• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Temporarily bring back Voting on games sites.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I posted this on the "No New Advertising" thread:

Just as something in the mean time...could you not add in the daily voting thing again? It doesnt even have to give us a reward but it can basically act as free advertising.

If people see us in the top 10 list on a couple of games sites its bound to get a few actually trying the game...

Might as well do everything possible until your ready to push for the big advertising...especially as its free??

But as thats a gripe thread i thought i would make it an actual suggestion.

This was recently suggested here
But i thought i would post a fresh thread as im suggesting it is brought back, giving no rewards (as to avoid any problems with unfair advantages - as f0xx mentioned in the above thread), ONLY in the mean time until Azzer decides its the right time to go ahead with a more widescale advertising campaign.

I cant see the downsides to this, im assuming it is free to go onto these sites and vote...and even if we only get a few votes we're bound to get the odd player that at least looks at the game and might stick around.

Thoughts?

Davs

Garden Designer
the only bad point I can think of is that without a reward of some kind many people may simply not think about voting. I for one always forgot to vote even when we got seeds lol. Other than that I'm all for it, this playerbase needs fresh blood and given the chance to make the game look good on a voting site seems like a reasonable way to go. Although it depends on how cost-effective it is for Azzer (I assume websites of this nature charge to allow you to place your game in their list?)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
(I assume websites of this nature charge to allow you to place your game in their list?)

I dunno...i always assumed it was free to be entered onto the list for voting etc and the websites got their money from advertising/sponsored links etc...

If it is free, whether or not many people will click it or not without a reward, its gotta be worth doing as even if only a handful of people go to the homepage each week/month etc its better than nothing!!!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
ofc its free, otherwise why would it still be in the games directory?

see link below :p

and i agree, it doesnt have to work perfectly, but if its there, ill vote. Better than nothing

Davs

Garden Designer
ofc its free, otherwise why would it still be in the games directory

I didn't know it was tbh lol

My point was purely that the ONLY negative I could think of was whether or not it was actually worth Azzer doing it. Other than that I think it's a good idea :)

penguin

Official Helper
I say bring the voting back.. I voted daily and forgot about the seed gain..

I always found myself saying 'where did they come from............ oh yeah'

:p then again, I'm backwards :O

Chezz

Harvester
agreed. i was the one who started the thread that pinpower linked to. :)

Chezz

Harvester
and...why 'temporarily'? why not bring it back permanently? there's no downside afaik.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Well, i only suggested temporarily as the main reason behind my suggestion is as a "quick fix" until more advertising is sorted...but no, it wouldnt hurt to have it all the time.

And as i stated in the first post, it could be without any reward to avoid problems with some people not getting the reward and it being "unfair" to them...especially at round starts.