The Witcher 2?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Saw it advertised and it looked epic but im not looking at getting any more games :p

bluehen55

Harvester
Played when it first came out on PC and absolutely loved it. May have to go back to it soon to see the new content they added along with the console release

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah I bought the enhanced version, somehow missed the original release. But "apparently" i pre ordered this version and paid for it (i have no record anywhere of paying for it) and got a call from my local EBgames to ask when I was coming to pick it up lol.

So, bonus ending for exam week!

So far I'm having trouble adjusting to the controls, and there are some clunky moments, but overall the atmosphere is shockingly amazing. +1 for beating Skyrim in terms of atmosphere.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my friend was playing it when i met up with him this weekend. he said it can be quite unforgiving with your character enhancements, mutagens in particular if you stick them in a slot you cant undo it. adn being at the end of most of the trrees it kind of forces you down one development route.

he also said you health is pretty unforgiving. some boses can screw you up quick.
personally im pretty sure he just liked it for the sex scenes. though the intro trailer is pretty cool.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah. if you get backstabbed before you get a certain "skill" you receive 200% damage. So if you are surrounded by a mob of like 8+ monsters, you will die practically instantaneously.

it is a much more tactical RPG than any I've ever played and I find the autosave/autoreload buttons utterly crucial. You actually have to plan out battlefields with choke points, fallbacks, and traps, and a variety of spells/weapons and potions. It's got a learning curve like the Matterhorn but totally worth it. Far more absorbing, interesting, and technically challenging than any other RPG.

Also, sex scenes. + 1,000,000

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Hmm.. I might look into this. I tend to get bored quickly, if its 1/2 as challenging as you say, it could keep me interested.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It should be noted I'm playing it on normal, and having a devil of a time staying alive. I tried to the harder levels, and just died. It's a considerable challenge for me (but i'm not a really amazing gamer so... judge for yourself.)