• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Stealth defence notes

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Mob Notes on Military page, and Mob messages - unknown are just two examples of threads found by searching the forums.

Stealth incomings do not and will not have mob notes enabled for a variety of reasons. The chief most being that it would disable certain stealth trickery tactics.
Or, if you'd prefer, here's a direct quote from Azzer:
Azzer said:
Because people can use stealth mob trickery - send a stealth mob, recall 2 secs before tick and re-send 2 secs after, the incoming don't get news about that and unless they refreshed, will think it's 1 ETA closer, rather than no closer at all.
If you attach a note to it though, and that note suddenly disappears, you know it's a new stealth mob (from the same person or a different person)

If your suggestion is in reference to adding mob notes to defensive stealth mobs then it kind of falls flat on it's face - it's impossible to tell from an incoming whether it's defensive or offensive; and it should stay that way!

Last edited:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
No. Been discussed loads of times before (as Weeble says) and shouldnt be an option (for the reasons he highlighted ofc)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Alright then, since you are new, I will make an exception ;)

What is the the biggest advantage of the stealth troops? Yes, that's right, they are stealth. Which means what? Yes, that is right, if you are sending defence to multiple targets your enemy won't know where the real defence is. It is the same with fake defense mobs made look real.

Example:
If I have 5m CW, 2m TD and there are 4 people in my ally under attack at the same time, I send 7mln lets to the real defence target and 6.999.999 + 1 geo to the fake ones. When someone spies me he will see that I have sent 4 defense mobs consisting of 7m troops each, but he will not know which one is the one with my CWs and TDs.

How does this work with stealth troops?

Very simple, instead of sending only your stealth units, you send 1 gardener with each of them. This way when the attack spies you, he will see you have sent 4 mobs but he won't know where your stealth units are. Now here comes the question, "Why should I send 1 gardener along?" Very simple - if you are sending lets say TLs in defence and you don't send that 1 gardener along, when 2 ticks pass from the time you send them, the person with the real defence will get a new message saying something like:

Sun 21st Aug, year 2. Dawn Stealth detected A stealth mob has been detected, ETA now 2 ticks, 58,500,000 currently visible. Mob sent from f0xx [1111] to defend you.
And therefore the attacker will have the advantage of knowing where you real defence is, and you don't want that :)

Not to mention that you cannot put notes on stealth mobs ;)

lillie

Harvester
thank you f0xx for the explanation...... :)

I actually understand why the comment was made now.

blockatiel

Planter
Also, only idiots send pure stealth defence.

Gonna have to call you on this one f0xx -

People often send like... 69 ninjas with their SA to make it look fake, or a ton of ninjas without SA to make it look real.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
That is still the same thing as sending a gardener along and only idiots fall for the trick :p

Ahhh, but you could send all your ninjas with all your SA so that the defenders think that one is the fake....how can you be sure!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I dont disagree, i was referring to the part about only idiots falling for that trick.

Because assuming you know your target isnt an idiot, would you not maybe do the opposite to try and trick them?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
ok you want another reason for why it's idiotic? you send 69 ninjas or 1 stealth harvester (reveal eta 3) or whatever...

the spy report on my target doesn't show 'unknown staff with unknown intentions'

so I'm spying at eta 3.... I'm much larger than my target, and I don't notice anything of consequence so I don't care that I have to run to the store or walk the dog and not get back to the comp in time....

so ooooh ninja fake at eta 2... does nothing, I'm already afk and comitted because I've already spent so much time attacking and spying.

So you thought you were clever and your fake didn't make anyone recall. Thus you might as well not have sent anything at all.

If this doesn't help clear up why the tactic in question is poor or at least not as good... then I'm afraid you'll just have to continue your conversation with your nearest brick wall.

edit: oh forgot my original point.... someone asked why f0xx said stealth defence... look at the thread's title 'Stealth defence notes' so regardless of what he wrote... it be the label. either side of the coin has been rambled about at great length...

IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF THE HOLY GRAIL HORDE..........

"GET ON WITH IT!"

Last edited: