• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Stealth Units?

Chezz

Harvester
Basically I have 2 small suggestions here:

1) If 2 players are MUTUAL Pnaps, they are able to see each other's stealth units through hax0r.

2) A player, when attacking other players, has the option to unstealth his stealth troops in an attempt to 'scare off' his enemy, so as to reduce troop loss.

Comments?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Stealth Units?

what if we make all units stealth, immobile but mobile with options of selecting which units fire in the mob and which ones i want to return with the option of calling off AR while mowing the lawn and drinking some nice lemonade but collecting bounty from the enemy list at the sametime I'm defending?

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Garrett said:
what if we make all units stealth, immobile but mobile with options of selecting which units fire in the mob and which ones i want to return with the option of calling off AR while mowing the lawn and drinking some nice lemonade but collecting bounty from the enemy list at the sametime I'm defending?

i like that idea, you think it can be done?

kyx

Harvester

Gosh. Garrett probably didn't read, considering that the reply is exactly the same as the one about traps.

Err... explain more clearly pls. When you say "unstealth", does it mean that the guy who is being attacked can see exactly how many units are there or each type? Or does it just show the total number of stealth units?

Ignore those other losers who don't know how to do anything constructive.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

TaO said:
Garrett said:

*hits his head in the table*

Chezz

Harvester

kyx said:
Err... explain more clearly pls. When you say "unstealth", does it mean that the guy who is being attacked can see exactly how many units are there or each type? Or does it just show the total number of stealth units?

Apparently it means that the defender can see the total number of units approaching, but doesn't know how many of each ( as it has always been before)

In the past, if you send 10m assassins and 1m gardeners, it will show 1m approaching, until ETA 1 when it will show 11m approaching.

Now, the attacker can choose to reveal his stealth units earlier, yet the defender would not know what units he sent (be it SA, Assassin, Ninja etc.)

kyx

Harvester

Wow. I don't know whether to support TaO and Garrett for making f0xx bang his head on the table, or to support f0xx in the boycott of lameness and sarcasm.

With the current system, a skilled player can tell exactly how many assassins or ninjas there are by looking at the eta. This sytem would make it impossible to tell, so it could be used to actually hide the numbers instead of showing them.

Chezz

Harvester

kyx said:
With the current system, a skilled player can tell exactly how many assassins or ninjas there are by looking at the eta. This sytem would make it impossible to tell, so it could be used to actually hide the numbers instead of showing them.

Er...how to you 'tell exactly how many assassins or ninjas there are by looking at the eta'??

And how does this system make it impossible to tell..i don't exactly understand...

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Chezz said:
kyx said:

Er...how to you 'tell exactly how many assassins or ninjas there are by looking at the eta'??

And how does this system make it impossible to tell..i don't exactly understand...

Thats the problem here. You just don't understand. Its a silly suggestion, trust me ;)

Darryl

Head Gardener

Assassins and ninjas unstealth at different ETAs, so if you're online and observant, you can tell exactly how many ninjas there are by seeing how much bigger the number of incoming is at ETA 2, than the number of incoming was at the original ETA. the same can be done with assassins, though with some uncertainty due to SAs unstealthing on the same tick.

With your suggestion, they'd be able to unstealth their units, so players can't be sure what is in their mobs, they get the best of both worlds.

Chezz

Harvester

Ok, what about if the attacker CANNOT unstealth his units while attacking, but ONLY when he is sending out the troops?

That way, the defender can't know what unit are sent.

CLem

Head Gardener

Still no, one of the downside of SO is that you can tell where the real inc is when the stealth troops became unstealth, giving them the ability to unstealth before sending out means defenders can't even work out which is the real mob. They already have an advantage of stealth, the ability to "choose" to stealth or not is unjustified and unfair on other routes.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

kyx said:
Gosh. Garrett probably didn't read, considering that the reply is exactly the same as the one about traps.

Ignore those other losers who don't know how to do anything constructive.

I did read. It was yet another suggestion (one that's been posted before) about tweaking units so they could see exactly this and that. Instead of trying to understand exactly why certain things are the way they are. In fact I'm waiting for the next one of you to post about seeing your pnaps incomming. So the same post applies. Lets make unreasonable unit suggestions. That's what this thread, the spike thread and my response to both those threads are.

Pete

Pruner

Garrett said:

good ol' Garrett. I get the point though, too many new people playing SO have found a way into the suggestions in the forums to overpower the one route that they have tried playing with without finding out its current strengths :)

TaO

Tree Surgeon

f0xx said:
TaO said:
Garrett said:

*hits his head in the table*

sarcasm is good :D
btw in the table?

ontopic:
still i think this idea is crap, why do you think its called a STEALTH! unit?! mayb coz they are invisible for hostiles?! if you got 2 pnaps and you do have stealth troops and your going to log off, just mail your stafflist to them before logging off? thats what most alliances do aswell, post your staff list before logging off, increases your chances of succesfull defending alot more instead of unstealthing your stealth troops.

playing a stealth route is a skill you got to learn and understand, why make it as easy as stealing candy from a kid that is already knocked in a coma by others?