they broke the rules.

in short, for admin to decide - not mob rule to post and go off vigilante style.

another example, player x,y,z are new, but friends and join together. don't use forums and don't really know anyone in game. most folks don't read eula's and just click ok so they can get to the good stuff... they unwittingly break rules. so now instead of admin approaching them (after someone discretely messages admin or a few someones) to say - i see you are new, you are being bad. stop it and here's where the rules are - we now will brand them cheaters and traitors to the cause and put them on a list to be harassed by the base.

bye bye new players that never had a chance.

Zaheen

BANNED
You're making lots of valid points, but there are help channels, and many places including the manual where the rules are pretty much stated (or should be).

This thread/suggestion wasn't to impose extra rules, or shove out fair/genuine players out the door, it was for "blatant" and malicious cheaters.

We would use intelligence and common sense not to tarnish a players reputation by just posting the ID, and the things they have done.

It was just a thought anyway, it was suppose to make the a job easier for Admin. I really can't see how any Admin getting 2000 mails, half of them just spam and the other half false reports and claims, with a minority of cheaters - this isn't really helpful, hence this post.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
We would use intelligence and common sense not to tarnish a players reputation by just posting the ID, and the things they have done.

It was just a thought anyway, it was suppose to make the a job easier for Admin.

i hear you, but a) intelligence and common sense, when the main demographic is teens and early 20s, is in short supply

b) admin isn't active any longer and I'm really surprised something was done this round. seemingly only a select few can get the admin to do anything.

most suggestions would do well to be tabled until someone is actually willing to work on them, imo.

Zaheen

BANNED
Vote speaks for itself, my intentions were good but you're probably right.

Can't change the demographics. It's just some players have a really good eye for cheaters, and others simply don't have a clue.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I do agree with Zaheen, especially on the point of only revealing the ID's of the serious cheaters, like the 9 cheaters who are solo trios I have been hearing about.

But then I also agree with Garrett, about how people would just post the ids of the people they dont like.

But it really depends on how mature the members would be on this. Im pretty sure the more experienced/well known players would only expose the ids who are cheating + have proof. But then the younger players would do any id they dont really like :/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But it really depends on how mature the members would be on this. Im pretty sure the more experienced/well known players would only expose the ids who are cheating + have proof. But then the younger players would do any id they dont really like :/

You are right in that it totally depends upon the maturity level of the players. I think it would be a disaster. Very few people here would be responsible and mature enough to handle this. Unless we removed all restrictions against posting IDs, in which case it would just be messy for a bit, then everyone would settle down.

Honestly, these days with such a small playerbase, you hardly need to have the restriction lifted. Most people are public ingame, and even if they aren't public, they become known swiftly enough. *shrug* Perhaps if the game is ever revived it might be different, but for now it hardly makes a difference.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Yeah, but i feel it could be a good idea, making the cheaters known and knock them down constantly. And also for them not to be able to join alliances to help them grow. Many reasons why i feel it's a good idea

Yochoko

Head Gardener
i think that... people who know or are sure about the cheaters, then, they can mail each ally those IDs. the way you expose your own ID might reduce the abuse?? and if people got more time to spend for mailing, can mail solos individually those IDs as well?

Zaheen

BANNED
It's just all the secrecy about posting IDs, with all the people *secretly* mailing each other the chances somebody could slip in an ID of somebody they hate could be bigger.

At least if it was public, then people could correct the innocent accusations and victims, and the person falsely accusing lots of people will have a reputation of not having a clue. The players with a good eye for cheaters, will obviously have a stronger decision in the locking.

Don't forget, this suggestion was purely to help our busy Admin who may not have the time to do all this donkey work.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Just gonna say, if this rule was brought into affect first thing I would do each round is find your id and post it.

lillie

Harvester
If the community are going to decide who is cheating then it should be kept very public.... chances are by the time you are accused of this several people have already discussed it and I would want the right to publicly refute it.

Its a wargame ... court martial them if found guilty take them waterboarding :D

Yochoko

Head Gardener
what i meant was, posting others' IDs anonymously (without revealing your own ID) can create the abuse. so, in-game mailing at least reveals the ID(s) of the denouncer(s). people can just believe what they say or study closely the spy reports on the said cheaters' IDs and make their decision to consider them cheaters or the denouncers abusing. then, they can hit either of them? i think accusing people in public should have the responsibility. posting those IDs while they hide their own IDs doesn't sound too fair to me. :X 'coz there will always be some false accusations as well (or abuse).